Author Topic: Keep negativity out of this thread : Why does not God just up and show himself.  (Read 7176 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!

but maybe "God" really doesn't give a shit about whether you believe in him, TA.

i know he dosen't..he seemsnot to give a rats ass when millions die..so who the fuck am i.and you believe and worship such a god??  :-\

but the Prime Mover (or whatever) of the Universe probably has bigger things on his/its plate. the Universe is huge and ancient and we're very small and insignificant in so many ways. even in the evolutionary sense.

soo god is NOT powerfull enough to take care of the universe and see to small things at the same time...did not know there were boundries to what god can do...i'm learning though...

but then again, they say that when a butterfly flaps its wings in China, it can cause a typhoon in the Southern Ocean.

the butterfly effect is scientifically viable
newtons law = for every action..there is an equal and opposite reaction.
carpe` vaginum!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V

i know he dosen't..he seemsnot to give a rats ass when millions die..so who the f**k am i.and you believe and worship such a god??  :-\
I am in awe of whoever created the universe, and that has something to do with my going to church. As a human being, i also crave a personal connection with God . . . and (wanting) to believe in Christ seems to stem from that desire.  Unfortunately, I think a lot of religious leaders take advantage of people's desire for a personal God. Your thread is evidence of this desire . . . in you.

soo god is NOT powerfull enough to take care of the universe and see to small things at the same time...did not know there were boundries to what god can do...i'm learning though...

I don't think it's a question of power . . . it's more a question of perspective. God sees the end of time . . . we're worried about stuff that is ephemeral. Human suffering is a big deal to us . . . but from another perspective it might just be a necessary part of some greater scheme. From the Bible: "My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways"

the butterfly effect is scientifically viable
newtons law = for every action..there is an equal and opposite reaction.

??? if a butterfly flapping its wings results in a hurricane somewhere, that implies that the effect of each action is amplified, and not a mere reaction. Like the line from Gladiator: What we do in life echoes in eternity.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
I don't think it's a question of power . . . it's more a question of perspective. God sees the end of time . . . we're worried about stuff that is ephemeral. Human suffering is a big deal to us . . . but from another perspective it might just be a necessary part of some greater scheme.

thats my point dude...god cant see our prespective ????? i mean...he's god...
carpe` vaginum!