Author Topic: Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan Have Taken a Plea Deal ---> 5-30-08  (Read 170754 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan Have Taken a Plea Deal ---> 5-30-08
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2008, 12:02:05 AM »
What about Melissa James, Ron?  You seem awful eager to have Kelly get on with her life.  What about the dead girl?

what about her?
No doubt about it...

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html

ARSON
      NRS 205.010  First degree.  A person who willfully and maliciously sets fire to or burns or causes to be burned, or who aids, counsels or procures the burning of any:

1.  Dwelling house or other structure or mobile home, whether occupied or vacant; or

2.  Personal property which is occupied by one or more persons,

Ê whether the property of himself or of another, is guilty of arson in the first degree which is a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 15 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $15,000.

[1911 C&P § 359; A 1927, 228; 1943, 181; 1943 NCL § 10307]—(NRS A 1967, 493; 1975, 916; 1979, 1439; 1987, 1475; 1995, 1213)
==================================

NRS 200.481  Battery: Definitions; penalties.

(e) If the battery is committed with the use of a deadly weapon, and:

(1) No substantial bodily harm to the victim results, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 10 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $10,000.

(2) Substantial bodily harm to the victim results, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 2 years and a maximum term of not more than 15 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $10,000.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »
And if she isn't guilty in any murder deal, why can't see have a part in a movie or book deal?

Maybe she can then. I don't know.

I suspect as part of her plea deal that will be addressed.

Maybe she will be able do a book/movie deal.....

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2008, 12:08:33 AM »
What about Melissa James, Ron?  You seem awful eager to have Kelly get on with her life.  What about the dead girl?

In case you have not heard, Melissa is no longer with us. If you are talking about her family, I want for them to have closure. Many people are affected and hurt, from Melissa's family and friends, to Craig and Kelly's family and friends. Their lives will never be the same. 

As for Kelly and her life, guess what. Yes, she will get on with her life, as will everyone else associated and affective by this. But they won't forget. You can't. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »

In case you have not heard, Melissa is no longer with us. If you are talking about her family, I want for them to have closure. Many people are affected and hurt, from Melissa's family and friends, to Craig and Kelly's family and friends. 

As for Kelly and her life, guess what. Yes, she will get on with her life, as will everyone else associated and affective by this. But they won't forget. You can't.

I'm sure her family will achieve better closure by the civil suit they file (thus ensuring that the book profits go to the right place).  Johnny V is there a statute of limitations issue in these situations?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2008, 12:14:04 AM »
I'm sure her family will achieve better closure by the civil suit they file

They filed a civil suit a while back, if I remember correctly.  That does not acheive closure. Only understanding might help, but the pain of losing a loved one does not go away.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2008, 12:17:36 AM »

They filed a civil suit a while back, if I remember correctly.  That does not acheive closure. Only understanding might help, but the pain of losing a loved one does not go away.

It also helps to see that the punishment fits the crime. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2008, 12:20:45 AM »
wow... kelly walked into a walmart and bought flammable liquid to burn up a human being her husband had just killed.  Then, she helped him to burn her body.  5 years prison seems like far too little.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »
I'm sure her family will achieve better closure by the civil suit they file (thus ensuring that the book profits go to the right place).  Johnny V is there a statute of limitations issue in these situations?

Yes, there are time limits, and I am sure the James family have filed suit already.

Usually a civil lawsuit is stayed until a criminal case is 100% over, including all appeals. Since CT and KR are doing a plea there will not be any appeals, which means the civil lawsuit could go forward.

But face it, the only way the James family could get any $$$ at this point would be thru a book or movie deal by the killers-would they want that? I sure wouldn't if I were in their shoes.

I feel very bad for the James family, and I do hope CT comes clean July 18. Don't count on it though.

wow... kelly walked into a walmart and bought flammable liquid to burn up a human being her husband had just killed.  Then, she helped him to burn her body.  5 years prison seems like far too little.

I think CT is getting off with a light sentence for this crime. We have to wait and see what Kelly gets-but it will be less than CT.

I agree, it is way too light. In CA they would be in for life.

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
Re: Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan Have Taken a Plea Deal
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2008, 12:29:14 AM »
I want the "Titus" account!!!   ::)

But lets analyze how much time Titus will REALLY DO;

1) 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, (actual time = 7.5-12.5 years)
2) 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge  (actual time = 2.5-7.5 years)
3) and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively. (actual time= 0 years-----because it runs at the same time as the first two).

Longest possible sentence= 20 years
Shortest possible sentence = 10 years

Minus the time he has already served awaiting trial= 2.5 years

Earliest parole date= 2015
Latest parole date = 2025

Titus was very lucky with that bullshit sentence for second degree murder and arson, in CA. he would have been in for life-no possibility of parole.

Johnny V help me out cuz in the state I live "consecutive" means one after the other. You serve one, start the other. "Concurrent" means running at the same time.
Curious if this is the same cuz if it's not then Craigers is truly fckd.....

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:41 AM »

Johnny V help me out cuz in the state I live "consecutive" means one after the other.

I wonder what consecutive means in my state.  :D

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2008, 01:24:59 AM »
there is only one male in the world i would agree to participate in gang tape of as in me fuckin him up the ass really really hard ,,
this male is the murderer
i would also love to see the ugly wife getting raped while making the murderer watch it

fallen angel

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2008, 04:57:18 AM »

Johnny V help me out cuz in the state I live "consecutive" means one after the other. You serve one, start the other. "Concurrent" means running at the same time.

That is why the longest is 20 and the shortest is 10.  The 3rd runs concurrently to the first, and possibly the second.  1 and 2 are consecutive.

Jason

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »
there is only one male in the world i would agree to participate in gang tape of as in me fuckin him up the ass really really hard ,,
i would also love to see the ugly wife getting raped while making the murderer watch it

Why do you feel this way? Do tell...
No doubt about it...

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »

The murder and kidnapping are running concesutively-back to back-one after the other, like you said.

The arson charge is the one that will run concurrently-so in effect the arson charge is not going to count (sentencing wise) because it will not add even 1 day to CT's sentence.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »
That is why the longest is 20 and the shortest is 10.  The 3rd runs concurrently to the first, and possibly the second.  1 and 2 are consecutive.

Jason

Right-the arson will run at the same time as the first sentence.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »
Props to Johnny V for laying the legal smackdown on Getbig with the best non-Fox analysis of the plea deal!
BigNationRadio.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2008, 09:07:31 AM »

Are there things, gh15?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2008, 12:46:05 PM »
3 hours behind McFarlandphoneTM, that's where!  ;D

I'd set up a Google news alert for "Craig Titus bodybuilder" back when this all first went down and tonight I got the e-mail notification on my iPhone!  So fuck you Isaac!   ;D
You got me this time, that's what happens when I do things you don't; leave my house and have a date with a lovely lady.  ;D

Glad to hear you're still a subscriber to muscle phone.
Elevate Your Image.™

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html

ARSON
      NRS 205.010  First degree.  A person who willfully and maliciously sets fire to or burns or causes to be burned, or who aids, counsels or procures the burning of any:

1.  Dwelling house or other structure or mobile home, whether occupied or vacant; or

2.  Personal property which is occupied by one or more persons,

Okay, now I'm confused.  The crime of arson as described above includes setting fire to either a structure (house, building, mobile home), or personal property which is occupied by one or more persons.

Now a car certainly qualifies as "personal property", but if the girl was dead before the match was lit, it was not occupied by a person, it was occupied by a corpse.  Unless the definitions section of the law defines "person" to include corpses, I don't see how they have violated the letter of this law.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
You got me this time, that's what happens when I do things you don't; leave my house and have a date with a lovely lady.  ;D

Glad to hear you're still a subscriber to muscle phone.

Google sent it to his iPhone.  For all you know, he could have been at an orgy with the Lakers cheerleaders when he got the news.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Paul Allen

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
Google sent it to his iPhone.  For all you know, he could have been at an orgy with the Lakers cheerleaders when he got the news.  ::)

knowing Jeff the way I do, I'd be more willing to bet he was at home masturbating to Gary Strydom's MySpace page.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
WOW that's AMAZING! Google did that all for him? Wow!

Elevate Your Image.™

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »

Okay, now I'm confused.  The crime of arson as described above includes setting fire to either a structure (house, building, mobile home), or personal property which is occupied by one or more persons.

Now a car certainly qualifies as "personal property", but if the girl was dead before the match was lit, it was not occupied by a person, it was occupied by a corpse.  Unless the definitions section of the law defines "person" to include corpses, I don't see how they have violated the letter of this law.

That is a good point. These two sections are all that applies to FIRST DEGREE arson, which is what KR is supposed to plead to.

I wonder if "structure" could be applied to a car???

A car is certainly covered under third and fourth degree arson though.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-205.html#NRS205Sec005

NRS 205.020  Third degree.  A person who willfully and maliciously sets fire to or burns or causes to be burned, or who aids, counsels or procures the burning of:

1.  Any unoccupied personal property of another which has the value of $25 or more;

2.  Any unoccupied personal property owned by him in which another person has a legal interest; or

3.  Any timber, forest, shrubbery, crops, grass, vegetation or other flammable material not his own,

Ê is guilty of arson in the third degree which is a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.

[1911 C&P § 360 1/2; added 1927, 228; A 1943, 181; 1943 NCL § 10309]—(NRS A 1967, 493; 1975, 916; 1979, 329; 1989, 964; 1995, 1214)

NRS 205.025  Fourth degree.

1.  A person who willfully and maliciously attempts to set fire to or attempts to burn or to aid, counsel or procure the burning of any of the buildings or property mentioned in NRS 205.010, 205.015 and 205.020, or who commits any act preliminary thereto or in furtherance thereof, is guilty of arson in the fourth degree which is a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $5,000.

2.  In any prosecution under this section the placing or distributing of any inflammable, explosive or combustible material or substance, or any device in any building or property mentioned in NRS 205.010, 205.015 and 205.020, in an arrangement or preparation eventually to set fire to or burn the building or property, or to procure the setting fire to or burning of the building or property, is prima facie evidence of a willful attempt to burn or set on fire the property.

[1911 C&P § 361 1/2; added 1927, 228; A 1943, 181; 1943 NCL § 10311]—(NRS A 1967, 493; 1979, 1439; 1995, 1214)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »

Has it been shown that she was dead when they put her in the car?