Author Topic: Question(s) for Johnny Apollo  (Read 28962 times)

snatch_clean

Re: Question(s) for Johnny Apollo
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »
The thing is, if Johnny truly accepted Jesus as Savior, Johnny is saved :D

Now that is a nice grandgfather clause right there. So now if Johhny goes on a murdering rampage killing at will, having sex with cows and horses and stealing lying hurting everything and everyone would he still be saved because he has already checked into the airplane taking him to heaven?

What if someone has taken Jesus into his heart and then goes about killing and murdering in the name of Jesus is he let in?
What about another man who is a philanthropist who does not believe in JC but lives an honest life, pays his taxes, helps his employees is a good father and husband. Someone like Sri Vivekananda whose whole life is one charity and who is a transcendentalist, is he doomed to hell?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »
How could we possibly know the way God judges his own people?  We don't.  We have no idea what his criteria is and what he will truly see when he looks into our heart on judgement day.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 02:21:59 PM »
Quote from: snatch_clean
Now that is a nice grandgfather clause right there. So now if Johhny goes on a murdering rampage killing at will, having sex with cows and horses and stealing lying hurting everything and everyone would he still be saved because he has already checked into the airplane taking him to heaven?

What if someone has taken Jesus into his as$ and then goes about killing and murdering in the name of Jesus is he let in?
What about another man who is a philanthropist who does not believe in JFC but lives an honest life, pays his taxes, helps his employees is a good father and husband. Someone like Sri Vivekananda whose whole life is one charity and who is a transcendentalist, is he doomed to hell?

Yeah, I have issues with stuff like that too, SC.  But I know that's the "fleshly" side of who I am and not the spiritual person that God asks us to be.  The fallable human side of me thinks it's totally unfair that people someone could go on a crazy killing spree (Ted Bundy for example) yet if he truly repents for his ways, God is gracious enough to forgive him and could even do a work in his heart to bring others to Christ.  But it's not that hard to conceive when you read in the Bible that Saul/later to be name Paul the Apostle would do this very thing.  He persecuted Christians like you and Johnny Apollo love to do verbally.  Yet Paul goes on to be the greatest advocate for Christ.  He was the "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" kinda guy.  Still, the mortal aspect of who I am things it SUCKS that people with crackpipe ideologies like you and Johnny Apollo get to go to heaven should you ultimately come to know and accept Christ as your Lord and Savior.  But thankfully, I don't get to choose who goes to heaven.  God does not want anyone to condemn themselves ('cause that's what you're doing if you don't choose Himm) to hell. 

The parable of the worker in Matthew 20 is another good example of how gracious God is towards all.  And I hear you when you speak of the man who does good things all his life, yet is condemned to hell should he not accept Christ.  Matthew 19 has a great parable of a rich man who had followed all the laws, was a good person, yet he had not accepted Christ fully.  He was too proud (JA- I'm thinking of you right now, bro) to let go of his money (or knowledge in yours or JA's case) and walked away, because he didn't want to give up everything. 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 06:34:19 PM »
Where you place your treasures is where you will find your heart.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 06:39:35 PM »
Hi Johnny.  Thanks for answering questions.

I have another for you that I asked before but didn't see your response if you did answer my question.

You implied that Christianity and religion are nonsense on another thread.

My question is:

Why do you spend so much time thinking about and posting about Christianity and religion if you believe they are nonsense?
R

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »
I think he was hurt....

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 08:46:03 PM »
My question is:

Why do you spend so much time thinking about and posting about Christianity and religion if you believe they are nonsense?

STella it's like this:
I used to sell expensive vacuums door to door. A lot of people bought them. But every once in awhile you get a customer who got bad service and will do ANYTHING to make sure other people don't have the same thing happen. Of course there are others that have gotten great service and recommend the cleaner.

Johnny is the guy who got BAD SERVICE! ;D

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 08:23:09 AM »
Hi Johnny.  Thanks for answering questions.

I have another for you that I asked before but didn't see your response if you did answer my question.

You implied that Christianity and religion are nonsense on another thread.

My question is:

Because religion is dangerous. Case in point September 11th 2001. This was due to religion. Over 2,000 people died because of religion and it's nonsense.

Religion isn't based on a foundation of logic and reason so the people who believe in it by definition aren't logical or reasonable. You could even say they are mentaly ill. Religion is like neurosis. Anyone who believes in some magical being who made the world and watches over us all and believes some old book which is actually composed of dozens of books by various random authors is the "word of God" CAN'T be sane!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 08:28:06 AM »
So really, your issue is with Religion, and not GOD. 

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 08:40:25 AM »
So really, your issue is with Religion, and not GOD. 

By definition belief in a GOD is defined as religion.

Any belief in a supernatural power which controls human destiny is a religion. A "God" would be such a belief. Well the Christian,Jewish,Muslim God atleast.
Deism probably isn't a religion since the God in deism doesn't interfere with humans.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »

By definition belief in a GOD is defined as religion.

Any belief in a supernatural power which controls human destiny is a religion. A "God" would be such a belief. Well the Christian,Jewish,Muslim God atleast.
Deism probably isn't a religion since the God in deism doesn't interfere with humans.
Okay, if that's true why isn't Witchery a "religion"? It's considered more of a CULT. Just my 2 cents.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »
Okay, if that's true why isn't Witchery a "religion"? It's considered more of a CULT. Just my 2 cents.

It is. It's called "Wicca".

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »
Sorry, JA, but you keep trying to put God in a box.  Can't be done, bro.  Try as you might, you can't do it. 

And I think we're finally getting somewhere.  You've just got some serious hang-ups about religion, which tells me the source of your anger probably starts there.  Again, so what happened?  You've conveniently said that you don't remember when you "finally figured that this was all bull."  Have you just tried to block it all out in your crusade against Christianity? 

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »
Sorry, JA, but you keep trying to put God in a box.  Can't be done, bro.  Try as you might, you can't do it. 

And I think we're finally getting somewhere.  You've just got some serious hang-ups about religion, which tells me the source of your anger probably starts there.  Again, so what happened?  You've conveniently said that you don't remember when you "finally figured that this was all bull."  Have you just tried to block it all out in your crusade against Christianity? 

The only one putting an omnipotent being in a "Box" is you with your illogical mumbo jumbo trying to get out of the fallacies of christianity.

You state that starvation and pain and suffering exist in this world because 2 people 6,000 years ago "sinned"? And God can't fix that? If THAT isn't putting "God in a box" I don't know what the fuck is.

You state that "God works in mysterious ways" when you see bad things happening to good people. THAT isn't putting "God in a box"?

The only one putting "God in a box" would be YOU. I on the other hand realize that a "God" if such a thing existed could do ANYTHING to make the world better and if it were moral WOULD do everything to make the world better. In short if a god exists and it were a moral god,The world would not be anything like it is today.

You're limiting the power of omnipotent beings by trying to make them fit into the description in some ancient manuscripts written by goat herders 2,000 years ago! Don't talk to me about "putting god in a box" when I put absolutely no limits on the potential power of omnipotent beings.

Secondly my "hang ups" about religion stem from study into religion. I KNOW alot about religion therefor I realize it's dangerous. Christianity=Religion wether you like it or not. You are so blinded by your dogma you can't see how absurd and illogical and potentially dangerous religion actually is.
I don't know the exact date I realized religion is nonsense as I stated before. It was a gradual process. Detailed investigation into theology and history and science led me to realize religion/spiritual beliefs are absurd.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »
Quote from: Johnny Apollo

The only one putting an omnipotent being in a "Box" is you with your illogical mumbo jumbo trying to get out of the fallacies of christianity.

You state that starvation and pain and suffering exist in this world because 2 people 6,000 years ago "sinned"? And God can't fix that? If THAT isn't putting "God in a box" I don't know what the f**k is.

You state that "God works in mysterious ways" when you see bad things happening to good people. THAT isn't putting "God in a box"?

The only one putting "God in a box" would be YOU. I on the other hand realize that a "God" if such a thing existed could do ANYTHING to make the world better and if it were moral WOULD do everything to make the world better. In short if a god exists and it were a moral god,The world would not be anything like it is today.

You're limiting the power of omnipotent beings by trying to make them fit into the description in some ancient manuscripts written by goat herders 2,000 years ago! Don't talk to me about "putting god in a box" when I put absolutely no limits on the potential power of omnipotent beings.

Secondly my "hang ups" about religion stem from study into religion. I KNOW alot about religion therefor I realize it's dangerous. Christianity=Religion wether you like it or not. You are so blinded by your dogma you can't see how absurd and illogical and potentially dangerous religion actually is.
I don't know the exact date I realized religion is nonsense as I stated before. It was a gradual process. Detailed investigation into theology and history and science led me to realize religion/spiritual beliefs are absurd.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AWWWWWWWWWWWWWN  ::)

yada yada yada

Yes, JA, you are correct.  Christianity=Religion.  But your genius-like mind still doesn't comprehend that Religion<>God.  Nice try, bro.   ;)

<> means not equal....

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »

It is. It's called "Wicca".
So it's a "religion" by your definition?

Any belief in a supernatural power which controls human destiny is a religion.
Thoughts?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
So it's a "religion" by your definition?
 Thoughts?

Wicca n. A polytheistic Neo-Pagan nature religion inspired by various pre-Christian western European beliefs, whose central deity is a mother.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
Wicca n. A polytheistic Neo-Pagan nature religion inspired by various pre-Christian western European beliefs, whose central deity is a mother.

Maybe I meant WITCHCRAFT. :)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 11:59:08 AM »
Maybe I meant WITCHCRAFT. :)

Witches practice Witchcraft.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »
Any belief in a supernatural power which controls human destiny is a religion.
Witchcraft!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »
Tell me, what do you do with witches?  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

You're limiting the power of omnipotent beings by trying to make them fit into the description in some ancient manuscripts written by goat herders 2,000 years ago!

Hmmm.  Do you think every book of the bible was written by goatherders?

I don't think your "detailed investigation into theology and history" was very thorough :-\
R

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »
Tell me, what do you do with witches?  :)

Exodus 22:18 "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 09:58:03 AM »

Exodus 22:18 "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

*Sigh*

The proper reply is burn them, Nazi-Bot.

I guess you have never watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail since you were to busy attending Hitler Youth Group meetings.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »
Quote from: w8tlftr
*Sigh*

The proper reply is burn them, Nazi-Bot.

I guess you have never watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail since you were to busy attending Hitler Youth Group meetings.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA