Author Topic: family issues  (Read 10605 times)

jonnie5_5

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
family issues
« on: December 29, 2005, 12:18:32 PM »
How did you guys make your family/significant other realize that bodybuilding was something that you wanted to do? My gf is really against the lifestyle and steroids, and I cant seem to make her realize how important it is to me. What did you guys do to make them see your drive and dedication?
TP code: JHG682

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
Re: family issues
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:25:20 PM »
Tell me when you figer it out (im not joking) i almost have the exact same problem. :(
unknown

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:56:56 PM »
Its tough, been married 5 years, still working on it.
W

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »
This is something that you just have to let go of, or it will drive you crazy.  A lot of my friends and family think I'm absolutely nuts... but I'm not in this to get their approval or praise...it's something you have to be in and do for yourself, no one else.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 05:59:47 PM »
If it's tough to get them to understand, then you're with the wrong person.

Move on.
Y

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 07:17:12 PM »
I think most of us have this problem.....im gettin told no more tuna and im gonna die from my eggs and what im doing is not healthy. 
bodybuildersreality.com

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 03:52:58 AM »
I know what ur saying bro, i get it in the neck when im refusing puddings after dinner, and am seen eating tuna straight out the can later on.
I want them to understand how importnat it all is, its not like a hobby,im not sure how u describe it. Its sumthin that just feels right when u do it, and uv gotta do it and keep pushing harder and harder even tho its hard and it hurts. I am not sure thoughs who do not follow our quest will ever truly understand what drives us.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

jonnie5_5

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 07:45:06 AM »
thanks for the replys guys. i appreciate it.
TP code: JHG682

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 04:40:16 PM »
yeah man we all got these problems but are ya gonna stop....... I didn't think so
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 09:00:31 PM »
yeah man we all got these problems but are ya gonna stop....... I didn't think so
Stop? If he stopped what would he do then? Drink beer everynight and grow into a fat ass like most everyone else... well, maybe then all the bitching from his family and friends would cease... but who would want that?

I say who cares, let them bitch, let them think your some weird freak... in the end will see who's life was more worth while ;D

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 01:05:54 AM »
I know i probly shuldent speek on shuch maters but. Your famly is the one thing you will have whith you your hole life but at the same time you musent alow them to controle you. honer and value there belifs but at the same time be true to your self. if this is what you truly want than go for it dont let them stop you but dont be crule to them for not sharing your belifs. remeber you whant to resalve the conflickt not make it worse.

There is no easy buten for life!

unknown

BigIronMike25

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:55 AM »
man i think everyone on this board can sympathize with your problem man.....it took me a long damn time to even think about tellin my old lady about the juice...she took it a whole lot better than i ever thought she would....she basicallly just said "hey i dont know much of anything about steroids so how could i tell you that they are bad or not to do them"......i was absolutely shocked as hell, i just knew it would be something we would break over....but hell i guess shes a keeper after all

my parents or anyone in my family still dont know and id prefer to keep it that way....theres just no way they would approve or understand, so i dont even wanna get into it with them (they buy into all the crazed uneducated media hype that steroids will kill you)......

final thoughts---bodybuilding is a tremendously egocentric, self-centered sport and if you ever find a chick who is cool with it, thats a bigtime rarity and you gotta keep her around!!!!  good luck man!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 12:29:33 PM »
Stop? If he stopped what would he do then? Drink beer everynight and grow into a fat ass like most everyone else... well, maybe then all the bitching from his family and friends would cease... but who would want that?

I say who cares, let them bitch, let them think your some weird freak... in the end will see who's life was more worth while ;D
well said
bodybuildersreality.com

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 12:57:47 PM »
How did you guys make your family/significant other realize that bodybuilding was something that you wanted to do? My gf is really against the lifestyle and steroids, and I cant seem to make her realize how important it is to me. What did you guys do to make them see your drive and dedication?

all my girlfriends have known about my cycles..

they know about em when they meet me...in the very beginning..

if they all of a sudden develop a problem with it...they get removed from my presence..

simple...
carpe` vaginum!

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »
Well said i believe that if u love something in your life, screw what other think u should do or much less if they want u to quit ..I personally have a very intelligent woman that likes fitness and she would never contradict what i stand for or what i like ..it goes both ways ...to be happy !! ;)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
thats true
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »
its getting controversial in here
bodybuildersreality.com

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »

TRUST!

My gf doesn't really like the idea of steroids, but she trusts me to know what I am doing, and to know how much is ok and how much is not ok when it comes to health. She has said no diuretics, and I agree with her. I don't take much steroids when compared to a lot of people.

As for my parents, well, they were very upset when they found out. It's hard trying to convince someone who has their mind made up about the stuff and it's usually only from what they've heard in the media. I just don't tell them, but as I said, I don't take much and ATM if you looked at me you'd proabbly think I was natural.

Sit down with your girl, show her the studies which prove steroids are ok in moderate doses and EVEN beneficial. Talk to her about it.

That said, if you take as much as the pros, probably forget everything I just wrote.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:36 PM »
im gonna try what you said but i don't tink it will work for me.
bodybuildersreality.com

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 09:59:32 PM »
im gonna try what you said but i don't tink it will work for me.

Dude, give it a go. As I said, my gf said no diuretics, and that's only cause she's actually read my MD mags and Flexability by Flex Wheeler, all of which say diuretics are bad.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »
yeah but my girlfriend has said you choose juice or me. I have never done it but would like to but i wouldn't want to lose her either
bodybuildersreality.com

BigIronMike25

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 02:46:20 PM »
yeah but my girlfriend has said you choose juice or me. I have never done it but would like to but i wouldn't want to lose her either

thats a predicament and a HALF....damn bro im glad i aint in your shoes.....she doesnt have to know though!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 03:18:19 PM »
Easy choice in my mind...girls are a dime a dozen.

If she can't respect your choices, if they are choices that have been made in a proper fashion, then I would question the relationship. I'm by no means telling you to dump her, but really try and help her get a better clear understanding of AAS, present her with proven facts and evidence, because right now she's more than likely relying on the media for her info, and then go from there in your decision making process.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »
Honestly guy, i'm married but gotta ask you this.Is she just a gf or do you see yourself in the future marrying this girl?If not then I would say f&*k her.From her giving you that ultimatum it sounds to me that if you did marry this lady you will be a very pussy whipped man of the house!Never did understand "users" that hide their use from their gf's or wives.If not a competitor I think then she may have a logical reason to not want you to do them but if you would like to try them I say "clue" her in on the subject.Learn the good & bad of them together.IMO they are really only a bad "thing" if you abuse them.

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »
Let her try the juice too that might fix the problem...maybe she envy u.. :P