Author Topic: Civil religious discussion  (Read 60676 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Civil religious discussion
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:15:51 PM »
Man of Steel
Wiggs
Grinch

All Profess to know the Right Path & Worship a God
Do you all follow / know the same path ?

Is there more than one path to god & heaven ?

All 3 of you come across as Believing in what they say
It would be good if you all had a civil discussion & see if
There is any similarities or middle ground.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Civil religious discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
Your goodself
Wiggs
Grinch

All Profess to know the Right Path & Worship a God
Do you all follow / know the same path ?

Is there more than one path to god & heaven ?

All 3 of you come across as Believing in what they say
It would be good if you all had a civil discussion & see if
There is any similarities or middle ground.

I hear you and I have already replied to several of Wiggs comments and questions in an exhaustive manner in the past and his reply in all instances was the same.....silence.  So I haven't pursued further.  

Wiggs has stated that he would happily take on any religious leader of today in a debate and handle them easily.  :)  I don't mean this as boasting, but thus far he hasn't even handled me on a random bb board and I'm a freakin nobody  ;D.

BHIs typically do not prefer the one-on-one debate style as it prevents street tactics such as over-talking of your opponent and it prevents usage of a gang mentality for intimidation.  
Theologians like James White have held debates within his youtube channel with significant leaders of various BHI factions and literally ragdolled them with logic and theology.  This is a point of contention for them because they typically target non-theologian, non-scholars on the streets and easily confuse and frustrate them with twisted scripture via eisegesis.  When confronted with someone knowledgeable and prepared I've seen their tactics and argumentation crumble over and over time and time again.

I don't recall any conversation with Grinch (I could be wrong on that).

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »
I hear you and I have already replied to several of Wiggs comments and questions in an exhaustive manner in the past and his reply in all instances was the same.....silence.  So I haven't pursued further.  

Wiggs has stated that he would happily take on any religious leader of today in a debate and handle them easily.  :)  I don't mean this as boasting, but thus far he hasn't even handled me on a random bb board and I'm a freakin nobody  ;D.

BHIs typically do not prefer the one-on-one debate style as it prevents street tactics such as over-talking of your opponent and it prevents usage of a gang mentality for intimidation.  
Theologians like James White have held debates within his youtube channel with significant leaders of various BHI factions and literally ragdolled them with logic and theology.  This is a point of contention for them because they typically target non-theologian, non-scholars on the streets and easily confuse and frustrate them with twisted scripture via eisegesis.  When confronted with someone knowledgeable and prepared I've seen their tactics and argumentation crumble over and over time and time again.

I don't recall any conversation with Grinch (I could be wrong on that).

The Wonders of Getbig 1 Minute I’ve posted a reply
And the Next It’s Changed into A new thread.!!

Thanks for your reply - I hope Wiggs & Grinch will come along
And post their beliefs & views - Should make for some interesting
Debate.

Me I’m not religious & I don’t believe in any kind of God.
That doesn’t prevent me from having an interest & trying to understand
Those that Do - Well all except Islam & jews as they are Very Similar & Not Good.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:48 AM »

The Wonders of Getbig 1 Minute I’ve posted a reply
And the Next It’s Changed into A new thread.!!

Thanks for your reply - I hope Wiggs & Grinch will come along
And post their beliefs & views - Should make for some interesting
Debate.

Me I’m not religious & I don’t believe in any kind of God.
That doesn’t prevent me from having an interest & trying to understand
Those that Do - Well all except Islam & jews as they are Very Similar & Not Good.

I purposefully keep that thread free of discussion and debate as I note within it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:07:58 PM »
My sky wizard can beat up your sky wizard.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
I purposefully keep that thread free of discussion and debate as I note within it.

Fine - No Worries 👍🏻

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

😱 ahhh but be careful as someone else’s Sky Wizard might just Blow your Sky wizard up.
Then which Sky Wizard would go to Heaven or Hell - Unless They repented 1st !!
Confused you will be if the different religious experts Start Talking.

I hope they do.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »
I've pondered this myself and don't see much hope in real and lasting civility.
If someone really believes GOD ordained it as TRUTH, you won't waiver.

Well they’re not posting their beliefs in this thread yet.
Shame - I’m non religious but would like to hear what they have to say in detail
And see who & why they have differing versions of an Ultimate God
As if there is A God there can only be one & one set of rules & teachings you would think.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »
Well they’re not posting their beliefs in this thread yet.
Shame - I’m non religious but would like to hear what they have to say in detail
And see who & why they have differing versions of an Ultimate God
As if there is A God there can only be one & one set of rules & teachings you would think.

While they gather their thoughts, you and I can ponder a bit on why there are so many different beliefs out there. From a general view, and of course there are always exceptions to the rule, people fashion/form their personal belief in the afterlife starting young. Children are taught by their parents and taken to their parents places of worship. This early introduction is hard to overcome later. The Rev Phelps hatemongering could be seen with his young grandchildren spouting the same anti gay rhetoric and hellfire and brimstone they heard from their parents and were subjected to early on. Looking at a religious map of the world it is easy to see the weight where you are born and to whom has a huge impact on which religion you will follow. To me this is a huge give away and really takes the supernatural out of the equation.

Part of growing, exploring and learning comes from reading and exposing yourself to other viewpoints and information. What many religions do is prohibit this by labeling anything that contradicts the teachings as satanic. Any exploration of other possible answers are discouraged. There are many examples of family members shunning other family members for not believing anymore the same as the others do. Religions are designed to isolate it's members from outside data, because it is dangerous, but not in the sense they believe it to be.

So its likely those you asked to chime in on why they believe as they do, will ultimately come down to indoctrination as a child, peer pressure as an adult etc. Where they were born, to whom, what state even, influences most religious people.   

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 04:14:23 PM »
While they gather their thoughts, you and I can ponder a bit on why there are so many different beliefs out there. From a general view, and of course there are always exceptions to the rule, people fashion/form their personal belief in the afterlife starting young. Children are taught by their parents and taken to their parents places of worship. This early introduction is hard to overcome later. The Rev Phelps hatemongering could be seen with his young grandchildren spouting the same anti gay rhetoric and hellfire and brimstone they heard from their parents and were subjected to early on. Looking at a religious map of the world it is easy to see the weight where you are born and to whom has a huge impact on which religion you will follow. To me this is a huge give away and really takes the supernatural out of the equation.

Part of growing, exploring and learning comes from reading and exposing yourself to other viewpoints and information. What many religions do is prohibit this by labeling anything that contradicts the teachings as satanic. Any exploration of other possible answers are discouraged. There are many examples of family members shunning other family members for not believing anymore the same as the others do. Religions are designed to isolate it's members from outside data, because it is dangerous, but not in the sense they believe it to be.

So its likely those you asked to chime in on why they believe as they do, will ultimately come down to indoctrination as a child, peer pressure as an adult etc. Where they were born, to whom, what state even, influences most religious people.   

Agree with pretty much all you said.
I’d like to see them discussing which is the only & Correct god out of so many
Also if they believe this is the only space rock to have life forms on it
Or in fact their views on space / stars / planets etc
I’d like to go further and see what they have to say about Quantum Mechanics

Just a few topics to get them started - And I’m being genuine in regards to listening
To what they have to say.

It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen though.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »

Just a few topics to get them started - And I’m being genuine in regards to listening

Reminds me of a saying I once read when I was researching the bible. A Christian pointed out that the Atheist was being deceived by the devil into not believing the bible is real. The response was something along the lines of ..  If a person is deceived do they know they are being deceived?  If not, how do you know YOU aren't being deceived?

The common stance among differing religions is that the other has been deceived. Every other belief but the one I hold is false. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 11:26:47 AM »

What about those dinosaurs a couple thousand years ago that people rode around on?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
What about those dinosaurs a couple thousand years ago that people rode around on?

Jesus was bad ass!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 12:18:06 PM »
Jesus was bad ass!

You can't argue with the facts.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

There's only one sky wizard and that's Jesus Christ!   He's full of magic and impossible, supernatural, miraculous feats of wonder and he has his own special magic book (or grimoire as avxo likes to put it).  It's full of stories of burning bushes, walking sticks turned into serpents, rivers of blood, seas parted down the middle, plagues of locusts and frogs, world altering global floods, talking donkeys, giants, monsters, armies of pagans, horrific acts of men, incest, sodomy, murder, sacrifices, adultery, fornication, slavery, warfare, debauchery, drunkeness, parties, evil, good, darkness, light, the beginning of time, the end of time, virgin births, groups of young men destroyed by bears, a man that draws super strength from his hair, angels, demons, etc....

And if that isn't enough to peak your interest you should also know it's 100% real and correct!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 02:24:04 PM »
Reminds me of a saying I once read when I was researching the bible. A Christian pointed out that the Atheist was being deceived by the devil into not believing the bible is real. The response was something along the lines of ..  If a person is deceived do they know they are being deceived?  If not, how do you know YOU aren't being deceived?

The common stance among differing religions is that the other has been deceived. Every other belief but the one I hold is false. 

Very Good - And on point
That’s a hard one for anyone to argue against.

Perhaps then we are All Being Deceived by The Devil.

Maybe the Devil worshippers Have it Right Then,
Or are they Being Deceived by “The God” as a Test of Faith ?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »
There's only one sky wizard and that's Jesus Christ!   He's full of magic and impossible, supernatural, miraculous feats of wonder and he has his own special magic book (or grimoire as avxo likes to put it).  It's full of stories of burning bushes, walking sticks turned into serpents, rivers of blood, seas parted down the middle, plagues of locusts and frogs, world altering global floods, talking donkeys, giants, monsters, armies of pagans, horrific acts of men, incest, sodomy, murder, sacrifices, adultery, fornication, slavery, warfare, debauchery, drunkeness, parties, evil, good, darkness, light, the beginning of time, the end of time, virgin births, groups of young men destroyed by bears, a man that draws super strength from his hair, angels, demons, etc....

And if that isn't enough to peak your interest you should also know it's 100% real and correct!!

Wow - Most of That sounds like what it’s like working an inner city area / pub / club on a Saturday night
Sunday Morning - I’ve witnessed & had to deal with most of that. That’s also 100% Real & Correct.

On a more serious note to your reply - Yes it does sound very interesting & like something I might
Read. Only how do I know it’s all real events in there & not made up by The Writer or Writers.
That leads on to the next question who wrote it and when & did they witness these events.

I thought “God” was the Sky Wizard not his Son Jesus ?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »

Very Good - And on point
That’s a hard one for anyone to argue against.

Perhaps then we are All Being Deceived by The Devil.

Maybe the Devil worshippers Have it Right Then,
Or are they Being Deceived by “The God” as a Test of Faith ?

Satanist in the technical sense probably have it closer to right. Humanist even closer in my opinion.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »

It's truly amazing you can write that, and then still believe it. Kudos!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »
Wow - Most of That sounds like what it’s like working an inner city area / pub / club on a Saturday night
Sunday Morning - I’ve witnessed & had to deal with most of that. That’s also 100% Real & Correct.

On a more serious note to your reply - Yes it does sound very interesting & like something I might
Read. Only how do I know it’s all real events in there & not made up by The Writer or Writers.
That leads on to the next question who wrote it and when & did they witness these events.

I thought “God” was the Sky Wizard not his Son Jesus ?

Well now it gets a tad complicated here. Jesus is the son of God, but he is also God. God sent himself down here as his son, to save us. Cool right?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 10:21:22 PM »
Well now it gets a tad complicated here. Jesus is the son of God, but he is also God. God sent himself down here as his son, to save us. Cool right?

It does get complicated
Jesus is God & his son Jesus at the same time ?
Ahh I see said the blind man who couldn’t really see at All.

And what did God / Jesus save us From.

This duality Principle is getting into Quantum Mechanics Type Theories.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »
It does get complicated
Jesus is God & his son Jesus at the same time ?
Ahh I see said the blind man who couldn’t really see at All.

And what did God / Jesus save us From.

This duality Principle is getting into Quantum Mechanics Type Theories.

He saved us from eternity in hell due to our sinful nature. Because a God as you know if you studied QM is bound by rules and instead of snapping his fingers and saying "You are all cleansed of sin" he had to go through this process involving a pure sacrifice because thats how Gods rolled back then.  

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 12:53:00 AM »
He saved us from eternity in hell due to our sinful nature. Because a God as you know if you studied QM is bound by rules and instead of snapping his fingers and saying "You are all cleansed of sin" he had to go through this process involving a pure sacrifice because thats how Gods rolled back then.  

Ahh - Though if God / Jesus created us in his image
Why would he create us with a Sinful Nature - He could of just as easily
Created us without that & All would be Good & Peace / Love / Friendliness
On Earth .
So He created flawed humans so he could then come & save us from ourselves
By him being crucified - Seems like a lot of faffing about for something he could
Of just not given us in the 1st place.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 05:12:43 AM »

Makes perfect sense to send your son (who is also you) to be brutally tortured by humans you created so that the same humans can be saved from endless torture in a hell that you created.

Sign me up.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 12:40:23 PM »
Ahh - Though if God / Jesus created us in his image
Why would he create us with a Sinful Nature - He could of just as easily
Created us without that & All would be Good & Peace / Love / Friendliness
On Earth .
So He created flawed humans so he could then come & save us from ourselves
By him being crucified - Seems like a lot of faffing about for something he could
Of just not given us in the 1st place.

As the mythology goes, he did create us with a sinless nature (I think), but while Adam and Eve were chilling in the Garden of Eden, he gave them but one rule that he knew beforehand they would break. Do not eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Apparently having knowledge back then was a bad thing. A talking serpent convinced Eve who convinced Adam to eat the fruit and now we all have to burn in hell for an eternity unless we buy into the religion and ask Jesus to save us from the hell he created for us. And Adults believe this stuff... it's truly amazing, you can't make this stuff up!...well, maybe you can...  :)