Author Topic: Bulk Diet  (Read 2773 times)

$tr8 Ballin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Bulk Diet
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:03:33 PM »
I'm 6'1, 200 and 18 years old.  I am trying to gain weight and bulk up.  I have been eating like crazy and lifting mon thru friday.  I was wondering if i could get some tips on my diet and everything.  My goal is to gain 20 pounds.  Here is my kind of my daily routine:

8:00 am - Muscle Milk shake with a scoop of creatine

10:30 am - protein bar and apple

Noon - 2 tangerines, yougurt, and a snack (usually Aussie Bites if anyone knows what those are)

1:00 pm - 2 sandwhiches (salami, turkey, or ham or all three), and banana

2:30 - 5:00 - practice

5:00 - 7:00 - Lift

7:15 - Surge (post work out drink by biotest) with  a scoop of creatine

8:00 - dinner (always meat, salad, and some type of carb)

10:00 pm - muscle milk shake

I drink a gallon of water everyday

THanks for any tips or suggestions

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Bulk Diet
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:17:30 AM »
I would try and get a shake or something in right after practice/right before lifting.  Also I would add some carbs to you first meal of the day.  1 Cup of oatmeal, some whole wheat pancakes...

My other suggestion is to add some good fats to your diet, not sure if you just forgot to include them or you are taking EFA's or flax...while they probably won't help you gain that much weight, they are good for some extra calories and hopefully will keep the gains you do make more on the muscle side then on the extra fat side.  You could add a handful of almonds to your last meal and some natty pb somewhere in the mix.
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »
Dude, your 18.  Just fricken eat and lift hard.

Might wanna watch that Muscle Milk shake at 10pm though.....

Like the Beast said I would also take in a better source of protein and carbs for your first meal of the day....you know what they say.....

Definitly without a doubt get some food between practice and lifting, five hours with no food is not good, especially when your working......this alone will make a huge impact..

Get in some carbs in at your post workout meal (I know guys who eat 3 slices of white bread immediately after their workouts)....then scratch em at your 8pm meal if possible....

I would do a chicken breast or two for your 10pm rather then muscle milk. 

$tr8 Ballin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
ok sounds good....thanks.  For the post practice/pre work out meal would a protein bar be good or would a shake be better?

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »
i would eat more "real" substantive meals.  sounds stupid, but shakes and protein bars leave me hungry like hell.  LOTS of meat or fish, rice, potatoes, or a bowl of pasta, man, this is what i call a meal!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »
mcdonalds mcgriddle for breakfast, bigmac for lunch, double quarter pounder for dinner, always supersize and remember say no to diet coke.......goodluck to ya  8)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 07:15:34 AM »
Add a midnight and 4 am feeding, with each feeding consisting of 1 cup of LF cottage cheese, 2tbs of wheat germ mixed in and 3 flax seed oil capsules.
Total both feedings: 460 cals., 18g fat, 60g protein, 28g carbs.  The goal here is to avoid a catabolic state during the long night time fast with slow dissolving protein which will "feed" your muscles until morning.  You can either set your clock or just have it by your bedside so when you wake up to go to the bathroom its there.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 10:57:08 AM »
i would eat more "real" substantive meals.  sounds stupid, but shakes and protein bars leave me hungry like hell.  LOTS of meat or fish, rice, potatoes, or a bowl of pasta, man, this is what i call a meal!

I would agree with TP, anytime you can have real food the better.  But if time is an issue I would do a shake, maybe with a few slices of bread. 

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »
Remember too 1-2 grams of protein for each pound you weigh.  Carbs are very necessary to get your body moving in the morning so some sort of grain or whole wheat product would be good.

I automatically wake up sometime during the night.  So I have a protein shake.