Author Topic: WWE Super Showdown: Oldberg Downs Creepy Clown for Universal Title  (Read 11738 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And apparently they aren’t planning a rematch, because once the match was over (in all of 5 minutes), they gave Mr. Spear the blue belt, instead of the creepy-clown custom belt that Wyatt brought to the ring.

Based on Smackdown highlights, Wyatt is getting John Cena at WrestleMania, instead. Didn’t they fight six years ago?

And in the battle of the spears, it’s Goldberg and Reigns at ‘Mania for the blue belt.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: WWE Super Showdown: Oldberg Downs Creepy Clown for Universal Title
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:58:01 AM »
What a debacle that was....at least let them have a match. That jackhammer was so half assed it wasn't even funny. Terrible on WWE creative. 3 months ago, a chair shot couldn't hurt the Fiend. Now 3 spears and a jackhammer finished him?  :D :D :D

Another terrible set up was how the Fiend interrupted Cena on Smackdown and pointed to the sign...at least have the Fiend attack Cena and make it a worth while story line. So it looks like we are guaranteed:

Reigns vs Goldberg for the Smackdown title
Cena vs The Fiend
Charlotte vs Ria Ripley
Orton vs Edge
Undertaker vs A.J Styles
Lesner vs Drew M for the Universal Title

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
What a debacle that was....at least let them have a match. That jackhammer was so half assed it wasn't even funny. Terrible on WWE creative. 3 months ago, a chair shot couldn't hurt the Fiend. Now 3 spears and a jackhammer finished him?  :D :D :D

It didn't "finish" him; as they had the Fiend pop up right after the pinfall (rather than writhe in pain after the match). If the gist is the old "you just have to keep him down for three seconds" routine, you could simply have Goldberg school-boy the Field...maybe after a failed Sister Abigail move.

And, as stated earlier, they could have AT LEAST given Goldberg the creepy-clown belt (the same way that Undertaker or Mankind walked away with Austin's smoking-skull belt, after defeating the Rattlesnake for the WWF title).

That way,  it doesn't look as if The Fiend has just been pushed to the side, ala Kofi Kingston (though Wyatt got nearly three minutes more than Kingston did against Lesnar).

Another terrible set up was how the Fiend interrupted Cena on Smackdown and pointed to the sign...at least have the Fiend attack Cena and make it a worth while story line. So it looks like we are guaranteed:

Cena vs The Fiend
Charlotte vs Ria Ripley
Orton vs Edge
Undertaker vs A.J Styles

Don't forget Lesnar vs McIntyre for the WWE World title. Of course, WWE may pull a pity move to put Goldberg in the main event, by having his Universal title match with Reigns go last. I doubt that, however, seeing as Lesnar and McIntyre are Raw guys. Usually, when a Raw guy wins the Rumble, his world title match goes last.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »
Absolute debacle. Saw the replays of the event and i couldn't wrap my head around why in the world Vince would put the strap on a 53 year man who can barely go 5 minutes in a match. I don't blame Goldberg. I'm sure he's being paid well but doesn't he have any pride left? Does he really think he still comes across as a believable bad ass? Time to hang it up, dude.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »
Absolute debacle. Saw the replays of the event and i couldn't wrap my head around why in the world Vince would put the strap on a 53 year man who can barely go 5 minutes in a match. I don't blame Goldberg. I'm sure he's being paid well but doesn't he have any pride left? Does he really think he still comes across as a believable bad ass? Time to hang it up, dude.

The conventional wisdom is that Goldberg vs. Reigns draws more money than Wyatt vs. Reigns, for WrestleMania 36. Plus, they think they can  up Wyatt's status by having him beat/retire Cena at 'Mania.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 06:05:12 PM »
The conventional wisdom is that Goldberg vs. Reigns draws more money than Wyatt vs. Reigns, for WrestleMania 36. Plus, they think they can  up Wyatt's status by having him beat/retire Cena at 'Mania.

It's pathetic to have him as the champion. He's not even going to defend it between now and Wrestlemania. Absolute joke putting the strap on these part time wrestlers.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 04:55:50 AM »
It didn't "finish" him; as they had the Fiend pop up right after the pinfall (rather than writhe in pain after the match). If the gist is the old "you just have to keep him down for three seconds" routine, you could simply have Goldberg school-boy the Field...maybe after a failed Sister Abigail move.

And, as stated earlier, they could have AT LEAST given Goldberg the creepy-clown belt (the same way that Undertaker or Mankind walked away with Austin's smoking-skull belt, after defeating the Rattlesnake for the WWF title).

That way,  it doesn't look as if The Fiend has just been pushed to the side, ala Kofi Kingston (though Wyatt got nearly three minutes more than Kingston did against Lesnar).

Don't forget Lesnar vs McIntyre for the WWE World title. Of course, WWE may pull a pity move to put Goldberg in the main event, by having his Universal title match with Reigns go last. I doubt that, however, seeing as Lesnar and McIntyre are Raw guys. Usually, when a Raw guy wins the Rumble, his world title match goes last.

Right now the fued / match I am interested in is Orton vs Edge. This is heating up really well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »
It's pathetic to have him as the champion. He's not even going to defend it between now and Wrestlemania. Absolute joke putting the strap on these part time wrestlers.

I think they'll have Oldberg squash somebody on Smackdown or Elimination chamber between now and 'Mania, maybe Corbin or AJ Styles.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 05:10:53 AM »
This is all getting silly now...Vince should just postpone Wrestlemania period. Having it at the performance center is absolutely Ludacris. All that gate money lost, special mania entrances by certain wrestlers gone, no fans, just ridiculous.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 07:00:26 AM »
This is all getting silly now...Vince should just postpone Wrestlemania period. Having it at the performance center is absolutely Ludacris. All that gate money lost, special mania entrances by certain wrestlers gone, no fans, just ridiculous.
ITS LIKE A DRESS REHEARSAL..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 05:13:02 PM »

Indeed! It's not as if there's some other major PPV that would suffer. Most people don't care about the PPVs between 'Mania and SummerSlam, anyway. So a former "In-Your-House" event gets bumped....BIG WHOOP!!!

Besides, I want to see how WWE uses the Bucs' pirate ship during the event.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
time to cancel dana brooke and rey misterio both tested positive for corona virus.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
just heard the oldberg vs, reigns match is off due to reigns weakened immune system.
F

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 11:41:35 PM »
Cena vs The Fiend
Charlotte vs Ria Ripley
Orton vs Edge
Undertaker vs A.J Styles
Lesner vs Drew M for the Universal Title

These just suck.  Goldberg shouldn't even be in a ring.  Reigns is being used to carry the belt for whatever reason, as we all know Goldberg will lose it.

Cena and Fiend are both good workers, but together they just don't gel.  There is no heat there.  They will have an uninspiring match.

Who cares on the womens match?

Orton is just lackluster as hell.  He gets to main event or semi main event status and then disappears.  Reappears and they start him off with another big push again... he flounders and disappears.... reappears and rinse and repeat.  He is one dimensional and it got old like, 10  years ago.

Why the fuck they parading that old fossil UT out again?  WM is over for him.  But yet he still has to drag his ass around and interject himself in a match once  a year.  We will get that limp ass ring rope walk, the "stay down" yelling (as if anyone ever listened to that),  that god awful over the top rope dive attempt and the rest of the time him crawling around on his knees trying not to look like a damn out of shape windbag.  AJ Styles is doing him a favor and will carry him.  Why AJ agreed to this match, I don't know.  I guess Vince didn't give him a choice.

Lesnar is the only thing that the WWE is doing right at this point.  He is the champ.  He doens't need to wrestle every Monday night.  And thank god they did away with those stupid championship matches that were fatal four ways or triple threats or other hokey crap.  Only one man can be the champ.  The match should be one on one, may the best or most cunning man walk out with the belt.  That is how a championship of value is decided.  None of this shit where it is four men in there and the man who gets pinned to end the match isn't even the champ.  What kind of champ are you if you win the belt while two other guys are beating on him too?  Drew is ok.  One trick pony here.  They should have groomed him for a long IC run.  But at this point, there isn't anyone else for Brock to beat senseless. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
These just suck.  Goldberg shouldn't even be in a ring.  Reigns is being used to carry the belt for whatever reason, as we all know Goldberg will lose it.

Cena and Fiend are both good workers, but together they just don't gel.  There is no heat there.  They will have an uninspiring match.

Who cares on the womens match?

Orton is just lackluster as hell.  He gets to main event or semi main event status and then disappears.  Reappears and they start him off with another big push again... he flounders and disappears.... reappears and rinse and repeat.  He is one dimensional and it got old like, 10  years ago.

Why the fuck they parading that old fossil UT out again?  WM is over for him.  But yet he still has to drag his ass around and interject himself in a match once  a year.  We will get that limp ass ring rope walk, the "stay down" yelling (as if anyone ever listened to that),  that god awful over the top rope dive attempt and the rest of the time him crawling around on his knees trying not to look like a damn out of shape windbag.  AJ Styles is doing him a favor and will carry him.  Why AJ agreed to this match, I don't know.  I guess Vince didn't give him a choice.

Lesnar is the only thing that the WWE is doing right at this point.  He is the champ.  He doens't need to wrestle every Monday night.  And thank god they did away with those stupid championship matches that were fatal four ways or triple threats or other hokey crap.  Only one man can be the champ.  The match should be one on one, may the best or most cunning man walk out with the belt.  That is how a championship of value is decided.  None of this shit where it is four men in there and the man who gets pinned to end the match isn't even the champ.  What kind of champ are you if you win the belt while two other guys are beating on him too?  Drew is ok.  One trick pony here.  They should have groomed him for a long IC run.  But at this point, there isn't anyone else for Brock to beat senseless. 

Why is Charlotte Flair wasting her title shot from winning the Rumble on the NXT belt? That makes no sense at all.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 04:52:38 AM »
Why is Charlotte Flair wasting her title shot from winning the Rumble on the NXT belt? That makes no sense at all.

She's done it all...plus her talent will help bring new matches into the light and also help the talent at NXT shine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 01:49:05 PM »
She's done it all...plus her talent will help bring new matches into the light and also help the talent at NXT shine.

She could have done that, by having the NXT girl bumped to the main roster and snatch the Smackdown title from Bayley.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 11:44:36 AM »
She could have done that, by having the NXT girl bumped to the main roster and snatch the Smackdown title from Bayley.
I'm getting tired of Baley too...the belt needs to change like...now...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 11:54:29 AM »
I'm getting tired of Baley too...the belt needs to change like...now...

And that's why having that one girl brought to the main roster to beat Bayley before 'Mania, or having Flair beat Bayley at 'Mania, would have made sense.

Instead, Flair wastes her Rumble title shot on the NXT women's title. That would be like McIntyre challenging Adam Cole (or whoever it is) for the NXT men's title instead of Lesnar or Goldberg for the World or Universal title (respectively).