Author Topic: I really need help...  (Read 3102 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
I really need help...
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:46:08 PM »
I am currently 293lbs, my bf is around 18%.
For the past 5 months I have been attempting to lose 20 pounds but to no avail.
I first tried 300 carbs and 300 protein and that did not work.
I then dropped the carbs to 150 and kept protein at 300 g but this did not work.
Lastly i tried 150 carbs and 200 g protein and my bw is still the same.

I wrestle so my practice goes from 10 am to 230pm 5 days a week so i really cannot do cardio on an empty stomach in the mornings before i go to practice.  when i weight train i do not do cardio because i train 3x a week and it is usually within 2 hrs of leaving practice.  i use some fatburnes but not much because i really want to lose the weight and keep it off.

What else can i try to do?
I am a grown ass man

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: I really need help...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
try 20 grams of carbs per day( basically, one piece of whole wheat toast in the morning), and since your bodyweight is almost 300 pounds try getting about 400-500 grams of protein per day. make your fat intake at 0 grams, but supplement with 10 grams of omega 3 fatty acids per day as well.  drink as much water as you can.

do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach for 45 minutes, and do cardio again at night before bed for 45 minutes.

drink a whey protein shake 30 minutes before you lift, and immedietly after you lift.  try to lift everyday.

you will get FUCKING SHREDDED in no time.     i bet you lose the 20 lbs, or close to it, in your first month as long as you stay strict.

if you "dont want to do cardio", then you "dont want" to lose those twenty pounds. there is only one way to lose weight, and that is diet and exercise. suck it up.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:28:24 AM »
That's just too extreme.You need more carbs than that for brain function.I agree with the cardio twice a day though.Maybe try to cycle your carbs something like 100,100,200(leg day),100.50,300,100-on the 100g days just have carbs after early morning cardio and after training.Keep your protein up around 250 -300g(from chicken,turkey,salmon,whey,fillet steak,white fish) and the fat will take care of itself although I would recommend 3-4 dessert spoons of Udo's Choice Oil or similar per day.
Good luck in achieving your goals.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »
I've never done contest prep, but I've tried doing low carbs and I didn't like it (it was torture) and I didn't see the results I wanted.  What has worked for me is a macronutrient intake of 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat, or around there.  The most important thing is to make sure that you burn more calories daily than you eat.  It's the only way to lose weight.  I guess all you can really do though is try different diet plans until you find one that gives you the results you want.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 10:37:33 PM »
oh, another thing, I do cardio only once or twice a week, on days I'm not lifting.  If you're already wrestling I see no reason for you to do extra cardio.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »
500 grams of protein is ridiculous. With the fat your carrying, you only need maybe 300 a day at the most.People always forget that you need 1 to 1-1/2 grams for every 1-2 pounds of LEAN body weight ;)