Author Topic: Here's your democratic speaker..........  (Read 9837 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Here's your democratic speaker..........
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1173879247562&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

What an idiot!

here is a bitch that a few months ago is talking about how she represents how far women have come and then she goes to a nation where they repress women and what does she do? Cover her legs and head when in public!! Way to stand for women's rights!! LMAO
gotta love life

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
I wish someone would blow her head off in syria.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »
I wish someone would blow her head off in syria.

she is doing them such a favor...any dems answer me this....if we let the leaders of Iran, Syria and Al Queda vote in America would they vote GOP or Dem?
gotta love life

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »
she is doing them such a favor...any dems answer me this....if we let the leaders of Iran, Syria and Al Queda vote in America would they vote GOP or Dem?
100% democratic.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »
here is a bitch... she goes to a nation where they repress women and what does she do? Cover her legs and head when in public!! Way to stand for women's rights!! LMAO

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »

Is that Laura Bush? I can't tell, if it is then you haven't proven a point. When did Laura Bush give a speach about representing how far women have come?
gotta love life

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »

She will probably go to Iraq and meet with insurgents next and tell em, WAIT TIL MARCH 2008 and the country is yours , all I can til then is stop money for our troops which will be great for you guys, they might be withou ammo and you can really kill lots of them!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »
Is that Laura Bush? I can't tell, if it is then you haven't proven a point. When did Laura Bush give a speach about representing how far women have come?

"Good morning. I'm Laura Bush... The severe repression and brutality against women in Afghanistan is not a matter of legitimate religious practice."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/11/20011117.html

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
"Good morning. I'm Laura Bush... The severe repression and brutality against women in Afghanistan is not a matter of legitimate religious practice."

it is a little different there Ribo...Pelosi said "we broke the marble ceiling in washington" and I think I heard "I am woman hear me roar" playing in the background....she implies that she suceeded in the face of male chauvanism...why didn't she make a stand in Syria and really thumb her nose at the men?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »

and where did that picture come from, she was wearing all black in SE asia? Looks like a funeral picture
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
and where did that picture come from, she was wearing all black in SE asia? Looks like a funeral picture

U.S. first lady Laura Bush (C) visits the Dome of the Rock mosque in Jerusalem's Old City May 22, 2005.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-05/23/content_444825.htm

Or if you prefer....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/05/images/20050522-4_p44900-527-515h.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/05/images/20050522-4_p44900-596-515h.jpg

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »
why didn't she make a stand in Syria and really thumb her nose at the men?

It's called "diplomacy".

That's OK... I know you right-wingers aren't up to speed on the concept yet.  :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »
It's called "diplomacy".

That's OK... I know you right-wingers aren't up to speed on the concept yet.  :)
You mean something like this?   :P

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »
 :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 03:39:09 PM »
I'll take Pelosi over this sack of crap.

In 1997, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) led a delegation to Colombia at a time when U.S. officials were trying to attach human rights conditions to U.S. security assistance programs. Hastert specifically encouraged Colombian military officials to “bypass” President Clinton and “communicate directly with Congress.”
…a congressional delegation led by Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) which met with Colombian military officials, promising to “remove conditions on assistance” and complaining about “leftist-dominated” U.S. congresses of years past that “used human rights as an excuse to aid the left in other countries.” Hastert said he would to correct this situation and expedite aid to countries allied in the war on drugs and also encouraged Colombian military officials to “bypass the U.S. executive branch and communicate directly with Congress.”

Subsequently, U.S. Ambassador to Colombia Myles Frechette sent a cable complaining that Hastert’s actions had undermined his leverage with the Colombian military leadership.

In other instances, Hastert actually guided congressional staff to unilaterally reach deals with Colombian officials:

House Foreign Affairs Committee staff, at the direction of the Hastert group, would fly to Colombia, meet with the nation’s anti-narcotics police and negotiate the levels and terms of assistance, the scope of the program and the kinds of equipment that would be needed. Rarely were the U.S. diplomatic personnel in our embassy in Bogata consulted about the “U.S.” position in these negotiations, and in a number of instances they were excluded from or not even made aware of the meetings.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/04/hastert-colombia/

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
It's called "diplomacy".

Diplomacy????????

That dimwit thinks she can just do things as she pleases.......she just slapped the President and the country (our country) right in the face, hey pal, you elected her and the rest of the liberal idiots now you can eat crow and deal with it!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
Diplomacy????????

That dimwit thinks she can just do things as she pleases.......she just slapped the President and the country (our country) right in the face, hey pal, you elected her and the rest of the liberal idiots now you can eat crow and deal with it!!

You mean like California Republican Darrel Issa?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=5030&sectionid=3510202

U.S. Congressmen meets with Syria's President Assad
Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:18:15 
 A U.S. delegation headed by Representative Darrell Issa, met with Syrian President Bashar Assad a day after U.S. Speaker of The House Nancy Pelosi held meetings with the Syrian President.

The 3 person delegation headed by Mr. Issa, who is of Lebanese decent, covered a variety of issues important to the region, such as security and how Syria can be of assistance regarding the U.S-led war in Iraq.

These meetings have all been objected by the White House and President Bush.

When Mr. Issa was asked why the White House has criticized these meetings, he said: "President Bush is the head of state, but he hasn't encouraged dialogue. That's an important message to realize: we have tensions, but we have two functioning embassies."
Congressional Democrats and many Republicans have criticized Bush for closing the doors on dialogue between the two countries.

Since full details of the topics covered remain unclear, it has become evident that both Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Issa have taken their own initiative in improving U.S. foreign policy in areas where President Bush and the White House have failed.

Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Issa have both iterated that Congress will continue to have dialogue with Syria and its officials, stating that they are first on a fact-finding mission which they hope will lead to bilateral relations with Syria.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
Diplomacy????????

Meltdown.  ;D

Yes, by her engagement and diplomacy quickly succeeding where Bush's bullying and isolation have failed for 6 years, she has indeed slapped the President in the face. Maybe even kneed him in the crotch.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  :)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »
Meltdown.  ;D

Yes, by her engagement and diplomacy quickly succeeding where Bush's bullying and isolation have failed for 6 years, she has indeed slapped the President in the face. Maybe even kneed him in the crotch.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  :)

How if the fuck did she succeed?? She conveyed the freaking message to Syria be saying Israel was ready for peace..........I see you got the part where I said she slapped the pres in the face but missed the part where I said she also slapped the COUNTRY as well!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/05/pelosi-syria-prove-it/

Pelosi insists that Israel’s message was communicated accurately, and has suggested a good way to prove it:
[Pelosi spokesman Brendan] Daly pointed out that Pelosi was briefed by State Department officials before her meetings with the foreign leaders and that State Department officials also attended her meetings.

So if Pelosi really committed foreign policy flubs of the first order, the State Department is in a position to confirm as much.

The White House certainly received a read-out of what exactly Pelosi and the foreign leaders said in their meetings. Significantly, the White House has not openly accused Pelosi of the foreign-policy missteps the Post had accused her of.

In an e-mail follow-up, Daly wrote: “WH has not said that because in fact the Speaker did not get the message wrong — she included the necessary caveats and did not say or imply that this was a change in Israel’s position.”
Indeed, despite President Bush’s claim that Pelosi’s trip sent “mixed signals,” State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said during his briefing today, “I don’t think [the trip] necessarily complicates anything that we’re doing.”

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
missed the part where I said she also slapped the COUNTRY as well!

Yeah, well, that's the part I had trouble understanding.  :)

How exactly did America get slapped by this?

Or to be more precise: how did it slap us in a way that the visits by Republican lawmakers Frank Wolf of Virginia, Joseph Pitts of Pennsylvania, and Robert Aderholt of Alabama a few days earlier did not?

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_5587368

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
RUSH: The big news today, I guess (there's so much of it) is Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House.  Let me take you back to what I said yesterday on this program.  This was tough to say, folks, as I mentioned leading into this comment.

RUSH ARCHIVE:  I don't think that she is blessed with a tremendous IQ.  I don't think this is the brightest bulb, incandescent or compact fluorescent, in the socket.  I don't think that the elevator goes all the way to the top.  She is an order of French fries short of a Happy Meal.  There are any number of ways that you can say this.  I really do think that she's... she's... she's... stupid.  There, are you happy?

RUSH:  For her years and for her experiences what she's pulled off here is over the top.  It turns out that she came out and she made a statement. She probably announced that she had told Bashar Assad that Ehud Olmert of Israel was ready to talk peace.  This is what she said yesterday afternoon after she had met with Assad.

PELOSI:  The meeting with the president enabled us to communicate a message from Prime Minister Olmert, uh, that Israel is ready to engage in talks as well.

RUSH:  There's a little problem with this, Olmert did not authorize her to say such a thing, and he doesn't believe such a thing.  They're not going to talk peace with Syria until Syria renounces its state sponsorship of terrorism.  Now, it was bad enough that Pelosi offered a photo-op credibility to Bashar Assad and the other leaders of Syria, the people who run state-sponsored terrorism.  They've been linked to the assassinations in, and attempted destabilization of, Lebanon. They coddle Hezbollah.  They've thrown in their lot with Iran and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.  It's bad enough when Pelosi pulled that Gucci scarf over her head to make a hijab, although that might be something that's excusable.  That was observing a religious custom as she went into a mosque. A lot of people would do that. But then she can't even get it right.  Now, here she is. She's not even empowered to conduct foreign policy.  She's the speaker of the House, and foreign policy does not come under the purview of members of Congress even if they are speaker of the House.

But she couldn't even get it right when she tried to convey a message from Israel to Syria, and she forces Olmert to put out a clarification that exposes her incompetence, and that's what this is.  You can't say she's trying to massage things. You can't say she's trying to mobilize and get started the peace talks.  This is just... You have to chalk this up to incompetence.  You might say duplicity.  It really doesn't matter whether she was deliberately deceitful or just hopelessly naïve and inadequate.  This is just an ugly scenario, and it's embarrassing, and I talked to some people in Great Britain today, and the news that their 15 sailors and marines are back is secondary to this news of Pelosi having to be corrected by the Israeli prime minister.  Even the Washington Post today weighs in with an editorial: "Pratfall in Damascus -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) offered an excellent demonstration yesterday of why members of Congress should not attempt to supplant the secretary of state when traveling abroad." 

They go on to detail what happened, and they say, "Only one problem: The Israeli prime minister entrusted Ms. Pelosi with no such message. 'What was communicated to the U.S. House Speaker does not contain any change in the policies of Israel,' said a statement quickly issued by the prime minister's office [in Israel]. In fact, Mr. Olmert told Ms. Pelosi that 'a number of Senate and House members who recently visited Damascus received the impression that despite the declarations of Bashar Assad, there is no change in the position of his country regarding a possible peace process with Israel.' In other words," as the Post writes here, "Ms. Pelosi not only misrepresented Israel's position but was virtually alone in failing to discern that Mr. Assad's words were mere propaganda."  Everybody else understands what this guy is all about.  She doesn't.  Folks, I'm just telling you again where this stems from.  They're trying to isolate President Bush and trying to make him look more and more irrelevant, and in the process, Pelosi is trying to infuse her own version of liberalism into foreign policy which is based on this premise:

The only enemy in the world today that the US has is George W. Bush.  There is no war on terror. They're even going to strike that language from the with defense appropriations bill for fiscal year 2008.  There is no "war on terror."  If it weren't for the fact that Bush went over to Iraq and Afghanistan and started kill Muslims, why, they wouldn't even dislike us!  So people like Pelosi honestly believe -- having grown up with conflict resolution class after conflict resolution class -- that all we have to do to go to bad people, evil people, the bad guys, the enemies, to convince them to like us is to go say, "Look, we love you, and we understand your problems, and we want to get along, and if you'll just be patient and wait for us to get full power in Washington, and get rid of President Bush, then we can do business."  Of course, Assad recognizes a sap when he sees one as does Ahmadinejad or any of these other Islamists.  They recognize a sap when they see it.  You think Assad would rather be dealing with somebody like Pelosi in the White House than somebody like Bush?  You think bin Laden would?  You think Ahmadinejad would? 

Of course! They have actively campaigned, publicly so, with statements to the worldwide media, hoping Democrats win the election in 2006 and they'll do so again in 2008, and Pelosi doesn't understand this.  There is an arrogance and a condescension about liberals like Nancy Pelosi who think that the power of her personality and the desire for goodness and kindness and love, can change these renegades into people we can do business with, and they just recognize her is the sap that she is, give her whatever she wants, allow her to go out and claim victory.  The Post concludes, "Never mind that Pelosi's statement is ludicrous..."  By the way, the statement they're referring to is this:  "We came in friendship, we came in hope, and we came determined that the road to Damascus is the road to peace," and that is sophistry.  That's the kind of thing you'd get from a Miss America contestant or a National Honor Society candidate.  "Never mind that that statement is ludicrous: As any diplomat with knowledge of the region could have told Ms. Pelosi, Mr. Assad is a corrupt thug whose overriding priority at the moment is not peace with Israel but heading off U.N. charges that he orchestrated the murder of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq al-Hariri.

"The really striking development here is the attempt by a Democratic congressional leader to substitute her own foreign policy for that of a sitting Republican president."  The Post is exactly right about this.  "Two weeks ago Ms. Pelosi rammed legislation through the House of Representatives that would strip Mr. Bush of his authority as commander in chief to manage troop movements in Iraq. Now she is attempting to introduce a new Middle East policy that directly conflicts with that of the president. We have found much to criticize in Mr. Bush's military strategy and regional diplomacy. But Ms. Pelosi's attempt to establish a shadow presidency is not only counterproductive, it is foolish," and it has become a focal point.  Folks, this is the kind of thing with which the Democrats are sowing their seeds for an eventual landslide defeat, and in their condescension and their arrogance they don't see this.  Trust me on this.  You people have been upset all week about how it is that this kind of stuff goes uncommented upon, unnoticed, by what you think are a majority of the American people.  Believe me, this gets noticed, even the Drive-Bys are all over this one today.   

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Shane in College Station, Texas, I have about a minute and a half before we have to go.  I wanted to welcome you to the program.  Hi.

CALLER:  Thank you, Mr. Limbaugh, fighting Texas Aggies dittos to you and your staff.

RUSH:  Thank you, sir.

CALLER:  Yes, sir. My question is, Nancy Pelosi, the third highest member of our government, has gone to Syria and they basically used her as a pawn.  My question, though, is where is the outrage from the Jewish community and the Israeli descendants or any population therein, that a representative of our government has gone over there and according to Syrian newspapers, at least twice agreed to the fact that peace can only be achieved after Israel returns occupied Palestinian's territory?

RUSH:  I'm running short on time. I wouldn't call it outrage, but, look, this is something the Drive-By Media doesn't ignore.  It's all over the place that Pelosi's in trouble.  Pelosi has made a fool of herself. The Washington Post is leading the way, and some of the Drive-By cable networks, but you have to understand something.  You asked why hasn't there been any Jewish outrage over this.  You have to understand something about liberals, Shane.  They are liberals first.  Whatever else they are, be they feminists or Jewish, they're liberals first -- and liberalism, akin to being a religion, will always triumph when it comes down to it. So Pelosi's a lib. They're going to stand by her.  They're not going to throw her under the bus.

END TRANSCRIPT

Read the Background Material...

WP: Pratfall in Damascus. Nancy Pelosi's foolish shuttle diplomacy
JP: PMO denies peace message to Assad
WT: Pelosi talks to Assad with no authorization by the U.S.
Please Bomb Me! - Victor Davis Hanson

*Note: Links to content outside RushLimbaugh.com usually become inactive over time.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »
You've been told about this before...  :)

If we wanted an unedited dose of that pill-popping gasbag, we'd listen to his crappy show.  :)

I didn't read a word of that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 06:30:57 PM »
Mr I - can you give us a two sentence summary?