Author Topic: Glutamine...bad observation  (Read 1642 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Glutamine...bad observation
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »
Dont get me wrong i love glutamine ( not the taste), i feel it helps me recover much faster, but i had a very bad observation...

i bought glutamine from a reputable company, and i left a silver table spoon in the jar so i can have a table spoon after my workouts and what not... anyways, after 15-20 days, the spoon got all rsty in the glutamine jar.... the jar was in a dry and relatively cool place...

after that i always wonder that if glutaminee made a silver spoon rusty in 2 weeks, what will it do to me that i've been using it for 2 yrs now?!?!

anyone have any idea or read any research on glutamine long term effects?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Glutamine...bad observation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »
were you stirring the glutamine with that spoon?
bodybuildersreality.com

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »
No, i see where your coming from, you think maybe the water on the spoon caused it to rust,...

i just take a spoon full of glutamine and put it in my mouth, the spoon barely touches my mouth, i basically dump it in my mouth and then drink water to help it go down...

the spoon just sits there in the jar dry...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »
No, i see where your coming from, you think maybe the water on the spoon caused it to rust,...

i just take a spoon full of glutamine and put it in my mouth, the spoon barely touches my mouth, i basically dump it in my mouth and then drink water to help it go down...

the spoon just sits there in the jar dry...
That is very strange.
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:01:40 PM »
Not to defend glutamine because i dont use it anyway but it probly was from moisture.
big or bust

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 01:47:09 AM »
It's a silver spoon? It's probably the same effect as when you slice a cooked potatoe with a silver knive, it oxidates real fast, probably due to the enzymes in the potatoe.

Try using a regular stainless steel spoon, nothing will happen.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:27 AM »
There's a great invention called plastic, maybe some of you have heard of it.  You can even buy measuring spoons made out of it!

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 07:29:29 AM »
Dude are you for real!?!?  i dont know if your being serious or trying to be class clown, but i wasnt bitching about my spoon and how i cant use my stainless steel spoon anymore and how i had to throw it away... go read the question... IF GLUTAMINE DOES THAT TO A metal SPOON IN 2 WEEKS, WHAT WILL IT DO TO YOUR ORGANS O VER YEARS!!! Capiche? comprende?

anyone have any studies on long term effects of glutamine?

There's a great invention called plastic, maybe some of you have heard of it.  You can even buy measuring spoons made out of it!

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44:51 AM »
I have to think that there was some level of moisture on the spoon because I can't see why anything in the Glutamine would cause that.  And even if it did, it would be caused by a reaction with the metal of the spoon, not the Glutamine itself.  I've read a lot on Glutamine and have personally used it on a regular basis for going on 10 years now, and I'm in tip-top shape.  If anything, it's made me more healthy. 

So I wouldn't worry about it eating your internal organs!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »
Dude are you for real!?!?  i dont know if your being serious or trying to be class clown, but i wasnt bitching about my spoon and how i cant use my stainless steel spoon anymore and how i had to throw it away... go read the question... IF GLUTAMINE DOES THAT TO A metal SPOON IN 2 WEEKS, WHAT WILL IT DO TO YOUR ORGANS O VER YEARS!!! Capiche? comprende?

anyone have any studies on long term effects of glutamine?

If I was curt with you, I apologize, but frankly, I don't see how oxidation of metal is relevant to the digestion of a substance.  For example, leave a rusty nail in a glass of diet coke and see what happens.  But, generally speaking, you can ingest diest cokes frequently in moderation for the rest of your life without serious consequence.