Author Topic: The Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory (aka The Big Lie)  (Read 220108 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: The Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 10:39:30 AM »
even more simple

when you post a quote also post a link to the source

you're already there at the source copying your quote so just copy the link too

I'm going to assume you pulled a quote out of context thus totally meaningless

It's their own introductory paragraph.  You should recognize that without trouble.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 10:46:17 AM »
It's their own introductory paragraph.  You should recognize that without trouble.

can't be bothered

again less work for you to post the link since you're already there copying the quote

just going to assume you pulled it out of context for some reason

I know everyone here ignores the rules, including the Mods most of the time

Forum Rules:

Quoting Sources:  If your thread or post uses material created from another source, you must provide a link to the source.  Do not post full articles; only copy a portion of the source material with a link to read the rest.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 10:58:49 AM »
can't be bothered

again less work for you to post the link since you're already there copying the quote

just going to assume you pulled it out of context for some reason

I know everyone here ignores the rules, including the Mods most of the time

Of course you will.  That's the problem.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »

Yes, the Hillary email scandal LOOKED bad , and it was investigated.
Like it or not , it didn't rise to the level of a criminal act.

Now, the dems are chomping at the bit to nail Trump on Russian collusion or obstruction of justice.
So far, it looks bad and it's being investigated.
Despite all the media coverage, we've got a ways to go before Trump's declared guilty of a crime.

The founding fathers set the standard high before we convict a sec of state or impeach & convict a President .

I suggest every American  remember THAT, before they rush to judgment.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 11:10:50 AM »
And BTW, I did link it with the mention of Time.  I met the definition of that word.

But if you think I'm going to give even a hint of some endorsement or support for one of the worst offenders in MSM (Time) you can think again.  And you shouldn't accept Time's version of anything, as being the whole story or even vaguely the truth.  Put in the effort or don't bother reading any of it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 11:40:43 AM »

Now, the dems are chomping at the bit to nail Trump on Russian collusion or obstruction of justice.
So far, it looks bad and it's being investigated.
Despite all the media coverage, we've got a ways to go before Trump's declared guilty of a crime.

The founding fathers set the standard high before we convict a sec of state or impeach & convict a President .

I suggest every American  remember THAT, before they rush to judgment.

She lied to congress, that in itself is a crime. We can start there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »
Obviously, Hildabeast and hubby slick Willy have pulled some shady shit.
To me the worst was when Bill boarded the plane to talk to AG Lynch as Hillary was being investigated.

BUT, her crooked crap doesn't make Trump less crooked on the Russia collusion.

It's like me saying I have a good record on marital success because Trump's been married 3 times. ;D

What "Russia collusion" are you talking about?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 12:52:08 PM »
LOL it's cnn

won't read.

I'm on CNN's site all the time.  One of the ways you can determine how biased and dishonest the media is, is by reading what they put out as news.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »

So far, it looks bad and it's being investigated

Again, what "Russian collusion" are you talking about?

What "obstruction of justice" are you talking about?

How can something "look bad" if you cannot identify a crime, who committed it, or the purported evidence showing a crime was committed? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »
Of course you will.  That's the problem.

what else should I do since you couldn't be bothered to post a link even though you were right there copying the  text

I went here (www.time.com)and didn't see it so I have to assume you took it out of context and didn't post the link for some reason

good work

I did find this link on their home page
Poll: 54% of Americans Believe President Trump Is Abusing His Power
http://time.com/4792782/donald-trump-quinnipiac-poll-abusing-power-james-comey/?xid=homepage

see how easy it is to post a link

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
I'm on CNN's site all the time.  One of the ways you can determine how biased and dishonest the media is, is by reading what they put out as news.  

very true, even more so for Faux News

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
what else should I do since you couldn't be bothered to post a link even though you were right there copying the  text

I went here (www.time.com)and didn't see it so I have to assume you took it out of context and didn't post the link for some reason

good work

http://time.com/4792782/donald-trump-quinnipiac-poll-abusing-power-james-comey/?xid=homepage

Specifically how is he abusing his power? Do you think Obama abused his power?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »

good work

I can't believe you today.  Good weed??

Those words call Time as the first result.  That's what I'm telling you.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »
Here is an interdasting read from the AP:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_CZECH_US_RUSSIAN_HACKER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-30-14-55-17

Most Notably:

Nikulin's defense lawyers have said the U.S. charges were based on one FBI agent, and suggested the U.S. was seeking him for political reasons - to use him as a pawn in the investigation into alleged Russian hacking in the U.S. election.

He claimed in the courtroom that he was twice approached by U.S. authorities - in November and in February - in the absence of his previous lawyer. He said they urged him to falsely testify that he was cooperating in the hacking attack on the Democratic National Committee ordered by Russian authorities. He said U.S. authorities would, in exchange, give him money and a life in the United States.

"I rejected doing it," Nikulin said.
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »
Hard to imagine how you Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theorists could look any worse, but today was obviously not a good day for you.

Dershowitz: Comey confirms that I'm right - and all the Democratic commentators are wrong
By Alan Dershowitz
Published June 08, 2017
Fox News

In his testimony former FBI director James Comey echoed a view that I alone have been expressing for several weeks, and that has been attacked by nearly every Democratic pundit.

Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual. I paraphrase, because the transcript is not yet available:  the president can, in theory, decide who to investigate, who to stop investigating, who to prosecute and who not to prosecute.  The president is the head of the unified executive branch of government, and the Justice Department and the FBI work under him and he may order them to do what he wishes.                     

As a matter of law, Comey is 100 percent correct.  As I have long argued, and as Comey confirmed in his written statement, our history shows that many presidents—from Adams to Jefferson, to Lincoln, to Roosevelt, to Kennedy, to Bush 1, and to Obama – have directed the Justice Department with regard to ongoing investigations. The history is clear, the precedents are clear, the constitutional structure is clear, and common sense is clear.

Yet virtually every Democratic pundit, in their haste to “get” President Trump, has willfully ignored these realities.  In doing so they have endangered our civil liberties and constitutional rights.

Now that even former Director Comey has acknowledged that the Constitution would permit the president to direct the Justice Department and the FBI in this matter, let us put the issue of obstruction of justice behind us once and for all and focus on the political, moral, and other non-criminal aspects of President Trump’s conduct.

Comey’s testimony was devastating with regard to President Trump’s credibility – at least as Comey sees it.  He was also critical of President Trump’s failure to observe the recent tradition of FBI independence from presidential influence.  These are issues worth discussing but they have been distorted by the insistence of Democratic pundits that Trump must have committed a crime because they disagree with what he did politically.

Director Comey’s testimony was thoughtful, coherent and balanced.  He is obviously angry with President Trump, and his anger has influenced his assessment of the president and his actions.  But even putting that aside, Comey has provided useful insights into the ongoing investigations.

I was disappointed to learn that Comey used a Columbia law professor as a go-between to provide information to the media.  He should have has the courage to do it himself.  Senators must insist that he disclose the name of his go-between so that they can subpoena his memos and perhaps subpoena the professor-friend to provide further information.

I write this short op-ed as Comey finishes his testimony. I think it is important to put to rest the notion that there was anything criminal about the president exercising his constitutional power to fire Comey and to request – “hope” – that he let go the investigation of General Flynn. Just as the president would have had the constitutional power to pardon Flynn and thus end the criminal investigation of him, he certainly had the authority to request the director of the FBI to end his investigation of Flynn.

So let’s move on and learn all the facts regarding the Russian efforts to intrude on American elections without that investigation being impeded by frivolous efforts to accuse President Trump of committing a crime by exercising his constitutional authority.

Alan M. Dershowitz, Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law, Emeritus and author of Taking the Stand: My Life in the Law and Electile Dysfunction.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/08/dershowitz-comey-confirms-that-im-right-and-all-democratic-commentators-are-wrong.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
Great point by Rubio.  Comey leaked info to protect himself, but wouldn't leak info saying Trump was not under investigation.  A dirtbag move.  I've lost respect for this guy. 

Rubio to Comey: Only Thing Not Leaked Is That POTUS Was Not Under Investigation
Jun 08, 2017 // 1:09pm

Judge Nap: Mueller Will Conduct 'Interrogation' Under Oath of Pres. Trump

Comey Says He Asked Friend to Share Memos on Trump Talks With Reporter

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) questioned former FBI Director James Comey on why there have been no leaks from inside the government about the fact that President Trump is not personally under investigation.

Earlier in the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Comey said Trump did not ask him to end the Russia investigation as a whole. He also said he believed he was fired by Trump because of the Russia investigation.

Rubio marveled at how many leaks have occurred during the Trump-Russia investigation, saying "we've learned more from the newspapers sometimes than we do from our open hearings."

"Do you ever wonder why, of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that's never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation, despite the fact that Democrats and Republicans and the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks?" he asked.

Dan Scavino Jr. ✔ @DanScavino
Because if it was leaked that @realDonaldTrump was personally not under investigation- it would have crushed the entire narrative.
5:42 AM - 8 Jun 2017 · Washington, DC
  3,663 3,663 Retweets   6,342 6,342 likes

Comey answered that classified briefings to Congress on such matters are "pretty tightly held."

Watch the clip above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/08/marco-rubio-comey-hearing-why-didnt-it-leak-trump-not-under-investigation

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
Great point by Rubio.  Comey leaked info to protect himself, but wouldn't leak info saying Trump was not under investigation.  A dirtbag move.  I've lost respect for this guy. 

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) questioned former FBI Director James Comey on why there have been no leaks from inside the government about the fact that President Trump is not personally under investigation.

Earlier in the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Comey said Trump did not ask him to end the Russia investigation as a whole. He also said he believed he was fired by Trump because of the Russia investigation.

Rubio marveled at how many leaks have occurred during the Trump-Russia investigation, saying "we've learned more from the newspapers sometimes than we do from our open hearings."

"Do you ever wonder why, of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that's never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation, despite the fact that Democrats and Republicans and the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks?" he asked.

Because if it was leaked that @realDonaldTrump was personally not under investigation- it would have crushed the entire narrative.

Comey answered that classified briefings to Congress on such matters are "pretty tightly held."

Watch the clip above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/08/marco-rubio-comey-hearing-why-didnt-it-leak-trump-not-under-investigation

If Comey admitted, under oath, that he leaked information, some of which might have been classified, possibly as a means of retaliation, why is he not prosecuted and/or jailed? The agency he used to head investigates and arrests many people for such offenses or for minor crimes. Was he "extremely careless" like Hillary and therefore exempt from the law?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »
If Comey admitted, under oath, that he leaked information, some of which might have been classified, possibly as a means of retaliation, why is he not prosecuted and/or jailed? The agency he used to head investigates and arrests many people for such offenses or for minor crimes. Was he "extremely careless" like Hillary and therefore exempt from the law?

Right?  I think he screwed himself.  What a dummy.  He should have stayed on the high road and he would have looked much better. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »

Watch the clip above.

Should have shut the thing down after Rubio was done.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
What's next?

a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2017, 08:12:50 PM »
Gregg Jarrett: Comey exonerates Trump – so much for obstruction
By Gregg Jarrett
Published June 08, 2017
Fox News

James Comey’s public testimony exonerates President Trump of obstruction of justice.

To put it simply, “hoping” that something happens is not a crime.  The law demands much more than that.  Felony obstruction requires that the person seeking to obstruct a law enforcement investigation act “corruptly.”  The statute specifically defines what that includes:  threats, lies, bribes, destruction of documents, and altering or concealing evidence.  None of that is alleged by Comey.

Instead, the fired FBI Director recounts how President Trump expressed compassion for the man he dismissed as his National Security Adviser, calling Michael Flynn “a good guy” who “has been through a lot.”  Comey agreed.  Then the president said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.”

The president’s statement is not an order or mandate.  It is not even a “request,” though Comey insists he understood it to be.  But even if we construe it as such, it is not enough to constitute obstruction.  Not even close.  There must be a “corrupt” act that accompanies the directive.

For example, if the president had said, “Bury whatever incriminating evidence you have, exonerate Flynn, and terminate the investigation of him entirely… or I will fire you.”  That is, arguably, obstruction.  It includes two corrupt elements –a threat and concealing evidence.  However, this is not what happened.

Comey knows all this.  Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho, posed the key question: “Do you know of any case in which someone has been charged with obstruction based on the word ‘hope’?”  Comey answered, “I don’t.”  On that point, Comey is correct.

Hoping or wishing for an outcome bears no resemblance to the crime of obstruction as defined not just by statute, but by the U.S. Supreme Court in the 2005 case of Arthur Anderson v. United States.

Intelligence Committee Chairman, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., asked Comey quite directly, “Was the president trying to obstruct justice?”  As expected, Comey demurred by claiming, “It’s not for me to say.”  While there is no legal basis for declining to answer the pivotal question, Comey dodged it for a reason.  If he said, under oath, that he regarded the president’s words as obstruction, Comey would have incriminated himself in a crime known as “misprision of felony.”

As explained in an earlier column, the law imposes an affirmative duty on federal officials, like Comey, to immediately report knowledge of a felony such as obstruction to a person in authority.  In the case of an FBI Director, his superior is the Assistant Attorney General at the Department of Justice.  Comey admitted he did not tell anyone at DOJ.  His excuses were legally vacuous.

Thus, one can conclude that Comey either did not believe the president obstructed justice (and, therefore, had no duty to report it) or he did not want to put himself in legal jeopardy.

Comey was pressed on the issue.  Unbelievably, he claimed he did not know whether FBI agents have a duty to report a crime that has been committed:

Question:  “You’re unsure whether they would have a legal duty?”

Answer: “That’s a good question.  I’ve not thought about that before.  (pause)  There is a statute that prohibits misprision of a felony -- knowing of a felony and taking steps to conceal it.  But this is a different question.”

No, Mr. Comey, it is not a different question.  It is a fundamental legal obligation for all people who serve in law enforcement.  The head of the FBI should know that.

Regardless, the entire question of obstruction was rendered moot and meaningless by Comey himself when he endorsed what constitutional scholars, including Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz, have long maintained.  That is, the president has the constitutional authority to stop investigations and prosecutions.

“I’m not a legal scholar…but as a legal matter, the president is head of the executive branch and could direct, in theory, that anybody be investigated or not be investigated,” admitted Comey.

Comey Leaked His Memo

Obstruction aside, one of the more stunning moments during the hearing came when Comey confessed that he deliberately leaked to “a friend” the contents of the memo memorializing his conversation with Trump… so that it would then be leaked to the media.  Comey said it was his personal property.  Wrong.

Under the Federal Records Act and the FBI’s own Records Management regulations, “any document that is made in the course of business” is the property not of the person who authored it, but the property of the U.S. government.  And so are its contents.  It matters not whether the document, as this one, is unclassified.

Comey improperly and, perhaps, unlawfully leaked a government document involving an FBI investigation.  Comey admitted he did it to prompt the appointment of a special counsel who is now tasked with examining Russia’s interference in the presidential election.  At the very least, Comey violated government rules by converting government property for his own use.  It does not matter, legally, that he was no longer employed by the FBI.  Is it a crime?

Under 18 USC 793 (“Leaking Non-Classified Information”), it is a crime punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment to “willfully communicate or transmit national defense information,” even though it is not classified.  While the contents of the memo do not deal directly with national defense matters, the overall investigation does.  So it is debatable whether Comey could be charged.

If nothing else, Comey’s leak appears to be a rather sleazy tactic designed to harm the president.  How can he justify publicizing his own self-serving narrative while admitting in his testimony that he resisted all attempts by the president to publicize the truth that Trump was not personally under investigation?  He cannot.

It is equally disgraceful that Comey appears to have purposefully written his memo as an unclassified document so that he could later use it to his advantage by leaking it to the public without committing a serious crime.  Making it classified, he told the committee, “would tangle it up.”  In other words, he manipulated the classification system to exploit the political damage his document might cause.

Comey’s testimony did manage to put to rest the constant accusation that President Trump attempted to quash the Russian investigation.  Sen. Burr inquired, “Did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. elections?”  Comey replied, “Not to my understanding, no.”

As anticipated, Comey trashed Trump in a manner that is typical of an angry or disgruntled former employee who lashes out at the boss who fired him.  But his venomous attack seemed shrill and unbecoming of his stature.  He branded Trump a liar and claimed the president “defamed” him when Trump described the FBI as “poorly led and in disarray” under Comey’s leadership.

As a lawyer, Comey well knows that the president was expressing an opinion which is protected speech under the First Amendment.  Hence, it is not defamation at all.  Moreover, truth is a complete defense.  Given Comey’s mishandling of the Hillary Clinton email case, in which he contorted the law and usurped the authority of the Attorney General, the president’s description may be the truth.

And so, the much anticipated Senate Intelligence Committee hearing did not provide what President Trump’s antagonists yearned for – evidence of guilt.

The only guilt rests with the president’s critics, especially many in the media, who have leveled wild and baseless assertions that he committed a crime during his now infamous conversation with the fired FBI Director on February 14th.

Through ignorance and malevolence, they have laid bare their contempt for facts and the law in pursuit of a political mugging.  It’s a shame that is not a crime.

Jails would be overcrowded with politicians and journalists. 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/06/08/gregg-jarrett-comey-exonerates-trump-so-much-for-obstruction.html

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2017, 10:13:13 AM »

Sending personal journal notes to a law prof when he was a private citizen isn't criminal.
He had been fired from the FBI and was not sending any classified material.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:55 AM »
Sending personal journal notes to a law prof when he was a private citizen isn't criminal.
He had been fired from the FBI and was not sending any classified material.

There you go with the liberal talking points again.  You misstate facts and embellish just like the board's biggest liberal troll.

He wrote memos on FBI letterhead, using a government computer, and shared that information with people in the FBI.  That isn't a "personal journal."  That's government property. 

And his private conversations with the president may or may not be classified, but they certainly should not be leaked to the public. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
There you go with the liberal talking points again.  You misstate facts and embellish just like the board's biggest liberal troll.

He wrote memos on FBI letterhead, using a government computer, and shared that information with people in the FBI.  That isn't a "personal journal."  That's government property. 

And his private conversations with the president may or may not be classified, but they certainly should not be leaked to the public. 

He also testified about that under oath.

Comey was clear to say he was quite careful to
insure he didn't include any info or names that
would require classification, so they could be used in a
public hearing, if needed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
He also testified about that under oath.

Comey was clear to say he was quite careful to
insure he didn't include any info or names that
would require classification, so they could be used in a
public hearing, if needed.

Yes he testified about it under oath.  If you know that when are you misrepresenting what he did? 

Not everything that isn't classified should be released to the media.  And he also testified under oath that he leaked his self-serving memos to the press for his own self interest.