Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!

(1/22) > >>

AVBG:
We're starting a new Q&A thread for Baby_Hercules.

AVBG:
To begin..

Q. Give us all you training background?

Q. What is your training split?

Baby_Hercules:

--- Quote from: AVBG on June 21, 2007, 03:24:27 PM ---To begin..

Q. Give us all you training background?

Q. What is your training split?

--- End quote ---
Its an honor to have my own thread for people to ask me for advice. I only hope that I am able to answer most  of your questions. For the most part I can tell you things that have worked for me or some of my clients in the past.

I began weight training in high school for wrestling. I found myself getting pretty strong rather quickly. Lifting was what we did for fun in my neighborhood growing up. I majored in physical education in college. I attended Alabama State University. College is where I got my first experiences with personal training and competitive bodybuilding. A friend of mine saw a flyer for a natural competition in the gym and said that I should do it. This was during my sophomore year in college. I got with a guy named Ray Adkison who showed me how to diet and train for a show. The name of the show was the ANPPC All-Natural Gulf Coast Night of Champions. It was held in Mobile,AL. I won the overall in the novice division and my class in the open division. Needless to say I was hooked after that. I have been competing since 1995 and have been competing on the national level since 1999. I have placed in the top 5 in three national level NPC events as a natural competitor.
  I have been personal training since about 1994. I started as a trade-out trainer for Gold's Gym in Montgomery. I would take beginning members through their introductory workouts when they signed up for a membership at the gym in exchange for a free membership. When I graduated from college in 1998 I took all that I learned in school plus all that I had learned from bodybuilding and began working as a paid personal trainer for World Gym in Montgomery,AL. I have been a health/physical education teacher/coach since 1998. I am now going into my 10th year as a teacher. I am currently teach all the weight training classes and coach wrestling, cross country, and track & field at Jonesboro High in Jonesboro, GA. (Atlanta Suburb)

As for my training split, this is what I've found to be most effective for me:
3 days on 1 day off
Example:
Mon:Quads & Calves
Tues:Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
Wed:Hams & Calves
Thurs:Rest
Fri:Back, rear delts, Biceps
Sat:Light leg day(quads & calves)
Sun:Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Mon:Rest and repeat

Rimbaud:
How tall are you? & what is your weight?

BTW - excellent physique.

Baby_Hercules:

--- Quote from: Rimbaud on June 21, 2007, 04:30:04 PM ---How tall are you? & what is your weight?

BTW - excellent physique.

--- End quote ---
Thanks.
I am 5'4" and I compete around 150 pounds. In the offseason I weigh around 170.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version