Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers?  (Read 7505 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
Lamar had elite level talent.  It's a shame he had so much shit happening off the court.  He squandered a little bit of his talent.  He had a good career, but it could have been great.

I think the Lakers fucked themselves by chasing Andrew Bynum's potential.  He had shit knees, and he was ahead case.  As Bynum emerged, Pau's role had to diminish a bit.  He was put in more of a facilitator role and that continued until he left the team in 2014.  He's an excellent facilitator but it doesn't allow him to operate where he is most effective....in the post.  Pau was one of the best big men in the league but they didn't appreciate him.  The farther they started moving Pau away from the basket the worse the team got.  They should have shit-canned Bynum and paid Trevor Ariza.  That's my opinion anyway.

I think that would have been a good call, Ariza is still in the league. I wonder how much more they could have squeezed out of the last of Kobe's prime if they flipped Bynum sooner or if Howard's back hadn't gone out.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
As a Raptors (season ticket holder) and Spurs (my entire life) fan I have a love/hate relationship with him. He's essentially won rings for my two fav teams yet he's left us hanging.

Regardless you his raw talent is off the charts. The Spurs developed him so well.  People forget about defense and how good this guy is on d, let alone dropping 30 a game. In that Milwaukee series when Nick Nurse switched up and put Kawhi on Giannis it changed the entire series. He's so fucking good, I'm fully devastated he left.

I think he is the best player in the league.  That being said, I was disappointed in how he dealt with San Antonio.  Given SA's track record, it was hard to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I did.  Now, with him leaving Toronto?  How do you win the title, have a team capable of defending it and bail?  I have always loved the Spurs (Even as a Pistons fan).  Given that I'm from metro Detroit, I root for Toronto as well.  I'm disappointed in him for leaving.  Will root for the Clippers to NEVER win a title.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »
Westbrook and Harden do not seem like a good fit, but who knows. I like Harden and used to think highly of Westbrook until he just keeps being unable to reign himself in. Plays super hard, though.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 08:12:02 PM »
Two ball hogs together. That won’t end well.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 09:04:49 AM »
Two ball hogs together. That won’t end well.

Actually, Harden is not a ball hog. He led the NBA in assists 2 years ago and averaged over 8 last season. He does pass and he passes well, especially when driving to the basket. Westbrook, on the other hand, is definitely a ball hog and his shot selection can be sub par at times. He actually will go out of his way to steal rebounds from his big men near the paint. That won't jive with Clint Capela down there. His triple double seasons are over now.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »
it looks incompatible on paper

there is a risk of a game of hot potato between the 2 when the game is close

It's an upgrade over cp3 though. despised amongst players and on the downside

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2019, 10:59:03 AM »
Maybe it would be better to call Harden (and Westbrook) ball dominant instead of ball hogs.  The bottom line is that both of these players are used to having the ball in their hands for pretty much the entire game.  Yes they will rack up assists when the defense collapses on them but other than a kick out and a quick shot by a teammate...........they do not share the ball.

Now Houston has two of these guys.  I don't see it working because neither of them have proven that they can or will play off the ball.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2019, 11:18:22 AM »
Maybe it would be better to call Harden (and Westbrook) ball dominant instead of ball hogs.  The bottom line is that both of these players are used to having the ball in their hands for pretty much the entire game.  Yes they will rack up assists when the defense collapses on them but other than a kick out and a quick shot by a teammate...........they do not share the ball.

Now Houston has two of these guys.  I don't see it working because neither of them have proven that they can or will play off the ball.

That's a good analysis. It will be interesting to see which of the two players compromises their offensive game to the other. No way either of them puts up the same stat line as they had last year.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »

That's a good analysis. It will be interesting to see which of the two players compromises their offensive game to the other. No way either of them puts up the same stat line as they had last year.

Same thing was/would be said about Harden and Paul.
This is definitely an upgrade for Houston.
Paul got old really quickly in the last 2 years... and just got replaced with a younger/bigger/faster, much more athletic version of himself.
Houston will be very good.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2019, 01:05:56 PM »
In Hardens defense, he has had basically nobody around him offensively if people are being objective. Gordon is the only one and he is sometimes just a crazy/wild player.