Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 752282 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8075 on: September 27, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2021/09/27/crypto-price-prediction-100000-per-bitcoin-could-come-even-sooner-than-you-think-with-ethereum-leading-the-way/?sh=204d74fb1748

Crypto Price Prediction: $100,000 Bitcoin Could Come Even Sooner Than You Think With Ethereum Leading The Way

Bitcoin and ethereum have bounced back after the latest China-induced sell-off last week, helping the cryptocurrency market return to $2 trillion.

The bitcoin price fell sharply last week after China's central bank warned all crypto transactions are now illegal in the country but the latest crackdown has failed to deter investors who have continued to pile into other cryptocurrencies as well. The ethereum price has soared 12% over the last 24 hours.

Now, it's been predicted that U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) could greenlight a long-awaited bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) as soon as next month—something that could send the bitcoin price as high as $100,000.

"There’s still a high probability that the U.S. is just going to follow Canada, maybe with a futures-based bitcoin ETF," Bloomberg Intelligence senior commodity strategist Mike McGlone told Stansberry Research last week.

"There are now over [bitcoin ETF] 30 applications, and the fact that money is migrating from the U.S.—from Cathie Wood and Ark—towards Canada, the pressure is quite strong and high for the U.S. regulators to say: 'All right, we’re kind of missing out here and we need to do that.'"

Earlier this month, major investor Fidelity urged the SEC to approve a bitcoin ETF, pointing to increased investor appetite for virtual currencies, growing bitcoin adoption the existence of similar funds in other countries, according to media reports. However, the SEC has signaled it will continue its cautious approach under new chair Gary Gensler, following suit with his predecessor Jay Clayton.

McGlone also doubled down on his $100,000 bitcoin price prediction, forecasting bitcoin will hit the psychological level by the end of 2021 but potentially as soon as October.

"[After bitcoin broke] $10,000, it’s more likely to go to $100,000," said McGlone, referencing bitcoin's volatile price history. "The thing that I’ve underestimated this year is how much there’s been disdain and outflows from gold, and people giving up on gold and going to bitcoin, and going to bitcoin and ethereum, basically putting bitcoin and ethereum in the same bucket as gold."

McGlone looks to ethereum's outsized performance this year—up 700% over the past 12 months compared to bitcoin's 300% rally—as further justification for his $100,000 bitcoin price prediction.

"If bitcoin just catches up to ethereum, of which there have been some ETFs launched in Canada, it would be at $100,000," McGlone said. "In fact, it would be close to $130,000. So I think that’s part of the reason it’s probably gonna get there, and the question is when."

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8076 on: September 29, 2021, 02:53:17 AM »
We are likely looking at the 12th-16th October for a bottom in price action mmmkay.

I moved a portion of my ETH into HEX and increased my original position. This is a great hedge in case the market decides to go into a bear market because HEX will not do what the others will in that scenario.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8077 on: September 29, 2021, 09:47:27 PM »
Imagine if we began to have global energy shortages….

Energy prices go up. BTC Miners reduce as it’s too expensive. Difficulty adjusts to enable less miners to use less energy and make profit. Less miners means Less network security. Less network security means a 51% attack is possible.

Something to think about for next round of FUD.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8078 on: September 30, 2021, 01:28:45 AM »
We are likely looking at the 12th-16th October for a bottom in price action mmmkay.

I moved a portion of my ETH into HEX and increased my original position. This is a great hedge in case the market decides to go into a bear market because HEX will not do what the others will in that scenario.

Richard Heart is God

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8079 on: September 30, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
I don't know too much about bitcoins and crytocurrency but I just read China wants it out of their country. Now Biden nominee for Comptroller of the currency  Saule Omarova wants to eliminate commercial banks and have government banks.  She also wants to serverly regulate crytocurrency. 

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8080 on: September 30, 2021, 12:50:18 PM »
I don't know too much about bitcoins and crytocurrency but I just read China wants it out of their country. Now Biden nominee for Comptroller of the currency  Saule Omarova wants to eliminate commercial banks and have government banks.  She also wants to serverly regulate crytocurrency.

China already exited a couple of months ago. They banned BTC mining and all their computers were sold off, most going to the US.

Media are rehashing old stories.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8081 on: September 30, 2021, 07:42:52 PM »
China already exited a couple of months ago. They banned BTC mining and all their computers were sold off, most going to the US.

Media are rehashing old stories.

Rumour  has it they were forced to shut off the btc miners due to energy consumption and limited energy sources ever since they stopped importing coal from Australia. They cant keep up with demand?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8082 on: September 30, 2021, 11:11:16 PM »
Rumour  has it they were forced to shut off the btc miners due to energy consumption and limited energy sources ever since they stopped importing coal from Australia. They cant keep up with demand?

A good point so let’s look at that.

China available coal power is 4,529Twh

Chinese BTC miners consumed 86Twh of which 63% was from coal = 54Twh

This equates to 1.2% of available coal power.

Honestly, I’d say it’s plausible. 1.2% for something that arguably is supposed to get vastly bigger at a time the world wants to wind back coal power.

Which brings back the question of if Bitcoin is energy and we are going towards less energy then what does that mean for Bitcoin long term?

PS I believe one last dump 11th-15th Oct and I’m buying in hard at that point. Pray for my bags.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8083 on: October 01, 2021, 02:55:19 AM »
If we do anything like last year and oct, nov, dec rhyme with those months of 2020, hang on to your asses, this thing is gonna go nuclear. We could retest ath. Good luck gentlemen.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8084 on: October 01, 2021, 04:01:48 AM »
I will take all you Hexosexuals ($0.42) on with Loopring LRC ($0.38)

Let the best retard win

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8085 on: October 01, 2021, 06:13:44 AM »
I will take all you Hexosexuals ($0.42) on with Loopring LRC ($0.38)

Let the best retard win

Is your boyfriend ok with that?

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8086 on: October 01, 2021, 11:58:09 AM »
I was thinking about buying 1 bitcoin instead of a new car... any advice?
Would look at it as a potential investment

Tbh I have no clue what is currently the equivalent of a butcoin

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8087 on: October 01, 2021, 06:47:44 PM »
If we do anything like last year and oct, nov, dec rhyme with those months of 2020, hang on to your asses, this thing is gonna go nuclear. We could retest ath. Good luck gentlemen.

Its more like 2017 oct-nov-dec. Anyone involved then knows how crazy that got, end of a 4 year cycle

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8088 on: October 02, 2021, 02:06:23 AM »
100k BTC and 10k ETH by December  :D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8089 on: October 02, 2021, 08:42:07 PM »
100k BTC and 10k ETH by December  :D

I have two prices of 88k and 115k.

I think 88k is much more probable though if it's going to go on a run.

The alternative scenario is an absolute bloodbath and lows for another 6 months. That would be a buying opportunity though so it's not the end of the world.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8090 on: October 03, 2021, 01:16:45 AM »
I have two prices of 88k and 115k.

I think 88k is much more probable though if it's going to go on a run.

The alternative scenario is an absolute bloodbath and lows for another 6 months. That would be a buying opportunity though so it's not the end of the world.

What are your price targets for ETH?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8091 on: October 03, 2021, 04:25:17 AM »
Pandora papers (Panama papers part II) are out in a few hours.

It will be interesting what's in there about bitcoin and crypto.

Rumours that there will be huge dirt on one of the major banks.

The mother of all FUDs could be incoming. I will be shitting in the woods for the next few weeks!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8092 on: October 03, 2021, 09:36:46 PM »
I actually care very little for the market top in the coming months. Id be interested in you fellas predictions of market correction bottoms.  2018 we saw 3k bottom. Will we see a multi year bear cycle?

Im going with 50-60k support and a shortening 'bear cycle'.

Either way I keep accumulating weekly, one trade ill be making is out of ltc and into 80/20 btc  and cash.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8093 on: October 04, 2021, 05:41:30 PM »
Just curious, for crypto I have all my money in Bitcoin so it used to read in the asset allocation on Coinbase, 100% of my crypto assets in Bitcoin. Now the number varies day to day from 99.92% to 99.7% although 100% of my crypto investment money on Coinbase is in Bitcoin. How is this happening? The financial totals and the amount of Bitcoin I own reads the same, but the asset allocation changes these minor decimals now. Is Coinbase, Bitcoin, or some other entity beginning to use crypto investors money for it's own financial transactions, making it a bit of a fiat currency but figuring that as long as the totals are the same the investor won't notice? Or is it just some random fluctuation or new charge from Coinbase? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8094 on: October 05, 2021, 01:26:35 AM »
Just curious, for crypto I have all my money in Bitcoin so it used to read in the asset allocation on Coinbase, 100% of my crypto assets in Bitcoin. Now the number varies day to day from 99.92% to 99.7% although 100% of my crypto investment money on Coinbase is in Bitcoin. How is this happening? The financial totals and the amount of Bitcoin I own reads the same, but the asset allocation changes these minor decimals now. Is Coinbase, Bitcoin, or some other entity beginning to use crypto investors money for it's own financial transactions, making it a bit of a fiat currency but figuring that as long as the totals are the same the investor won't notice? Or is it just some random fluctuation or new charge from Coinbase? Sorry if it's a stupid question

If it’s 100% in BtC then it’s always 100% and doesn’t change. If it changes, we’ll that’s why you don’t use Coinbase. They fucked over heaps of holders in the past.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8095 on: October 05, 2021, 02:00:18 AM »
I actually care very little for the market top in the coming months. Id be interested in you fellas predictions of market correction bottoms.  2018 we saw 3k bottom. Will we see a multi year bear cycle?

Im going with 50-60k support and a shortening 'bear cycle'.

Either way I keep accumulating weekly, one trade ill be making is out of ltc and into 80/20 btc  and cash.

So I’m bullish for a couple of months.

My argument for the bottom being in is this. The 75% historic bottom number from a top comes from a parabolic peak. No parabolic peak = no 75% drop. Someone cannot climb halfway up Mt Everest and yet descend the entire top to bottom. Makes sense yes?

The peak ‘should’ have been 130k parabolic meaning 32.5k bottom @ 75%. Instead we got 65k which is halfway. If we apply the 75% we get 16k but because the peak was at a halfway point we need to double the bottom value which gets us to 32k. The same as if it had gone parabolic :D

Go back a few months and I posted to expect the debt ceiling to freeze and become an issue along with no senate approval for stimulus packages. This is going to play out mid October. You want to know what else is freaky? We are lagging 11-15 days vs 2013 Bitcoin price behaviour which falls in this exact time space.

Ive already said I expect a crash in Mid Oct but we know 100% in the past the US has always raised the debt ceiling. So I think we have a nice wick to 38k and then travel upwards towards the end of the year.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8096 on: October 05, 2021, 02:54:34 PM »
This looks like a pump before a dump. Price is going up on no volume. I had a 35K bottom a while back, but I'll start buying my alt collection if/when btc drops to 40k.

The potential black swan event looks more like FUD to prepare everyone for a slow death. I think all the markets bleed until at least January, apart from crypto. If that's the case and it means more people fomo their money into crypto then we might see some ridiculous prices. 150K BTC is a possibility.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8097 on: October 05, 2021, 03:49:45 PM »
This looks like a pump before a dump. Price is going up on no volume. I had a 35K bottom a while back, but I'll start buying my alt collection if/when btc drops to 40k.

The potential black swan event looks more like FUD to prepare everyone for a slow death. I think all the markets bleed until at least January, apart from crypto. If that's the case and it means more people fomo their money into crypto then we might see some ridiculous prices. 150K BTC is a possibility.

Would be glorious for a some of us.

"1"

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8098 on: October 06, 2021, 11:42:45 AM »
BTC $ 55,178.93

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8099 on: October 06, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »