Author Topic: UPDATE ON DOCTOR WHO ATTACKED UBER DRIVER  (Read 12423 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: UPDATE ON DOCTOR WHO ATTACKED UBER DRIVER
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
Totally gonna shoehorn this into a conversation.  ;D

Nietzsche approved (Genealogy, Second Essay).

To forgive is for life-denying wimps. You're entirely right. What we are seeing is a collective sense of Schadenfreude which is felt from seeing an arrogant person receive her comeuppance. If Ramkissoon had been an ordinary person behaving badly, without anything enviable to lose, no one would care beyond calling her a c.unt. But, because she is seen as an MD in residency, which some might view as requiring a sense of gratitude or indebtedness for her extra-ordinary good fortune, a communal sense of joy emerges from seeing her suffer for her oafish comportment. Ramkissoon bought into the illusion that she was a special snowflake, above the rabble, and thought she was doing the fucking when fortune decided to fuck her by showing that it is a dominatrix capable of giving as much pain as pleasure. Dumb twat.

Translated = Haters gonna hate.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
Nietzsche approved (Genealogy, Second Essay).

To forgive is for life-denying wimps. You're entirely right. What we are seeing is a collective sense of Schadenfreude which is felt from seeing an arrogant person receive her comeuppance. If Ramkissoon had been an ordinary person behaving badly, without anything enviable to lose, no one would care beyond calling her a c.unt. But, because she is seen as an MD in residency, which some might view as requiring a sense of gratitude or indebtedness for her extra-ordinary good fortune, a communal sense of joy emerges from seeing her suffer for her oafish comportment. Ramkissoon bought into the illusion that she was a special snowflake, above the rabble, and thought she was doing the fucking when fortune decided to fuck her by showing that it is a dominatrix capable of giving as much pain as pleasure. Dumb twat.

x2.

I posted this in the original thread:

The first thing people online were mentioning was that she was from an entitled home. When you put the whole picture together: entitled childhood, in-shape, decent looking (this is subjective), soon-to-be doctor, salary, sex, the way she's dressed, etc, people are going to have a qualitatively distinct reaction based on these factors. And their response would most likely be different if you replaced those factors with a different set of factors. Would people still want her to be fired? Maybe. But I doubt they would be leaking her personal information, photoshopping her, finding her FB and instagram. People are definitely "out for blood" because of those above factors.
X

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
x2.

The first thing people online were mentioning was that she was from an entitled home. When you put the whole picture together: entitled childhood, in-shape, decent looking (this is subjective), soon-to-be doctor, salary, sex, the way she's dressed, etc, people are going to have a qualitatively distinct reaction based on these factors. And their response would most likely be different if you replaced those factors with a different set of factors. Would people still want her to be fired? Maybe. But I doubt they would be leaking her personal information, photoshopping her, finding her FB and instagram. People are definitely "out for blood" because of those above factors.

You possess profundity, unlike (ahem) some others around here.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 09:08:18 AM »

Translated = Haters gonna hate.

Ahem, your lack of profundity is painful to observe. It's 'Haterz,' stupid.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 09:09:52 AM »
People feeling she has a societal debt they're entitled to collect is funny. Aside from whatever giddiness petty people derive from the failures of others, this affects very few individuals.

For me, I do not necessarily feel like she has a debt to pay to me or society, i.e., that her being fired is me or society collecting a debt.

However, I am examining her behavior from purely an ethical perspective. Does this behavior represent something larger? Will she be able to keep her "cool" as a doctor? She said she was drinking because she was stressed. Thus, if I was on a medical ethical boards, I'd be asking myself, "How does she handle pressure? Does she rely on alcohol or drugs to self-soothe?" I am sure these were questions that were already pondered by the board. If she was fired, it should be about these issues, and not because people are "out for blood." Though, the social unconscious is a tricky thing.  ;) ;)
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
x2.

lol  ;D ;D

Interestingly enough, the collective behavior we are seeing by the internet clearly shows how the social unconscious (which is different from Freuds Unconscious) influences how we react as a collective whole.
X

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »

I appreciate your verbosity and long, flowing posts but have a short attention span. :)

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
I appreciate your verbosity and long, flowing posts but have a short attention span. :)

I'm just fucking around. I like your posts, and find you to be very fair and even. A good forum should not be an echo chamber.
Best.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »
Unfortunately for her, my colleagues and I are in medical education.  She was appropriately "removed from all clinical duties" and an investigation is now underway.  I'll give you one guess how this will end.  While I no longer sit on our equivalent of the "court" I do sit on our equivalent of the "appellate court" (if a student appeals a dismissal, the appeal comes before me).  Today I spoke with physician, nursing, and PA faculty.  All agreed she is toast.  I am certain my counterparts in the hospital feel the same way.  You appear determined to defend this young woman.  Why, I neither know nor care.  You are in denial if you think she is not going down.  It's call "unprofessional conduct" and it is cause for termination.  The case will certainly have to go through formal reviews and appeals but the conclusion is not in doubt. :-X

I said all along that we would fire her.  It took a while for the investigation and due process but she was toast.  All the faculty and deans here agreed.  :-X

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
I'm just fucking around. I like your posts, and find you to be very fair and even. A good forum should not be an echo chamber.
Best.

I enjoy your posts.

She's privileged and probably depressed but will never feel the way haterz do on the inside. She's well off and probably doesn't have to work, ever.

I once dated an Indian chick that does pain management. She had a trust fund in excess of 10 million dollars. She only works to show some accomplishment without help from mommy and daddy (let's ignore that they paid for school, all her bills, cars, clothes, and two weddings) and got remarried because it's important in their culture. She was a huge pain in the ass and makes the Uber-chick seem like a walk in the park. :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »
Ugly bitch got what she deserved.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2016, 09:48:31 AM »
I said all along that we would fire her.  It took a while for the investigation and due process but she was toast.  All the faculty and deans here agreed.  :-X

BAYGBM, can you provide their rationales (if they provided one)?
X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2016, 10:04:00 AM »
If you're gonna be an asshole, make sure all departments are on board.  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »
BAYGBM, can you provide their rationales (if they provided one)?

There is no mystery here; it is the same rationale I provided before: unprofessional conduct.

If she were a student at my institution or a resident at my hospital, she would certainly be expelled/fired, and she would have a very hard time getting another placement.  It rarely comes up but students and residents agree in writing to rules about their behavior when they are hired or enroll.  It's called "professional conduct" and it is in force even when you are not at work/school.  The result of bad conduct is almost always expulsion/termination.  :-X

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 10:10:58 AM »
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2016, 10:21:51 AM »
There is no mystery here; it's the same rationale I provided before: unprofessional conduct.

BAYGBM, what is your exact location?
X

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »

Forgive my interposition, but with minimum discordance may one respectfully suggest that this phrase is actually articulated thus: "It's 'Haterz,' 'Stoopid'!"

(Taffin stands back, waiting for Khan to stomp him  ;))
T

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »
Forgive my interposition, but with minimum discordance may one respectfully suggest that this phrase is actually articulated thus: "It's 'Haterz,' 'Stoopid'!"

(Taffin stands back, waiting for Khan to stomp him  ;))

Oh, my. You're right, of course. How humiliating. No stomp, my dear Taffin, just a gallant butt slap of appreciation. (NH)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2016, 10:48:20 AM »
BAYGBM, what is your exact location?

for his bedroom?

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2016, 11:30:08 AM »
Oh, my. You're right, of course. How humiliating. No stomp, my dear Taffin, just a gallant butt slap of appreciation. (NH)

(thank you for showing mercy LOL  :D)
T

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:44 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »
Outed!  ;D

it is only gay if you want it to be  :D  ;D

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
She got drunk, had a moment of stupidity, it was captured on camera. No one died! This is a typical Saturday night scene in many a town in the UK.

I don't condone it, but the faculty should really look at themselves before they chastise this bird. Half of them are probably avoiding tax, shagging their wife's sister, etc.

Fire her for being shit at her job, not for having a moment of madness, whilst drunk, in her free time.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:12 PM »
All the British lads gets pissed when you post Dr Who spoilers brah

Just givin you a heads so you know how the gears grind round these parts

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »
People are far to tolerant these days. Who would let this paki pig assault them and destroy their property? She needs to be added to the punchable face thread.