Author Topic: Biden chief of staff Ron Klain to resign amid classified documents scandal  (Read 874 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Joe Biden's White House chief of staff, Ron Klain, will reportedly step down from his role in the administration, with the hunt underway to find a replacement.

According to the New York Times, "Mr. Klain has been telling colleagues privately since the November midterm elections that after a grueling, nonstop stretch at Mr. Biden's side going back to the 2020 campaign, he is ready to move on, according to senior administration officials, and a search for a replacement has been underway."

Last week, additional classified documents were found at Joe Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home after it was revealed earlier in January that the president kept classified documents from his time as Vice President in his think tank's office at UPenn.

The UPenn documents were found in November but it was not revealed until January that they were found. A second set of classified documents were found in Joe Biden's Wilmington, Delaware garage next to his Corvette on January 12. More classified documents were found in his Delaware home on January 14.

The information of Klain stepping down came to the Times via colleagues of Klain, who have been hearing from the Biden official that he intends to leave his position. It is unclear when he will make his official announcement.

Klain has worked for Biden for the first two years of his presidency. The anonymous colleagues of Klain's who spoke to the Times said the announcement would likely come after February 7th's State of the Union address.

But with Mr. Biden expected to announce by spring that he is running for re-election, advisers predict more moves as some aides shift from the White House to the campaign," reports the Times.

Former Delaware Gov. Jack A. Markell, Labor Secretary Martin J. Walsh, Senior Adviser Anita Dunn, Steven J. Ricchetti, the counselor to the president, the Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, the administration’s former coronavirus response coordinator, Jeffrey D. Zients, and Susan Rice could all serve as possible replacements.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-biden-chief-of-staff-ron-klain-to-step-down-report?utm_campaign=64483

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Joe Biden's White House chief of staff, Ron Klain, will reportedly step down from his role in the administration, with the hunt underway to find a replacement.

According to the New York Times, "Mr. Klain has been telling colleagues privately since the November midterm elections that after a grueling, nonstop stretch at Mr. Biden's side going back to the 2020 campaign, he is ready to move on, according to senior administration officials, and a search for a replacement has been underway."

Last week, additional classified documents were found at Joe Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home after it was revealed earlier in January that the president kept classified documents from his time as Vice President in his think tank's office at UPenn.

The UPenn documents were found in November but it was not revealed until January that they were found. A second set of classified documents were found in Joe Biden's Wilmington, Delaware garage next to his Corvette on January 12. More classified documents were found in his Delaware home on January 14.

The information of Klain stepping down came to the Times via colleagues of Klain, who have been hearing from the Biden official that he intends to leave his position. It is unclear when he will make his official announcement.

Klain has worked for Biden for the first two years of his presidency. The anonymous colleagues of Klain's who spoke to the Times said the announcement would likely come after February 7th's State of the Union address.

But with Mr. Biden expected to announce by spring that he is running for re-election, advisers predict more moves as some aides shift from the White House to the campaign," reports the Times.

Former Delaware Gov. Jack A. Markell, Labor Secretary Martin J. Walsh, Senior Adviser Anita Dunn, Steven J. Ricchetti, the counselor to the president, the Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, the administration’s former coronavirus response coordinator, Jeffrey D. Zients, and Susan Rice could all serve as possible replacements.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-biden-chief-of-staff-ron-klain-to-step-down-report?utm_campaign=64483

Hope you noticed that there is nothing in this article tying Klain's expected resignation to the discovery of classified documents in Biden's former office and home. The author at PM inserted a paragraph or so about the documents without ever attempting to establish a connection between the two situations.

Is this just another example of you reading a  headline and running with it without reading the whole article? You doing this makes more sense to me now that you told me you spend around 5 minutes a day posting on Getbig. This little bit of time really does not allow for much research if any.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Prime you must be exhausted making these excuses.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Prime you must be exhausted making these excuses.

Is my post you referenced an excuse? I see it as such. It confirms an issue with Coach's posts which many of us have noticed. That issue being a preponderance of posts which are based solely on headlines from the media he uses as a resource. Put more bluntly, his half-assed posts, intentional or not.

FYI, It is not exhausting. It is stimulating.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Is my post you referenced an excuse? I see it as such. It confirms an issue with Coach's posts which many of us have noticed. That issue being a preponderance of posts which are based solely on headlines from the media he uses as a resource. Put more bluntly, his half-assed posts, intentional or not.

FYI, It is not exhausting. It is stimulating.

What difference does it make?  You don't really read anything outside of your bubble anyway.  Classic confirmation bias.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
What difference does it make?  You don't really read anything outside of your bubble anyway.  Classic confirmation bias.

Look who is calling the kettle black. You have just described yourself to a tee. If there are any examples of you even considering possibilities and conclusions other than your foregone ones, feel free to example them.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
I've heard Ron Klain applied to be a member of Team Horse Cock and his application was rejected. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Look who is calling the kettle black. You have just described yourself to a tee. If there are any examples of you even considering possibilities and conclusions other than your foregone ones, feel free to example them.

So that's why I'm routinely on the Huffington Post site?  But back to you.  You openly say you refuse to read links Coach posts.  You've done that with me on numerous occasions.  In fact, whenever a story is posted that conflicts with your leftist world view, you start attacking the source rather the subject of the source.

But hey to each his own.  Nothing wrong with you wanting to live in a bubble.  You do whatever makes you happy. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
White House chief of staff Ron Klain, the powerful force at the center of Joe Biden's first two years in office, is expected to step down in the weeks after the president's State of the Union address, according to multiple people familiar with his plans.

Klain's exact timeline is still not set, the sources said, and he is expected to stay in the West Wing for a period of time to help with the transition period for his replacement, one of the people said. The State of the Union address is set for February 7.

Klain's departure would come at a difficult time for Biden, with a special counsel investigating his handling of classified information after his time as vice president and with the administration and the president's family facing renewed scrutiny by the GOP-controlled US House of Representatives. An official familiar with Klain's plans said his decision to step down is not related to the investigation underway about classified documents found at Biden's private office and Delaware residence, with the decision being made before the special counsel was announced.

Biden has not settled on a choice for his next White House chief of staff and is discussing casting an even wider net for potential replacements, another official said. The president is known for being deliberative in making major decisions, particularly one as significant as a chief of staff, this official added.

Klain's expected departure has been widely discussed within and around the White House in recent weeks, though those discussions -- and the speculation about who would replace Klain -- has intensified in recent days. Those deliberations happened to coincide with the public disclosure of the misplaced classified documents, and multiple people familiar with the situation have said there has been sensitivity around avoiding the incorrect suggestion that Klain's eventual departure might somehow be tied to that development.

Just sayin....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
So that's why I'm routinely on the Huffington Post site?  But back to you.  You openly say you refuse to read links Coach posts.  You've done that with me on numerous occasions.  In fact, whenever a story is posted that conflicts with your leftist world view, you start attacking the source rather the subject of the source.

But hey to each his own.  Nothing wrong with you wanting to live in a bubble.  You do whatever makes you happy.

I admit it, I am biased about some things and not so much about others. For example, I have made a point of posting my belief that no-one (none of the three culprits thus far) should have classified government documents stored or kept in their private homes and offices. If I were biased on this issue, I would likely think it was okay for Biden to have classified documents, but not Trump or Pence. 

If I truly wanted to "live in a bubble" I would not read posts (including yours) in the Politics and Political issues board on Getbig. Even more so, I would not waste my time discussing posts that do not conform to my supposed "bias".

I recently decided to discontinue discussions regarding COVID vaccines and other COVID related issues, mainly because I believe how someone feels and what they do or don’t do COVID related is their choice.

Coach frequently posts headlines from the Epoch Times. I am interested in reading the articles not sensationalized headlines. Unfortunately, to do this I'd have to subscribe which I won't do. I don't see this as a refusal to read his links.  I read links he posts that are available without subscription and commented on information in the article not just the headline like he so often does.

I don't recall which media source this was in one of Coach's posts, but I had to provide my email address to read the article. This resulted in a literal flood of propaganda from this source in my email inbox, which was difficult to block as they would  send me garbage using a different - new address. It also resulted in several daily donation request from Trump's campaign organizers. 

The last time I checked Huffington Post did not require a subscription. I also do not read the liberal leaning Washington Post because one needs a subscription to do this.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties go overboard with annoying requests for donations. I unbiasedly block both. Political issues are interesting, but they are not an essential part of my life. I have multiple interests which are not topics of discussion on Getbig. Gardening is my primary hobby. Not much discussion going on here about this. Interior design and architecture are some other of my main interests. -Haven't notice much discussion here on either of these topics.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Biden chief of staff Ron Klain to resign amid classified documents scandal
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 07:45:20 PM »
I admit it, I am biased about some things and not so much about others. For example, I have made a point of posting my belief that no-one (none of the three culprits thus far) should have classified government documents stored or kept in their private homes and offices. If I were biased on this issue, I would likely think it was okay for Biden to have classified documents, but not Trump or Pence. 

If I truly wanted to "live in a bubble" I would not read posts (including yours) in the Politics and Political issues board on Getbig. Even more so, I would not waste my time discussing posts that do not conform to my supposed "bias".

I recently decided to discontinue discussions regarding COVID vaccines and other COVID related issues, mainly because I believe how someone feels and what they do or don’t do COVID related is their choice.

Coach frequently posts headlines from the Epoch Times. I am interested in reading the articles not sensationalized headlines. Unfortunately, to do this I'd have to subscribe which I won't do. I don't see this as a refusal to read his links.  I read links he posts that are available without subscription and commented on information in the article not just the headline like he so often does.

I don't recall which media source this was in one of Coach's posts, but I had to provide my email address to read the article. This resulted in a literal flood of propaganda from this source in my email inbox, which was difficult to block as they would  send me garbage using a different - new address. It also resulted in several daily donation request from Trump's campaign organizers. 

The last time I checked Huffington Post did not require a subscription. I also do not read the liberal leaning Washington Post because one needs a subscription to do this.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties go overboard with annoying requests for donations. I unbiasedly block both. Political issues are interesting, but they are not an essential part of my life. I have multiple interests which are not topics of discussion on Getbig. Gardening is my primary hobby. Not much discussion going on here about this. Interior design and architecture are some other of my main interests. -Haven't notice much discussion here on either of these topics.     

I refuse to subscribe or pay or any news sources either.  Way too easy to find info for free.  The internet is a sewer, but like I just told someone today, it's the greatest invention of my lifetime.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 12:04:54 AM »
I refuse to subscribe or pay or any news sources either.  Way too easy to find info for free.  The internet is a sewer, but like I just told someone today, it's the greatest invention of my lifetime.

The internet has the potential to almost immediately inform multitudes of folks about current events who otherwise would not be. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to lead people astray from what is real and honest and what is bogus by affirming whatever their foregone conclusions are. It might be both the greatest and the most dangerous invention of our lifetime because no matter how crazy someone's ideas are they can find others who support them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 01:46:17 PM »
The internet has the potential to almost immediately inform multitudes of folks about current events who otherwise would not be. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to lead people astray from what is real and honest and what is bogus by affirming whatever their foregone conclusions are. It might be both the greatest and the most dangerous invention of our lifetime because no matter how crazy someone's ideas are they can find others who support them.

I don't consider the internet dangerous from that standpoint.  This notion that a rational, sane person reads some random comments on the internet and then goes on a homicidal rampage is pretty silly. 

Other than that, I agree with you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 03:11:39 PM »
I don't consider the internet dangerous from that standpoint.  This notion that a rational, sane person reads some random comments on the internet and then goes on a homicidal rampage is pretty silly. 

Other than that, I agree with you.

Thanks for agreeing with me, in part. I also agree with you in that most rational and sane people are unlikely to go on rampages, homicidal or otherwise. However, occasionally sane and rationale people do get crazy ideas, which when affirmed by several other folks, wrongly manifest as seeming rationale and sane. This is an example of groupthink which may lead to a lack critical reasoning or a reasonable evaluation of the consequences of or alternatives for their choices and actions.