Author Topic: A million dollar security system, but you leave the back door open  (Read 1556 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hi US Border Policy!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: A million dollar security system, but you leave the back door open
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »
Release non-violent drug offenders and fill their prison cells with employers who hire illegals.

Immigration "crisis" solved.

I wonder why Congress won't do it.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
Yeah.. it's very difficult to figure out how Corporations play into all of this isn't it?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »
And to think that even when we were "under attack" the U.S. border stays wide open...The only conclusion one could draw is that we were never attacked

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 04:57:22 PM »
And to think that even when we were "under attack" the U.S. border stays wide open...The only conclusion one could draw is that we were never attacked

That is true... imagine how locked down we were during WWII... Japanese, German, and Italian immigrants were sent to camps "just to be safe".

Now, I'm not saying that's what we need to do, but damn... If we're under attack, shouldn't we at least lock down borders and ports? Like the only way to get into this country is to fly in... Whatever dudes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »
Building US bases along oil pipeline routes on the other side of the world is good for safety...

...but putting up a fence along US borders to protect our cities is a bad idea?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »
putting up a fence along US borders to protect our cities is a bad idea?

As a fellow paranoid, I wouldn't think it necessary to remind you that the fence which keeps others locked out will keep us locked in.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »
As a fellow paranoid, I wouldn't think it necessary to remind you that the fence which keeps others locked out will keep us locked in.

I'll keep that in mind for when you want to flee to Mexico.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »
LOL... good point ribo. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 07:18:39 PM »

I am totally not for a fence... However, would it be so bad to have our borders patrolled a bit more?

Here's another question... Do other countries (like in Europe) even patrol their borders? Does it even matter? How about we stop having a shitty foreign policy and maybe people won't fucking hate us for being arrogant pricks.

Hmmm?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »
I am totally not for a fence... However, would it be so bad to have our borders patrolled a bit more?

Here's another question... Do other countries (like in Europe) even patrol their borders? Does it even matter? How about we stop having a shitty foreign policy and maybe people won't fucking hate us for being arrogant pricks.

Hmmm?

That sounds like a good solution, but I doubt it's a feasible one. The reason for this is because the American public is largely unaware of American Foreign policy. This allows politicians of whatever stripe to operate with impunity. If the US population was aware of what has been taking place around the world 'in their name' they would be shocked beyond belief. Administration after administration keeps the public feted with a gluttinous diet of diversions and distractions, and most Americans quite frankly don't give a poop to know what's going on themselves. Only when the blow back gets too heated and a growing surge of enquiring minds want to know why things are happening to them, does the average citizen even consider looking to find out what shenanigans their government has been up to. That's when the propaganda machines start working overtime to bring the public onboard to the agenda... by hook or by crook.  The lessons will soon be forgotten, only to be repeated again years down the road once vigilance has lapsed again.  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, ...but far too many have been asleep at the wheel.  :'(
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 07:14:42 AM »
That sounds like a good solution, but I doubt it's a feasible one. The reason for this is because the American public is largely unaware of American Foreign policy. This allows politicians of whatever stripe to operate with impunity. If the US population was aware of what has been taking place around the world 'in their name' they would be shocked beyond belief. Administration after administration keeps the public feted with a gluttinous diet of diversions and distractions, and most Americans quite frankly don't give a poop to know what's going on themselves. Only when the blow back gets too heated and a growing surge of enquiring minds want to know why things are happening to them, does the average citizen even consider looking to find out what shenanigans their government has been up to. That's when the propaganda machines start working overtime to bring the public onboard to the agenda... by hook or by crook.  The lessons will soon be forgotten, only to be repeated again years down the road once vigilance has lapsed again.  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, ...but far too many have been asleep at the wheel.  :'(

Yep. We're fat, lazy, and stupid. Lethal combo.

We inherited, through no effort on our parts, a reasonably functional democracy. We could have put in a little effort to keep it up.  But instead we wanted to watch NASCAR.

So when we wake up in a FEMA camp, toiling in a field under the hot sun because there's no more oil to run the corporate agriculture machine, we'll have no one but ourselves to blame.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »

This is rich...i like how you paint everyone with a broad brush jaguar.  How is it that we are so unaware of our foreign policy when it's the citizens of this country making the most noise about border security, the iraq war and america's foreign policy in general since 9/11? 
footloose and fancy free