Author Topic: Is Anyone Going to Accept Milo's Challenge?  (Read 3901 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Is Anyone Going to Accept Milo's Challenge?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
i would like to train with milos. not to out due him but to learn from him.. i do think i could stay up with him though..
anyways regardless he has a great physique
irongearco.com

SwingGuru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
supersets, giant sets, drop sets are all great AT THE END OF A WORKOUT to put some blood in the muscle but heavy staright sets should be the cornerstone of your training.

Amen.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 12:32:20 AM »
Amen.
you both are amazingly dumb...thats why your world evolves around this board...

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 06:15:43 AM »
you both are amazingly dumb...thats why your world evolves around this board...

Amen !!
Train forever !

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »
Just please don't come all at once...After all - I see so many interested to challenge me (and my training partners) - I will probably have to expend the gym to fit all of you ::).

Interestingly - there are so many "hardcore" guys here ready to criticise and laugh...but nobody really willing to prove their tuffness::)

Totall count of getbig heroes: ZERO

Still - as long as ANY of you look at particular number of pounds (being lifted) - you are in the wrong sport...
We can make ANY weight work for us if we don't let the weight control us...and instead we control the weight. As simple as that.

I trained HUNDREDS of people and some very advanced bodybuilders and speaking of putting the muscle, hypertrophy, increasing the muscle mass...etc - I managed to put THE MOST in the LEAST amount on time on numerous athletes...

In most of the cases I had to let them loose their ego and start training much lighter( 8))...controlling the weight and making incredible gains in very short period of time...

Consider how many variables are there in training and start manipulating with amount of sets, reps, weight...tempo and variation of speed in ANY portion of the rep - applying from super fast to super slow...to static contractions...and using various contractions (try maximal for example... ;D)...different grips, stances, range of motion...or WHATEVER comes to your mind.

I am only having fun with some of the kids on this board (tuff-talkers) but in actuality I am trying to send you a message that indeed IT IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT that is important...rather: HOW you lift and WHAT you feel when lifting that is much, much, MUCH more important...
Jokes aside - I do care and want to send the message regardless of the criticism I am getting (if you didn't notice - it doesn't bother me to continue "singing the same song"...Hmmm, speaking of that - I might even sing my National anthem on the next Fitshow...using brutal 10 pound dbells/ it is my heavy day after all/ as a drums...)

Certainly - once you master mind-muscle connection and honestly feel EVERY muscle you are trying to stimulate in EVERY exercise that you are doing - than (and only than) start increasing the weight in every exercise...
I am not against heavy weight...I will go as heavy as possible with each and every of my athletes (and usually put MORE weight than they want me to) - but lifting heavy for the sake of feeding your ego is JUST wrong thing to do.

Advice to those who actually want to listen: try to focus on muscle you are doing rather than weight...Pick any exercise for particular muscle and attempt to perform certain amount of reps in full range of motion.
Maintain contraction (control) throughout the whole movement - keeping targeting muscle MAXIMALLY contracted at all times (regardless of the speed you choose). When you start feeling the muscle from the first 'till the last moment of the set - you will feel good about the set - as you will be certain that proper stimulation of targeting muscle just occurred.
Than - you can start with numerous variations of range of motion (choosing to stop at any point of particular motion required to complete full rep).
Try to find portion of the rep where you feel the best stimulation and "play with it"...
What I mean by that - try to stop (pause) in the hardest part of the movement and maybe squeeze as hard as you can for certain amount of time (as you ALWAYS should...BTW - many people believe that as long as they make contraction they are doing the job - not thinking about the difference between ANY and MAXIMAL contraction).

I suggest you start with 2-3 seconds - and later you can go as long as you want (I often perform 5 and 10 second "squeezes" per rep - in numerous different positions. Sometimes "peak contraction" at the top of the movement...sometimes maximal contraction as I am pausing in the bottom position (end of eccentric part of the rep) - before attempting "concentric" contraction....

That is just ONE of countless examples and possibilities...
Be open minded and don't fit into a shame "go heavy or go home" - before realizing that heavy ONLY benefits you if you "do right or go home"...
I'll take correct LIGHT lifting over incorrect HEAVY lifting anytime...Certainly once you are able to go HEAVY correctly - you'll improve even more...

In the mean time I am making a list of the challengers...
So far ZERO...but counting.....

Did I say I love you guys?
Valentine was yesterday - but oh well...better late than never... :-*

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
It's worked so well that Luke Wood is winning Olympia's left and right!!!!  ::)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »
Milos, while I agree with your basic message (that it's not how much you lift but what you feel when you're lifting) you make it sound like it's rocket science when bodybuilding is quite simple really.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
Just please don't come all at once...After all - I see so many interested to challenge me (and my training partners) - I will probably have to expend the gym to fit all of you ::).

Interestingly - there are so many "hardcore" guys here ready to criticise and laugh...but nobody really willing to prove their tuffness::)

Still - as long as ANY of you look at particular number of pounds (being lifted) - you are in the wrong sport...
We can make ANY weight work for us if we don't let the weight control us...and instead we control the weight. As simple as that.

I trained HUNDREDS of people and some very advanced bodybuilders and speaking of putting the muscle, hypertrophy, increasing the muscle mass...etc - I managed to put THE MOST in the LEAST amount on time on numerous athletes...

In most of the cases I had to let them loose their ego and start training much lighter( 8))...controlling the weight and making incredible gains in very short period of time...

Consider how many variables are there in training and start manipulating with amount of sets, reps, weight...tempo and variation of speed in ANY portion of the rep - applying from super fast to super slow...to static contractions...and using various contractions (try maximal for example... ;D)...different grips, stances, range of motion...or WHATEVER comes to your mind.

I am only having fun with some of the kids on this board (tuff-talkers) but in actuality I am trying to send you a message that indeed IT IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT that is important...rather: HOW you lift and WHAT you feel when lifting that is much, much, MUCH more important...
Jokes aside - I do care and want to send the message regardless of the criticism I am getting (if you didn't notice - it doesn't bother me to continue "singing the same song"...Hmmm, speaking of that - I might even sing my National anthem on the next Fitshow...using brutal 10 pound dbells/ it is my heavy day after all/ as a drums...)

Certainly - once you master mind-muscle connection and honestly feel EVERY muscle you are trying to stimulate in EVERY exercise that you are doing - than (and only than) start increasing the weight in every exercise...
I am not against heavy weight...I will go as heavy as possible with each and every of my athletes (and usually put MORE weight than they want me to) - but lifting heavy for the sake of feeding your ego is JUST wrong thing to do.

Advice to those who actually want to listen: try to focus on muscle you are doing rather than weight...Pick any exercise for particular muscle and attempt to perform certain amount of reps in full range of motion.
Maintain contraction (control) throughout the whole movement - keeping targeting muscle MAXIMALLY contracted at all times (regardless of the speed you choose). When you start feeling the muscle from the first 'till the last moment of the set - you will feel good about the set - as you will be certain that proper stimulation of targeting muscle just occurred.
Than - you can start with numerous variations of range of motion (choosing to stop at any point of particular motion required to complete full rep).
Try to find portion of the rep where you feel the best stimulation and "play with it"...
What I mean by that - try to stop (pause) in the hardest part of the movement and maybe squeeze as hard as you can for certain amount of time (as you ALWAYS should...BTW - many people believe that as long as they make contraction they are doing the job - not thinking about the difference between ANY and MAXIMAL contraction).

I suggest you start with 2-3 seconds - and later you can go as long as you want (I often perform 5 and 10 second "squeezes" per rep - in numerous different positions. Sometimes "peak contraction" at the top of the movement...sometimes maximal contraction as I am pausing in the bottom position (end of eccentric part of the rep) - before attempting "concentric" contraction....

Be open minded and don't fit into a shame "go heavy or go home" - before realizing that heavy ONLY benefits you if you "do right or go home"...
I'll take correct LIGHT lifting over incorrect HEAVY lifting anytime...Certainly once you are able to go HEAVY correctly - you'll improve even more...

I'd love to have a session with you, Milos. I'm traveling in L.A this summer
Get Big, or Die Trying

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 10:51:57 AM »
It's worked so well that Luke Wood is winning Olympia's left and right!!!!  ::)

...I had nothing to do with his left victory...but I was all behind the right one..

Besides - anyone who doesn't win the Olympia doesn't know how to train?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »

I'd love to have a session with you, Milos. I'm traveling in L.A this summer

I know what you did last summer...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »
When i get out to Cali, Imma be there....get the cameras ready!!!!

hardcore training ....jaejonna style
L

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »
Milos im sure most of us here couldnt complete such a workout. And i to would probably puke doing it.

The question is how effektive is it doing dropsets or giantsets or whatever its called on every exercise. After you have done your first exercises your muscles are to exhausted to move any bigger weights on the next exercise.

like said. I also think it should be done at the end of the workout for the last one or two exercises only. At the first exercises of the workout you want to move heavy poundages to stimulate the fast twich fibers.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
supersets, giant sets, drop sets are all great AT THE END OF A WORKOUT to put some blood in the muscle but heavy staright sets should be the cornerstone of your training.
well fucking said

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 02:21:02 AM »
well fucking said
words of wisdom  ::)...big mal u aint big but dumb...diet down and you'll see your truer self.

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 06:51:37 AM »

Milos your theories are very interesting and i can imagine that training with you is tough.

But what i do not understand is why most of the pro's (especially the biggest one) train with such sloppy form. Just look at how ronnie trains: 3/4 reps and no negative. Or how Jay trains, really fast but with a loose form.

If i look at my gym, the guys that use the sloppiest form use the most poundages but are also the biggest.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Put me down as a 'challenger,' if that is the right word. If I am ever in your neck of the woods, Milos, I will certainly drop by, announce myself as a Getbigger and give it my best. 

/you can take all the pics you want of me making a mess of your gym, and i expect some good trash-talking.  :D