Author Topic: Killing children/your child because god told you to  (Read 41617 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Killing children/your child because god told you to
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
I don't support abortion.

A vote hasn't ever been put up for abortion.

In my life and the people around me i have vehemently at times discouraged people from getting an abortion.   Never has abortion been a option in anyone whom I've encountered considering it.

Regardless of my stance on abortion.

Regardless if you feel I'm a hypocrite because I think abortion is should be legal because outlawing wouldn't stop it, it would only make matters worse.

Regardless if I myself fully supported abortion and performed them myself on women.

Regardless if I myself was a serial murderer of children

Regardless if I myself was the most morally corrupt person on earth.

It wouldn't change the fact that killing children IS WRONG and for God to order makes him a murderer not "God" the almighty, creator of heaven and earth and the source of all that good and just.

All it is, is another of the many candy ass deflections from you guys trying to avoid the reality of murdered children at the hands of Jews who sought a "get out of jail free card" from genocide.

WHAT!? I've asked you this several times, but to recap, from whom were the Israelites seeking this so-called "get-out-of-jail-free-card"?

He is the the Creator of heaven and Earth, REGARDLESS of what happened to the Amalekite children or anyone else's children, or what you may think about it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
WHAT!? I've asked you this several times, but to recap, from whom were the Israelites seeking this so-called "get-out-of-jail-free-card"?

Justification for murderous actions.

He is the the Creator of heaven and Earth, REGARDLESS of what happened to the Amalekite children or anyone else's children, or what you may think about it.

He is what he is, but what ever he is, if he all that is good and just, he is not that which is identified in the OT.  What's identified in the OT is a slaver and murderer.

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »

Show me any evidence that he created Earth. Oh, never mind.

"Remarkable claims require remarkable proof. But maybe you don't need proof. I do."
-Dr. Michio Kaku

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
Justification for murderous actions.

The question was, "From WHOM were they seeking this so-called 'get-out-of-jail-free' card?"

He is what he is, but what ever he is, if he all that is good and just, he is not that which is identified in the OT.  What's identified in the OT is a slaver and murderer.

He is that which is identified in the OT. The God that send Christ to die for our sins and the one who took care of the Amalekites.....they're one and the same.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
The question was, "From WHOM were they seeking this so-called 'get-out-of-jail-free' card?"

Probably the people within their nation who had some sense and History itself.

He is that which is identified in the OT. The God that send Christ to die for our sins and the one who took care of the Amalekites.....they're one and the same.

Then he's a hypocrite or not one in the same.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »
Probably the people within their nation who had some sense and History itself.

The people within their nation knew exactly why this edict happened and had known about it for over 300 years.

It didn't come as a surprise to the king, the prophets (Samuel, in particular) or the judges. Samuel's the one who gave Saul the Lord's instructions. And it was Saul who got in trouble for not following those instructions, namely keeping the gold, silver, and choice livestock for himself and his troops, when he was ordered to destroy everything of Amalek.

Then he's a hypocrite or not one in the same.

Hardly! He has the authority to take life, because He gives life. And, He is the one who sent Christ to be crucified.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »
The people within their nation knew exactly why this edict happened and had known about it for over 300 years.

It didn't come as a surprise to the king, the prophets (Samuel, in particular) or the judges. Samuel's the one who gave Saul the Lord's instructions. And it was Saul who got in trouble for not following those instructions, namely keeping the gold, silver, and choice livestock for himself and his troops, when he was ordered to destroy everything of Amalek.

yeah, according to the story, written thousands of years ago by primitive people which may have been changed or altered who knows how many times.  The story is written to justify genocide.  I'm sure the Nazi's could have come up with a good story to.
Hardly! He has the authority to take life, because He gives life. And, He is the one who sent Christ to be crucified.

Actions define.  His have defined hypocrisy if taken as the bible being his 100% word.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 04:35:52 AM »
yeah, according to the story, written thousands of years ago by primitive people which may have been changed or altered who knows how many times.  The story is written to justify genocide.  I'm sure the Nazi's could have come up with a good story to.

Or the story may be accurate as is, to reflect what had been happening to Israel during that time period. Kings don't get stripped of their thrones for SUCCESSFULLY destroying their enemies and walking away with their livestock and gold.

Of course, you still have yet to explain to whom the Israelites are supposedly trying to justify this incident or what alleged consequence they're trying to avoid by doing such (other than being the subject of your ire).

Actions define.  His have defined hypocrisy if taken as the bible being his 100% word.

They do nothing of the sort. His actions define His authority over His creation.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 07:08:13 AM »
Or the story may be accurate as is, to reflect what had been happening to Israel during that time period. Kings don't get stripped of their thrones for SUCCESSFULLY destroying their enemies and walking away with their livestock and gold.

Of course, you still have yet to explain to whom the Israelites are supposedly trying to justify this incident or what alleged consequence they're trying to avoid by doing such (other than being the subject of your ire).

Yeah, according tot he story written thousands of years ago, by primitive people for primitive people.  sure  ::)

But still, even so, doesn't change the crime:  Murdering Children

To whom?  History and themselves.

They do nothing of the sort. His actions define His authority over His creation.

His particular action define his hypocrisy, creator or not.

hypocrisy |hiˈpäkrisē|
noun ( pl. -sies)
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I don't see anything in the definition saying "unless you are the creator of heaven and earth"

You worship a hypocrite that is a salver and a mass murderer.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 07:15:42 AM »
You can't run from it.

CHILDREN WERE MURDERED on GOD's ORDERS

-  It doesn't matter if I adopt AQ kids or not
-  It doesn't matter if God is a hypocrite or not
-  It doesn't matter if I'm a hypocrite of not
-  It doesn't matter if I support abortion or not
-  It doesn't matter if it was a mercy killing or not
-  It doesn't matter if they kept the spoils of Genocide or not

The God you worship MURDERED children.  And has deceived those who follow him that way (the bible being the 100% infallible WOG) into thinking it was justified.  That is not God.  That is Satan. 

That's the saddest and funniest part this whole whole debate, you two (mainly loco's pathetic attempts) presume to dispel my arguments about how's its wrong to murder children by attacking my character?   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:21 AM »
Yeah, according tot he story written thousands of years ago, by primitive people for primitive people.  sure  ::)

But still, even so, doesn't change the crime:  Murdering Children

To whom?  History and themselves.

There's no crime involved, much to dismay of your argument. And, your attempt to insult the ancient Israelites notwithstanding, if this were indeed for "primitive people" by "primitive people", then by those "primitive" rules, what happened to the Amalekites, based on their actions for over three centuries was fair game.

His particular action define his hypocrisy, creator or not.

hypocrisy |hiˈpäkrisē|
noun ( pl. -sies)
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I don't see anything in the definition saying "unless you are the creator of heaven and earth"

You worship a hypocrite that is a salver and a mass murderer.

I missed the part where God was subject to the definitions of a dictionary.

With that said, that definition doesn't fit Him, anyway. As His standards clearly indicate that He punished those to the third and fourth generation (Check the 2nd commandment, which I mentioned a while back).

But to suggest that the Lord has no right to destroy what He created (and what ultimately is His) is downright ridiculous.

You can't run from it.

CHILDREN WERE MURDERED on GOD's ORDERS

-  It doesn't matter if I adopt AQ kids or not
-  It doesn't matter if God is a hypocrite or not
-  It doesn't matter if I'm a hypocrite of not
-  It doesn't matter if I support abortion or not
-  It doesn't matter if it was a mercy killing or not
-  It doesn't matter if they kept the spoils of Genocide or not

The God you worship MURDERED children.  And has deceived those who follow him that way (the bible being the 100% infallible WOG) into thinking it was justified.  That is not God.  That is Satan. 

Hardly!!! There is no deception involved. And, last time I checked, you aren't the referee in this issue (or any other, for that matter).

That's the saddest and funniest part this whole whole debate, you two (mainly loco's pathetic attempts) presume to dispel my arguments about how's its wrong to murder children by attacking my character?   ::)

This coming from someone who accuse me of hating anything Arab and going to church, based on fear of what happened to the Amalekites. What was that you were saying about "hypocrisy" again?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:50 AM »
There's no crime involved, much to dismay of your argument. And, your attempt to insult the ancient Israelites notwithstanding, if this were indeed for "primitive people" by "primitive people", then by those "primitive" rules, what happened to the Amalekites, based on their actions for over three centuries was fair game.

Killing Children is not a crime?   ::)
I missed the part where God was subject to the definitions of a dictionary.

You mean God's actions have no definition?   ::) 

With that said, that definition doesn't fit Him, anyway. As His standards clearly indicate that He punished those to the third and fourth generation (Check the 2nd commandment, which I mentioned a while back).

He punished innocent children by murdering them?   ::)

But to suggest that the Lord has no right to destroy what He created (and what ultimately is His) is downright ridiculous.

To suggest there is no moral accountability on anyone's or any being's actions is ridiculous.   ::)

Hardly!!! There is no deception involved. And, last time I checked, you aren't the referee in this issue (or any other, for that matter).

A good deception appears anything but.
This coming from someone who accuse me of hating anything Arab and going to church, based on fear of what happened to the Amalekites. What was that you were saying about "hypocrisy" again?

Back to attacking me to defect from the murder of children?   ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
Killing Children is not a crime?   ::)
You mean God's actions have no definition?   ::) 

He punished innocent children by murdering them?   ::)

To suggest there is no moral accountability on anyone's or any being's actions is ridiculous.   ::)

One more time, to whom is God supposedly accountable for doing as He sees fit with what is His?

A good deception appears anything but.
Back to attacking me to defect from the murder of children?   ::)

You're the one who did the attacking, by falsely accusing me of hating anything Arab. Then, you start wailing that Loco and I are attacking YOUR character. That would be what you call hypocrisy, since you're so eager to point out alleged examples of such.

[/quote]

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »
One more time, to whom is God supposedly accountable for doing as He sees fit with what is His?

To himself and his creation.  And him "seeing fit" defines his humanity not his divinity.

You're the one who did the attacking, by falsely accusing me of hating anything Arab. Then, you start wailing that Loco and I are attacking YOUR character. That would be what you call hypocrisy, since you're so eager to point out alleged examples of such.

The difference is I'm not doing it to argue the justification of murdering children  ;)

And my attack was based on your statements which i outlined in another post on this thread.

And how did loco start his posts in this thread?

You are such a self-righteous hypocrite. 

And then proceeded to post pictures of late term abortion in another.

Par for the course for him.

GET your facts straight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »
To himself and his creation.  And him "seeing fit" defines his humanity not his divinity.

I beg to differ. His creation understood/understand (well, most of them, anyway  ;D ) that He operates in that manner.

The difference is I'm not doing it to argue the justification of murdering children  ;)

In the realm of your recent hypocrisy craze, that basically makes no difference.

And my attack was based on your statements which i outlined in another post on this thread.

Your outline was most inaccurate. My statements had nothing to do with people being Arab. It had everything to do with their being terrorists, attempting to destroy me and my family/people.

And how did loco start his posts in this thread?

And then proceeded to post pictures of late term abortion in another.

Par for the course for him.

GET your facts straight.

I have them straight.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
I beg to differ. His creation understood/understand (well, most of them, anyway  ;D ) that He operates in that manner.

He operates as a hypocrite and a murderer.  NOT GODLY,  but very manly  ;D

In the realm of your recent hypocrisy craze, that basically makes no difference.

Of course it does, Because I'm sticking to the issue:  Murdering Children.   But from your POV, trying to defend the murder of children, you don't have much choice.

Your outline was most inaccurate. My statements had nothing to do with people being Arab. It had everything to do with their being terrorists, attempting to destroy me and my family/people.

Go back and re-read the exchange.  That's why i said you "suggested".  You weren't direct.  However, what you suggested of yourself was very telling.  I'm convinced you wouldn't just kill a child (unless God ordered you to).  But I'm not convinced you wouldn't kill an innocent child with Hamas parents if provoked.

I have them straight.
Which part do you have straight?   The part where you say:  "You're the one who did the attacking............... Then, you start wailing that Loco and I are attacking YOUR character."

Who entered the discussion starting with a personal attack?

Who suggested they would kill Hamas Children?

Get your facts straight.

And again, the difference is that I'm not using the issues or arguments from these attacks to justify why killing children is wrong. 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2009, 05:04:44 AM »
Never seen a place in the Bible where God instructed someone to take an innocent life, especially, a child. These types of situations can usually be the case of demonic influence or mental illness of some sort. God is not evil. The devil and demons are tho.  :o

GC/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2009, 05:15:33 AM »
[youtube][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYoZKptSDSw/youtube]
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:50 AM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:07 AM »
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 07:12:33 AM »

That's because the "god" in the OT is a insecure ego maniac on a power trip.

And there's people thousands of years later that worship this god who was conjured up in the writings of a insane primitive man.  And these people would kill children on his orders.

If that lady that drown her children was living then a book written by her absolving her from the murder of her children because "god" told her to do it might actually be in the Bible.  Wait!  Not possible because women back then, for the most part, were little more than property and had no intellectual or spiritual value in that society because she's the first one who ate the apple and slept with a snake.   Unless of course they lived for three days in a whale.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »

Excellent!

You gotta be a whack job to worship this.

Right on target!

I wonder where this lady that drowned her children got the idea.........

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
That's because the "god" in the OT is a insecure ego maniac on a power trip.

“Insecure” about what? The Amalekites had over 300 years to repent. An "insecure" God doesn't wait that long to avenge the attacks on His people.

And there's people thousands of years later that worship this god who was conjured up in the writings of a insane primitive man.  And these people would kill children on his orders.

Just as you would destroy your enemies (women, children, and all) for reasons far less than that, as long as you have the option of hiding behind modern weapons.

If that lady that drown her children was living then a book written by her absolving her from the murder of her children because "god" told her to do it might actually be in the Bible.  Wait!  Not possible because women back then, for the most part, were little more than property and had no intellectual or spiritual value in that society because she's the first one who ate the apple and slept with a snake.   Unless of course they lived for three days in a whale.

What in the world was that senseless babble??

Yates would hardly be absolved from what she did. As mentioned earlier, the criteria to determine whether any such order would come from the Lord is EASY TO DETERMINE. What was the sin of these children or their parents? Were the parents given ample time to repent of any such trangression? Did anyone attempt to intercede on the behalf of the accused? And the list goes onward.

God did not tell this woman to kill her children, point blank. To try and equate what Yates did to this issue of the Amalekites (a group of people who raided, pillaged, and looted the Israelites and others without provocation for centuries, with no design on repenting or making amends) is utterly ridiculous.

Your claim about women having no intellectual or spiritual value is also incorrect, at least in the sense that it's not the way God ordered His people to behave. In fact, that's why Israel was BANNED from intermarrying with many of their neighbors. The Israelite men adopted some of their habits, among which was MISTREATING THEIR WOMEN.

And, speaking of "whale", the account to which you're referring makes my earlier point, refuting your claims of an "insecure" God. Jonah ended up in a certain critter's belly for not initially following God's instructions:  To go to Nineveh and give the news of the people's destruction for their assaults on Israel But, unlike the Amalekites, the Ninevites actually repented; and that so-called "insecure ego maniac on a power trip" God.....SPARED THEM ALL.

That actually angered the prophet. Mr. Meanie-"insecure-ego manic" SPARED the people who'd been beating on Israel for years. Jonah wanted fire and brimstone and got PO'ed for not getting it.

Shouldn't the Lord have barbecued those Ninevites, if he's as "insecure" as you claim he is? Why spare them?

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »

Not possible because women back then, for the most part, were little more than property and had no intellectual or spiritual value in that society because she's the first one who ate the apple and slept with a snake.

I wonder sometimes if people are just arguing for the sake of argument. Here is an account where Sarah, Abraham's wife, was granted her request. Ten years after having originally entered Canaan, 75-year-old Sarah requested that Abraham have relations with her Egyptian maidservant Hagar in order to have children from her. (Ge 16:1-3) The resultant difficulties made it apparent that this was not God's way of fulfilling the promise previously made to Abraham concerning the “seed.” (Ge 15:1-16) Becoming aware of her pregnancy, Hagar began despising her mistress. When Sarah voiced complaint, Abraham granted his wife full authority to deal with Hagar as her maidservant. Humiliated by Sarah, Hagar ran away from her mistress but returned in obedience to divine direction, after which she gave birth to Ishmael.(Ge 16:4-16).

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009, 08:15:29 AM »
“Insecure” about what? The Amalekites had over 300 years to repent. An "insecure" God doesn't wait that long to avenge the attacks on His people.

Anyone or being who would tell a father to kill his son as some sort of test to prove faith or loyalty is insecure and should seek conseling if not be institutionalized.  But because God is the creator of heaven and earth, it's ok.   ::)

Just as you would destroy your enemies (women, children, and all) for reasons far less than that, as long as you have the option of hiding behind modern weapons.

There's a difference between war and genocide

There's a difference between collateral damage and walking up to a 3 year old girl and clubbing her until her brains spill out and proceeding to do it to every child in a nation.

There's a difference between unavoidable deaths and avoidable murder.

If you worship the murderous being in the OT, you aren't smart enough to know those differences.  You are only able and willing to kill your son or another child on God's orders.  Because you are taught that blind obedience pleases this God.

What in the world was that senseless babble??

Yates would hardly be absolved from what she did. As mentioned earlier, the criteria to determine whether any such order would come from the Lord is EASY TO DETERMINE. What was the sin of these children or their parents? Were the parents given ample time to repent of any such trangression? Did anyone attempt to intercede on the behalf of the accused? And the list goes onward

The very idea that you could find justification for killing innocent children because of the sins of the parents is disturbing.

Again,  I urge you to seek counseling.

God did not tell this woman to kill her children, point blank.

It doesn't matter if god did or not.  She believed he did and because she was a "blind follower",  who didn't know the difference between right and wrong and believed the INSANE BULL SHIT that God is morally absolved from killing children because he's the creator of heaven and earth. She did in fact kill her children on god's orders. 

To try and equate what Yates did to this issue of the Amalekites (a group of people who raided, pillaged, and looted the Israelites and others without provocation for centuries, with no design on repenting or making amends) is utterly ridiculous.

I'm not equating what Yates did with the Amalikites.  I'm equating what Yates did to what you said you do if God ordered you to.

Your claim about women having no intellectual or spiritual value is also incorrect, at least in the sense that it's not the way God ordered His people to behave. In fact, that's why Israel was BANNED from intermarrying with many of their neighbors. The Israelite men adopted some of their habits, among which was MISTREATING THEIR WOMEN.

Really?  So women in those times had full equal rights in every way that men enjoyed?   ::)

And, speaking of "whale", the account to which you're referring makes my earlier point, refuting your claims of an "insecure" God. Jonah ended up in a certain critter's belly for not initially following God's instructions:  To go to Nineveh and give the news of the people's destruction for their assaults on Israel But, unlike the Amalekites, the Ninevites actually repented; and that so-called "insecure ego maniac on a power trip" God.....SPARED THEM ALL.

And he lived 3 days int eh belly of a whale?   ::)

That actually angered the prophet. Mr. Meanie-"insecure-ego manic" SPARED the people who'd been beating on Israel for years. Jonah wanted fire and brimstone and got PO'ed for not getting it.

Shouldn't the Lord have barbecued those Ninevites, if he's as "insecure" as you claim he is? Why spare them?

Oh BTW,  If you go into a pre school some time and "spare" 99 children but kill one, you are still a child murderer.   ;) ::)

Only the warped would see otherwise.