Author Topic: Sami The Black-smith, could he win the big one??  (Read 9198 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Sami The Black-smith, could he win the big one??
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 04:34:59 PM »
No a red herring, it's just that neither of us have anything definitive on the topic.

ALL EVENTS ARE $30,000.00 US IN PRIZE MONEY EXCEPT FOR NOC WHICH IS $50,000.00. ALL EVENTS SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING
NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS-NEW YORK CITY USA
SEPT 28-29TH

BARBADOS CLASSIC-BRIDGETOWN
OCT 5-6TH

BATTLE OF THE GIANTS-OSLO NORWAY
OCT 13TH

BRITISH NIGHT OF CHANPIONS-LONDON ENGLAND
OCTOBER 14TH

GRAND PRIX FRANCE -SALON DE PROVENCE
OCT 27TH

GRAND PRIX DENMARK- COPENHAGEN
OCT- 28TH

If all of these shows materialize, sami could be one rich guy at the end of october.

Is the PDI for most?  No.  Is the PDI a helluva way for Sami to make 50,60, or 70k (or more) this october before turning to IFBB?  Yeah. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2007, 04:36:48 PM »
1. minimal coverage in mags.  but their local show attendance comes from local advertising.  WD papered downtown NYC and got 1450 people in the chairs at the 06 NOC for the mens finals.  If I recall correctly, all the  press in the world couldn't fill 6 rows for the mens finals at a recent show... I can't recall the name...   

2. negatively, maybe.  however he's not an IFBB guy who crossed over.  who knows. 

3. depends on sami's goals.  If he plans to compete for 5-7 more years, then by all means, hit the IFBB and get busy.  If he plans on competing `-1 more years, then maybe PDI is the answer.  If short-term needs say 50-80k in October is what he desires, then PDI.  If a sustainable career in IFBB is his career, then hit IFBB and get busy.  All depends on the man's goals.   In theory, he should be able to cash in on the priest absense and make a fortune in Oct 07 with PDI, then go pro with IFBB and take top 3 at the arnold classic in 2008.   IMO that's the way to go.  I don't see it as betraying ifbb or burning bridges, as he was never given a pro card.

Thanks for the candid answer. Nice to get input from someone qualified.

Gotta admit, I thought you were gonna duck it.  :-[  ;)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
Thanks for the candid answer. Nice to get input from someone qualified.
Gotta admit, I thought you were gonna duck it.  :-[  ;)
-Hedge

I'm a neutral observer like everyone else.

The goal of everyone (athletes, suppcos, and industry folks) *should be* growing the sport and increasing its mainstream acceptance.  If the PDI putting on 5 shows in places the IFBB won't go, means 5000 new people each year learn about bodybuilding and start buying supps and FLEX each month, hell, how is that a bad thing?

IMO the egos and grudges are preventing growth.   The mags and top supp companies are gonna see an increase in sales from PDI shows in Barbados, Frances, Denmark, Norway, and UK.   Wayne can put on a show, and draw 500 or 1000 people to the sport.  Then he leaves town.  You have 500 to 1000 new folks who are inspired to look like that.  So 300 of them are going to go to GNC and buy a years' worth of muscletech, and a years subscription to FLEX.  That's a GOOD thing!  You have lifetime customers in nations you won't touch.  Because Wayne puts on 11 of 12 guys who won't win a cent in the IFBB anyway. 

Growth should be the goal of everyone in the sport.  Not "crushing so-and-so for what he did to me in 1991".  Everytime there's a PDI show, the IFBB makes money in long term residuals. 

I don't know why more people don't look at it this way.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:47 PM »
first of all THANKS to Hank Wood and i am glad i have people backing me up like that ;)
PORKY dont tell any one all what we chat about ;D its GETBIG here ;)
Tony b. THANKS
Sandra. see u this year in NY...
Steelepages: So kind of u

THIS year i changed alot....for sure i am not playing the size game but i will come Complete from all angles...
yes i couldnt BEAT LEE last year but i believe that no one can reach step 10 from day one... i did NY and was 3rd then UK i was 2nd plus i was draw with LEE in 2 round in the judging sheet... i can make sure of one thing,,, i will WIN one of PDI shows this year if NOT most of them!! with all do respect for all PDI athletes , with OR with out LEE in there :o  i know my limitation and i know what i can do if i come with 100% condition

i learned from this sport that there are lots of haters when u show up on the Pro ranks and they turn to LOVE u when u when u beat their MAN ;D  like what happen to Ronnie C. befor he was like GOD on getbig, since he lost they made him look like the OLD man who should be out of this sport long time ago..its a shame! when he WIN again they will be kissing his ass again :-*

regarding the PDI and IFBB... i have been approached by the local IFBB to be back but sound its not working coz i cant keep both PDI and IFBB plus they r putting very hard condition that cant secure my future! so why would i go back if i have to risk!!!

BOB C. is a Great man and was there for me when i asked for his help.... THANKS bob...

So far PDI where i belong even thu they have very small connection with me and as LEE said in his Radio interview that we dont get contact regularly so we can be updated but ITS FINE with me so far.....

i will be starting my prep. for the Europe tour LATE coz i am already in good shape and didnt go to high with my weight like some other bodybuilders, all what i need is to drop 5-7 pounds...to make sure to beat LEE i will drop 10 pounds  ;D

some of Last year Pics.....

Sami, you have the backing of so many in the industry.  The sport needs new blood.  You are the future of our sport!  The last decade has been horrific for bodybuilding.  It is people like you and Heath, who will usher in the change!

Sami, do what you have to do in the PDI!  Make some more money and secure some contracts.

When it is time for you, come to the IFBB. 

The O and The Arnold belong to people like you and Heath!  You have the genetics, you have the flow and density to take this sport anywhere you want!

Keep training hard.  The future is so exciting knowing that guys like you will be winning future IFBB shows!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 10:08:27 PM »
You're discussing numbers, and doing estimations, I think that's perfectly fine.

Also, you got a degree in business, so you're pretty familiar with this stuff:

Three questions:

1. How much publicity does PDI get in the magazines and other media outlets in comparison to IFBB?

2. How do you think it would affect Sami's chances on getting potential sponsors, with above question in mind?

3. In your expert opinion, all things considered, price money, media exposure, future earnings et al...

Where should Sami compete?

-Hedge

The Pdi rep "Rhino" is workong on this. If he put his bodybuilding effort into being the pdi rep, the pdi will dominate the ifbb. The are going to shake the world by surprise. Those guys in the ifbb should be getting nervous.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
Sami, do not get bullied by people in the industry.  Continue to make the decisions that suit you, and your career!

The PDI is working for you now!  And that is ok!

At the end of the day, every serious bodybuilder dreams of an Olympia title.  After all, it is the pinnacle of achievment in this sport  ( Coming in a near second is the Arnold).

Never lose sight of the Olympia competition Sami.

Stay true, stay focused.  And please, please, please neve become a Mass Monster!

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »
Here is a better one:

Everytime I try to find some ray of light in this God for saken industry, I come across this. I've pretty much turned my back on this industry all the while hoping for somekind of turn around, someone to help bring some dignity, Sammy seemed like one of the people to do that, seems like a nice person, always seemed to carry himself like a professional, ect.

Now I've pretty much had it, there's no hope for this industry because it doesn't want to help itself, it allows pretty much anything without repercussion...........n ow I have totally turned my back on it after this, so I really can't help but to pray for this industries demise.

How pathetic the entire bodybuilding industry has become, all the way from the athletes rep, to the judges, to the promoters, to the bodybuilders themselves male and female and ESPECIALLY the behind the scenes BS that goes on. The bodybuilding scene as a whole sickens me.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
Everytime I try to find some ray of light in this God for saken industry, I come across this. I've pretty much turned my back on this industry all the while hoping for somekind of turn around, someone to help bring some dignity, Sammy seemed like one of the people to do that, seems like a nice person, always seemed to carry himself like a professional, ect.

Now I've pretty much had it, there's no hope for this industry because it doesn't want to help itself, it allows pretty much anything without repercussion...........n ow I have totally turned my back on it after this, so I really can't help but to pray for this industries demise.

How pathetic the entire bodybuilding industry has become, all the way from the athletes rep, to the judges, to the promoters, to the bodybuilders themselves male and female and ESPECIALLY the behind the scenes BS that goes on. The bodybuilding scene as a whole sickens me.

I hear you Coach, loud and clear! Your post is very powerfully written.  I enjoyed reading it.

Hey Coach, in many ways, i share your despair for the industry. This photo (of Sami and friend), i agree is appalling.  It will haunt Sami for many years to come!  However, i am not prepared to 'wipe him' for a mistake like this!

I hope and pray that this most reviled and sickening industry, that is Pro Bodybuilding will recover.  I believe people like Sami and Heath, have an opportunity to start 'turning things around'.  Albeit, but slowly. 

I again call for the demise of the Mass Monsters, corrupt officials, one-sided judging and a thourough investigation into the drug-taking and dealing!

I would hate to see this once great sport, die a horrible and sickly death!

Let's hope that the Sami's and Heath's are the 'new faces' of a disgraced organisation!