Author Topic: Raising the Bar 2 - Advance clip  (Read 23718 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Raising the Bar 2 - Advance clip
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »
Did you guys see the first one "Raising The Bar" ??
it quickly became a "cult favorite" it was/is an inside look at this sport we love so much from a true bodybuilders perspective,humorous,intense and detailed
unlike so many "training tapes" this one was a in-depth look into our lives as seen thru Mikes lens

Raising The bAR # 2 I eagerly look forward too

Thanks for sticking up for us Mike. Maybe a workout sequence wasn't the best clip to release first. Makes RTB2 look like just another bb workout vid. There is a lot more on this DVD of the behind-the-scenes, day-in-the-life kind of stuff that you don't see in your average bb vid, including unprecedented backstage access to the Masters Nationals in Pittburgh last year. (Big thanks to Gary Udit.)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
i'm going to give Dave some advice because he seems like a nice guy on here, lose the earrings, the string tank, the baggy sweatshirt, the Otomix, the drinking out of a bowl, the penciled in "beard", drop the drug use to half of current amounts and put on some size, wear a normal t shirt and pants and drop the pre workout stimulants, he'll be golden if he does all that.

lol, the only thing missing were the construction boots and cut of jeans on legs day.
Here comes the money shot

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »
OK Dave is no fashion icon that's for sure
so he is stuck in the 80's  ......who cares what he wears

i didn't notice any gay shit in that clip (except maybe that skinny kid with "Diesel" Tattooed on his arm)

so Daves form sucks..............this isnt a training tape

give it a chance!

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »
I have a hard time believing that all of you criticizing Dave's apparel and form all workout with perfect textbook form in only the most tastefully coordinated workout outfits! Gimme a break!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

i didn't notice any gay shit in that clip (except maybe that skinny kid with "Diesel" Tattooed on his arm)

give it a chance!

Mike, the only thing that you can learn from this video is "what not to do in the gym" and "what not to wear to the gym"

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »
i'm going to give Dave some advice because he seems like a nice guy on here, lose the earrings, the string tank, the baggy sweatshirt, the Otomix, the drinking out of a bowl, the penciled in "beard", drop the drug use to half of current amounts and put on some size, wear a normal t shirt and pants and drop the pre workout stimulants, he'll be golden if he does all that.
Yup.

It might fool some 18yr old kid with a jug of CellTech and a GNC GoldCard but not us.

The drinking out of the bowl thing was trying way to hard to be 'Animal' all caveman-like and dedicated to his 'craft'. Eating tuna at 10:30 in the morning it was all so pre-digested. On the same level as MuscleTechs 'secrets of the pros' video that came out a few yrs back.

I agree with Sf. Lose the 'Hollywood Hogan' 5:00 shadow and the gay earring and burn the string top NPC wear and spandex Otomix gear.

Next I was waiting for the construction boots and the Daisy Duke cut off jean shorts with the suspenders and camoflauge doo-rag.

Looked like late 90's FLEX Magazine laten homosexual Nasser photoshoot. You were missing the huge thick scrunched down purple SOCKS.

I think they also looked like they seen one to many training videos and tried to emulate their 'heros'. Facial expressions, on the couch interview, the closeups...the look of pain on their faces. Artificial.

Oh, the 'diesel tattoo on the skinny homo trying too hard was as gay as an 'OVERCOME' tattoo on the inner forearm.
?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »
I have a hard time believing that all of you criticizing Dave's apparel and form all workout with perfect textbook form in only the most tastefully coordinated workout outfits! Gimme a break!

I usually wear this same outfit but in red

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »

give it a chance!

That's a good point Mike. This isn't an instructional video in any way. It's a documentary. This DVD is merely about what happened when a lifelong bb atempts to push himself to the next level at 41 years of age. No one is holding Dave up as a paragon of fashion or form.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
Yup.

Oh, the 'diesel tattoo on the skinny homo trying too hard was as gay as an 'OVERCOME' tattoo on the inner forearm.

The closeup of the tattoo was meant to be ironic. Didn't think I'd have to explain that.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

No, I got that...that did make me chuckle as I thought the camera guy had a great eye and sense of humor.

I seen guys in the gym smaller than that with the ol 'bent barbell' on their arms or upper back.

?

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
lmao!!! daaaaaaaamn!!!! thank god im not overly sensative!! you guys are brutal!! loL!!

however, i am guilty as charged on all accusation. i admit i am still stuck in 80's gym fashion. im working on that. my form on everything has been personlized and modified over the years and is, admittedly far from textbook on alot of movements. but, as was mentioned, alot of those clips are out of context and are triple sets and drop sets etc, so the weights arent monstrous and the form...well it works for me.

drinking out of a bowl is not done for effect. ive been doing that for years only because its easier to get all the powder into a bowl rather than a mixing cup. lol!

in fact, nothing in that clip is done for effect. im not putting on faces on purpose or "trying to look like" anything. its just me being me. sorry if it came across otherwise...

arvilla, thanks for the love,,bro...lol!!

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 12:19:15 PM »
No, I got that...that did make me chuckle as I thought the camera guy had a great eye and sense of humor.

I seen guys in the gym smaller than that with the ol 'bent barbell' on their arms or upper back.

Yeah, that stuff always cracks me up too.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 12:21:28 PM »
lmao!!! daaaaaaaamn!!!! thank god im not overly sensative!! you guys are brutal!! loL!!

however, i am guilty as charged on all accusation. i admit i am still stuck in 80's gym fashion. im working on that. my form on everything has been personlized and modified over the years and is, admittedly far from textbook on alot of movements. but, as was mentioned, alot of those clips are out of context and are triple sets and drop sets etc, so the weights arent monstrous and the form...well it works for me.

drinking out of a bowl is not done for effect. ive been doing that for years only because its easier to get all the powder into a bowl rather than a mixing cup. lol!

in fact, nothing in that clip is done for effect. im not putting on faces on purpose or "trying to look like" anything. its just me being me. sorry if it came across otherwise...

arvilla, thanks for the love,,bro...lol!!
I think going semi-loose and fast is fine on certain movements, some of the time but not always... going lighter and slower has it's place absolutely... esp on things like leg extensions

The bowl thing is a good idea IMO...

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
I think going semi-loose and fast is fine on certain movements, some of the time but not always... going lighter and slower has it's place absolutely... esp on things like leg extensions

The bowl thing is a good idea IMO...

thanks, i have found over the years that the loose rhythmic type style really does work on many movements ( not all. i would never do that on, say, dumbell flys)

also, it may surprise many on this board that i have been trining like this since the early 80's and have never had a major injury or torn muscle.

the bowl thing?/ it just works! lol! its easy....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:29 PM »
He needs to learn how to train better

needs to lean what inertia is ...he should be going slower and focus on the eccentric movements and control of the weights..
Damn right, SP. 5 seconds in and I'm thinking WTF, this is farking horrible. Maybe all the spandex saves his joints from breakdown, or something.

/course, i suppose, i'm not trying to 'get to the next level' or whatever, so what do i know   

Reality

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »
This guy does the best editing, camera work and narration that I have seen in bodybuilding.

He's very, very talented.

Good work and 2 big thumbs up!

8)

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com
www.fitnessandfigurereal ity.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 01:54:31 PM »
The CLOSEUP of the leg extension scene was for 'schomes only'. I guess to make some money they have to appeal to the homos so...

I never seen such awful form on standing dumbbell lateral raises or even seated leg curls.

I also thought the NPC 'wear' and the spandez 'OTOMIX' get-up went out 6 years ago?

Then the 'interview' on the ever so comfy looking couch and camera close up of their face showing them resting in between sets holding a look of deep concentration and pain.

Thumbs down.

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
This guy does the best editing, camera work and narration that I have seen in bodybuilding.

He's very, very talented.

Good work and 2 big thumbs up!

8)

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com
www.fitnessandfigurereal ity.com

Wow! Thanks Scott! That means alot coming from you. I can't wait for you to see some of the other footage I got backstage at the Masters Nationals.

It's taking me two years to make RTB2. You and your crew produce funny, entertaining and inspiring mini-docs like this MONTHLY! Don't know how you do it!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 02:55:38 PM »

also, it may surprise many on this board that i have been trining like this since the early 80's and have never had a major injury or torn muscle.

I noticed that the shape of the right bicep was a bit "strange" in the dumbell extension. I thought it was a tear? A lot of oil in the biceps? The shape seems distorted.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 02:59:14 PM »
I noticed that the shape of the right bicep was a bit "strange" in the dumbell extension. I thought it was a tear? A lot of oil in the biceps? The shape seems distorted.

nope. no tear. i have a tendon or some sort of band of connective tissue that runs across my bicep and, in certain positions, kind of cuts it in 2 halves, upper and lower. i hate it but cant do anything about it.

www.davepulcinella.com

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 03:12:18 PM »
You should lay off the anadrol for a while - no ones face should be that red. The vid looks good though, at least you have a 'dream' and are working towards it. Good luck.

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 03:25:43 PM »
i would hate to have to workout in that gym

Totally agreeded.

affy

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
the drinking of liquid diarrhea in a bowl was just the cherry on top of the cake

now thats hardcore

lmao

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »
Mike, very good job. makes me wanna go tear up the legs at the gym tonight.

This clip is so 1995, and i mean that in a good way, the clothes, the gym, everything. Very cool and motivating, i guess i say that cause those we my best years in the gym ;D

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
Mike, very good job. makes me wanna go tear up the legs at the gym tonight.

This clip is so 1995, and i mean that in a good way, the clothes, the gym, everything. Very cool and motivating, i guess i say that cause those we my best years in the gym ;D

Thanks Freak. I guess we all can tend to get a little stuck on the fashions of our best years. They shouldn't fault Dave for that. He is an eloquent guy who is passionate about his sport. And I'm not just saying that because he's my bro. I have done other documentaries on other topics and believe me, it's hard to find a good subject who is comfortable on camera and can express his or herself as well as Dave...whether or not they are sitting on a "comfy couch"!