Author Topic: Pat Robertsen, the new Mr. Olympia???  (Read 6457 times)

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Pat Robertsen, the new Mr. Olympia???
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:14:02 PM »
Claims to have leg pressed 2000 lbs!!! Must have been with the help of G-d.... ::)

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060526/D8HRO5SO0.html

or down on the right side of www.drudgereport.com

With video too!!! http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.asp

Thou shalt not lie!!!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Pat Robertsen, the new Mr. Olympia???
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »
why do you say G-d?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:25:22 PM »
cuz jews dont put the o in God..apparently thats because the reverse ordered word for God would be dog.
Interesting that his username is "Old Pig"   ;D ;D ;D
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »
no it's because of something really really stupid. they eliminated the real name of God from the Hebrew Bible and THEN they deicide that God's name is GOD or LORD and since the 3rd commandment is (according to them) don't use the LORD's name in vain they even stopped saying God so they say G-d. My question is why did Old Pig say G-d? I already know why some jews don't use it. Hey jews your Bible says YHWH for God not LORD or GOD.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »
that doesnt make any sense  ??? I want a clear answer damn you  >:(
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:36:27 PM »
about what? about why the jews say G-d? That IS the answer and YES it doesn't make sense but what can you do?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
why does it matter whether u refer to God as God, Lord, yahweh, Allah, Elohem, etc etc  ??? If the commandment is not to use Gods name in vain, then that just means we shouldnt use his name in vain, why it would matter whether u refer to him as God or yahweh is whats getting me confused  :-\
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 07:59:18 PM »
well if the jews believe their own scripture then they should use the real name because that's the name that their God called himself. Exodus 3:15 says "And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."    Exodus 9:16 says "but in very deed for this cause have I made thee to stand, to show thee my power, and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth."

That's beside the point though. I was just explaining the logic behind the use of G-d. It's because I guess to them now God is God's name and they believe it should not be spoken though their own Bible teaches the opposite.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:08:11 PM »
wait, is it you who is saying that god shouldnt be called God or is it the jews?

help me out here bro, Im getting confused  :-\
follow the arrows

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »
Elohim.....   start there.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 08:18:44 PM »
MY belief is to use the name of God. I say Jehovah because it is the popular english transliteration but Yaweh and Yehawah are also ways to say it. Those jews believe that the name of God shouldn't be spoken AND that the word GOD shouldn't be spoken. That's where G-d comes from.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »
Elohim.....   start there.
huh?

MY belief is to use the name of God. I say Jehovah because it is the popular english transliteration but Yaweh and Yehawah are also ways to say it. Those jews believe that the name of God shouldn't be spoken AND that the word GOD shouldn't be spoken. That's where G-d comes from.
God, Allah, Lord, Elohim, Rab, Khuda ooooooooo am i going to hell now?  :P
follow the arrows

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:27 PM »
huh?
God, Allah, Lord, Elohim, Rab, Khuda ooooooooo am i going to hell now?  :P

The Elohim

For the ancient Hebrews "divinities (elohim) dwelt in nature and in the sky. Different tribes each had particular deities who were especially concerned with their affairs."
     - Ninian Smart, The Religious Experience of Mankind

"...The geologist Christian O'Brien argued that these [ancient Hebrew and Sumerian] texts describe a race of beings called Shining Ones - his translation of the Hebrew word Elohim. These beings created modern humans from earlier human forms by genetic manipulation. Some of these beings, called Watchers, mated with humans, and this was considered a crime by the Shining Ones. One of the Watchers was named Shemjaza, and Yahweh was one of the Shining Ones. O'Brien argued that the Shining Ones were superior but mortal beings of unknown origin."
     - Richard L. Thompson, Alien Identities - Ancient Insights into Modern UFO Phenomena

"When the gods created Mankind
    Death for Mankind they allotted,
    Life they retained in their own keeping."
         - The Epic of Gilgamesh

"The Elohim originally included not only foreign superstitious forms, but also all that host of Heaven which was revealed in poetry to the shepherds of the desert, now as an encampment of warriors, nor as careering in chariots of fire, and now as winged messengers, ascending and descending the vault of Heaven, to communicate the will of God to mankind."
     - General Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...."
         - Genesis 1:26

"In the clay god and Man shall be bound, to a unity brought together;
    So that to the end of days
    the Flesh and the Soul
    which in a god have ripened -
    that Soul in a blood-kinship be bound."
         - Sumerian creation story, Encyclopedia Britannica

The creators (Elohim) outline in the second hour 'the shape of a more corporeal form of man. They separate it into two and prepare the sexes to become distinct from each other. Such is the way the Elohim proceeded in reference to every created thing."
     - Eliphas Levi, The Nuctameron of the Hebrews

"...The androgynous constitution of the Elohim is disclosed in the next verse, where he (referring to God) is said to have created man in his own image, male and female; or, more properly, as the division of the sexes had not yet taken place, male-female....This definitive reference to a humanity existing prior to the 'creation of man' described in Genesis must be evident to the most casual reader of Scripture."
     - Manly P. Hall, Masonic, Hermetic, Quabbalistic & Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy

"...The sons of gods (bene ha-elohim) saw the daughters of men that they were fair..."
         - Genesis 6:2a

"Other Elohim are occasionally mentioned throughout the older parts of the Old Testament. The most important of them is Baal, usually translated as the Owner. In the Canaan of the times, there were many Owners, one to each village, in the same way that many Catholic cities today have their own Virgin Marys, and yet they are all the same one."
     - Julian Jaynes, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind

Not all scholars accept the plural nature of the Elohim.
"Biblical Hebrew occasionally employs something scholars call the 'majestic plural'. In effect it is a plural ending added to a deity's name to confer status or majesty. In the Old Testament the best example is Elohim which does not mean 'the gods' but is rather the god El with the majestic plural im appended."
     - David M. Rohl, A Test of Time: The Bible from Myth to History (1993), p. 228

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »
ok I did read all that (seriously ;D), which is really new material to me. My previous understanding of the word elohim/eloha was that it is the word from which the word Allah comes. Allah, or al-ilah(literal translation "The God") was the high god, supreme being, which the pagan arabs believed was the same Omnipotent God that christians and jews worshipped.
I'm not sure if Allah really was the exact word arab jews/christians used 1400 years ago, but "Allah" IS how Arab christians refer to God.
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 08:38:14 PM »
Allah is a word that means God. Eloim and eloah is God in Hebrew. The former is in the plural sense. But the given name of God in the Bible commonly known in english as Yaweh or Jehovah means "He that causes to become" reffering to being the only God that can do ANYTHING he wants.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »
Its such a useless debate really.. In Islam we can refer to God in literally 100 ways, Allah is just the standard that is used in the Quran to avoid confusion and create 'unification', atleast in my opinion.

See, God is universal, atleast in the context of Abrahamic faith. God is God, there is only one so how u refer to him should be of concern to anyone, and to claim monopoly over his name is utter stupidity/arrogance/bigotry/etc.
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 08:57:47 PM »
it's pretty simple. some have that opinion and i'm not coming down on that EXEPT that the G-d thing is pretty dumb. BUT if you're one that claims to believe in the bible then using God's name is part of what the book teaches. It's very clear.

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 04:25:53 AM »
cuz jews dont put the o in God..apparently thats because the reverse ordered word for God would be dog.
Interesting that his username is "Old Pig"   ;D ;D ;D

Now, this got off on the wrong foot or whatever. Don't focus on the use of G-d or God or Lord, focus on Robertson's claim to leg press 2000 lbs.

and, by the way, i'm an atheist.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 06:24:15 AM »
yea... and for the record. it's not true... no way that guy presses 2000.

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 06:55:58 AM »
yea... and for the record. it's not true... no way that guy presses 2000.

it was mentioned on MSNBC this morning too. CBN - Christian Broadcasting Network - claims he made the feat in 2003. How old is the geezer??? ok, born on 3/22/1930 (wikipedia) - so at the advanced age of 73, he squeezes out a few reps with 2000 lbs???

me thinks he's pulling a li'l white lie on us!!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »
a bright neon pink hahaha lie. It's IMPOSSIBLE!

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 06:42:59 PM »
a bright neon pink hahaha lie. It's IMPOSSIBLE!

tell me it ain't so!!? he is, after all, a good christian, a great fearless leader and people like him would NEVER lie???

on a serious note - how much would Ronnie Coleman presss?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »
ronnie did like 2200 pounds or so in his vid for like 20 reps, not that they were full reps or anything but amazing to see nevertheless.
Also, Pat Robertson is a deluded douchebag.
follow the arrows