Author Topic: To All the "Science People" On The Board  (Read 14060 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: To All the "Science People" On The Board
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 10:35:51 PM »

He orders people to kill in the bible.

He kills millions himself in the bible.

He orders torture in the bible.

He condones slavery in the bible.

Why wouldn't he let people burn for all eternity in hellfire?

The Old testament was brutal.  He did displace other nations so his chosen people at the time, and all other nations could see him as the Almighty God.   Jesus wasnt to come to the earth for awhile, and life was hard with the mosaic law and all.  But theres a big difference in dying and burning in hell forever (regarding those killed in war)

The new testament changed all that.  The mosaic law was done away with by Jesus, with the command to Love your neighbor as yourself.......this would sum up the 10 commandments.
Now swords would be beaten into plowshares......quite a difference for the israelites at the time...could be why they killed him.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 10:46:04 PM »
Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 
16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame
16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Is this metaphorical too? Seems pretty straight foward to me.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 10:56:29 PM »

Is this metaphorical too? Seems pretty straight foward to me.

Yes it is. Ill get to it tomorrow....its late.   Remember to take the bible as a whole...it cant contradict itself.   Thats a common scripture to represent hellfire, but theres an easy explanation.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »
Yes it is. Ill get to it tomorrow....its late.   Remember to take the bible as a whole...it cant contradict itself.   Thats a common scripture to represent hellfire, but theres an easy explanation.

It's too straight foward to be metaphorical. Obviously the author meant it to be taken literally.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 08:37:45 AM »
Remember to take the bible as a whole...it cant contradict itself.

A whole is the some of all it's parts....  There are many parts that contradict themselves.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »
The holy spirit plays like a donkey.  Jesus keeps trying to bet him out and he stays in only to suck out a runner runner flush.

The holy spirit gets so lucky too as he periodically goes all in with unsuited dolly partons and flops a full house.

Jesus won't play with him anymore and only plays on partypoker.com under the name "IforgiveJohnnyApollo666."

{LOL} OsmO, now you're making me itch for some poker.

I wanna get together with you & OldSchool for a good online game of Texas Hold 'em. Whaddya say?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 01:34:16 PM »
I wanna get together with you & OldSchool for a good online game of Texas Hold 'em. Whaddya say?

I'm all in!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 01:35:47 PM »
I'm all in!

:D  Do you have Skype?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V