Author Topic: McCarthy appears to lose the first ballot for Speaker  (Read 3921 times)

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
McCarthy appears to lose the first ballot for Speaker
« on: January 03, 2023, 10:56:29 AM »
How many ballots will it take and how damaged will McCarthy be if he is eventually elected to be Speaker

Edit - Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries just got the most votes in the first ballot

This is pretty fucking embarrassing for McCarthy
He's had weeks to whip up these votes and apparently he's made a lot of concessions and he still got his ass handed to him

I think if McCarthy eventually wins the Speaker role he's in for a very rough two years.....from his own party

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: McCarthy appears to lose the first ballot for Speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:41:40 AM »
McCarthy on track to lose the 2nd ballot as well

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 12:12:48 PM »
I have been following this on the news. Pretty interesting. First time the House has fail to elect a speaker has happened since 1923, a hundred years ago. I am anxious to see what happens. A second vote in in the works. Wonder how many times the will vote before a speaker is elected?

What do you suppose Coach's opinion is about this. Wonder if he has any insight via his DC connections.

Besides you and I there appears to be no comments about this.

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 12:49:07 PM »
I have been following this on the news. Pretty interesting. First time the House has fail to elect a speaker has happened since 1923, a hundred years ago. I am anxious to see what happens. A second vote in in the works. Wonder how many times the will vote before a speaker is elected?

What do you suppose Coach's opinion is about this. Wonder if he has any insight via his DC connections.

Besides you and I there appears to be no comments about this.

Early into the 2nd there were enough votes for Jim Jordan to sink McCarthy
3rd ballot in imminent with likely the same result

Yes, this is historic.
It took 9 ballots in 1923

Without a Speaker the  Congress can't convene.  No one is sworn in and nothing happens

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 01:07:01 PM »
Early into the 2nd there were enough votes for Jim Jordan to sink McCarthy
3rd ballot in imminent with likely the same result

Yes, this is historic.
It took 9 ballots in 1923

Without a Speaker the  Congress can't convene.  No one is sworn in and nothing happens

So then on the plus side, if the swearing in process is delayed maybe whoever is elected House Speaker will think twice about swearing in George Santos. From what I've heard and read, once that liar is in, it will be next to impossible to get him out... unless of course he is charged and convicted of a crime which would take a while.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
So then on the plus side, if the swearing in process is delayed maybe whoever is elected House Speaker will think twice about swearing in George Santos. From what I've heard and read, once that liar is in, it will be next to impossible to get him out... unless of course he is charged and convicted of a crime which would take a while.

Doesn't seem like but a few of the GOP want to toss him.  Of course, being a prolific and compulsive liar is all they know how to choose and follow.

It would be hilarious if he got sworn in and then immediately started voting for the most liberal policies he came across.   :D

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »

Are you high
They will definitely swear him in

He (Santos) should be more concerned about Brazil re-opening their criminal fraud case against him

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/03/george-santos-brazil-reactivates-fraud-case

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 01:27:21 PM »
McCarthy now on track to lose the 3rd ballot and it appears he may actually get less votes this time than in the 2nd ballot (too soon to say for sure)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 02:04:58 PM »
Doesn't seem like but a few of the GOP want to toss him.  Of course, being a prolific and compulsive liar is all they know how to choose and follow.

It would be hilarious if he got sworn in and then immediately started voting for the most liberal policies he came across.   :D

I believe George Santos' presented himself during his campaign as a Trump-loving conservative in his campaign. But then, we know he lies, so what you suggest is a definite possibility.  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 02:10:13 PM »
In the third round of voting, 20 Republican lawmakers voted against McCarthy for speaker -- the highest amount so far. Those votes went to Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio. From his viewpoint the votes are going in the wrong direction.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 02:39:01 PM »
Pretty pathetic showing for the Republican Party. One thing these libs know how to do, is stick together. For all the “they’re eating each other” talk from conservative folks, they really do stick together.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 03:07:00 PM »
How many ballots will it take and how damaged will McCarthy be if he is eventually elected to be Speaker

Edit - Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries just got the most votes in the first ballot

This is pretty fucking embarrassing for McCarthy
He's had weeks to whip up these votes and apparently he's made a lot of concessions and he still got his ass handed to him

I think if McCarthy eventually wins the Speaker role he's in for a very rough two years.....from his own party

I don’t care who gets in as long as it isn’t another liberal democrat

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 03:54:04 PM »
I don’t care who gets in as long as it isn’t another liberal democrat

You don't have to worry about that but it would be funny if it happened (it won't)

It also seems less likely that McCarthy will prevail

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 05:07:48 PM »
Pretty pathetic showing for the Republican Party. One thing these libs know how to do, is stick together. For all the “they’re eating each other” talk from conservative folks, they really do stick together.

Sticking together no matter what is what has gotten us in this hyper partisan mess we're in.

Let them put him through the ringer a bit.
Y

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 07:41:45 PM »
Sticking together no matter what is what has gotten us in this hyper partisan mess we're in.

Let them put him through the ringer a bit.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

What's the "hyper partisan" part here?

This is 100% a Republican cluster fuck

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 07:49:53 PM »
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

What's the "hyper partisan" part here?

This is 100% a Republican cluster fuck

Yeah, and irongrip was saying how the left sticks together, no matter how much hypocrisy, extremism, virtue signaling, TDS, shit policy, and lying exists there.

So, the same thing on the Republican would side be bad too.
Y

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 08:04:42 PM »
Yeah, and irongrip was saying how the left sticks together, no matter how much hypocrisy, extremism, virtue signaling, TDS, shit policy, and lying exists there.

So, the same thing on the Republican would side be bad too.

What are you talking about
Do you means Dems "sticking together" to vote for a Democratic Speaker?

Republicans are usually the ones who stick together when faced with hypocrisy, extremism, virtue signaling, TDS, shit policy, and lying exists there.
Are you expecting Dems to vote for McCarthy?

Again, nothing at all partisan about McCarthy's humiliation
This is all Republican and it's basically a handful of nutbags within their party that are doing it to him and he/Republicans totally deserves it (maybe we agree on that?)

This is just a foreshadow of the chaos to come in the next two years

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 08:11:50 PM »

Republicans are usually the ones who stick together when faced with hypocrisy, extremism, virtue signaling, TDS, shit policy, and lying exists there.

This is all Republican and it's basically a handful of nutbags within their party that are doing it to him and he/Republicans totally deserves it (maybe we agree on that?)

Clearly you are retarded.
And McCarthy lost his 3rd attempt. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 08:35:03 PM »
Clearly you are retarded.
And McCarthy lost his 3rd attempt. :D

I know
scroll up and you'll see I called that about 7 hours ago

My response to Grape Ape is that there is nothing partisan about this event
The election was a hyper partisan event and Republicans WON the House
Now they just have to pick a leader among themselves

what's crazy is that the incoming party always works this shit out behind closed doors but this "party" can't even manage/govern itself

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 08:35:39 PM »

Read his post again, because you are clearly not understanding. He is saying that the left always sticks together. That is it. No context, just always sticking together. I am saying that is not a good thing and that if Republicans just do the same thing, that is bad as well. Meaning, if there are those who think McCarthy is bad for the party, let them voice it.

Your second paragraph is pure partisan garbage, and you know it.  Both parties share a degree of this.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 08:41:12 PM »

You voted for a president and more than likely left down the ballot (all ballots in the last 14 years) that literally lied and got caught AND proven they lied over…

“Russian Collusion” (for 7 years)
A hooker
a Ukraine phone call
2 fake impeachments
A fake warrant
Tax returns (twice)
Oh yeah…most recent the fake January 6 “Insurrection”
And about 20 other “smoking guns” that were debunked

Not to mention…

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2023, 08:45:04 PM »
Read his post again, because you are clearly not understanding. He is saying that the left always sticks together. That is it. No context, just always sticking together. I am saying that is not a good thing and that if Republicans just do the same thing, that is bad as well. Meaning, if there are those who think McCarthy is bad for the party, let them voice it.

Your second paragraph is pure partisan garbage, and you know it.  Both parties share a degree of this.

you sure there's not context ?

no relation to the subject of this thread?

then why mention it?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2023, 01:22:37 AM »
I prefer Jim Jordan.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 05:52:01 AM »
You voted for a president and more than likely left down the ballot (all ballots in the last 14 years) that literally lied and got caught AND proven they lied over…

“Russian Collusion” (for 7 years)  Fake birth certificate, Benjihahahahaha, Pizzagate, stolen election anyone?
A hooker I have never posted anything about a hooker.  You can either provide the post where I did or just be a liar like you already are
a Ukraine phone call I have never made a comment on any phone call made.  Again, you are just a liar
2 fake impeachments Wasn't fake.  Pretty sure they are in the history books
A fake warrant Real warrant signed by a real judge executing a real search which turned up real classified documents
Tax returns (twice) I have never made any comments about Trumpy's taxes nor have any interest in what they may or may not show.  LIAR
Oh yeah…most recent the fake January 6 “Insurrection” Do the crime, do the time.  Sucks for those criminals
And about 20 other “smoking guns” that were debunked Hell you haven't debunked shit from the above you listed by attributing me to things I never said or comment on.  Not surprising, you are just a retarded little liar who can't stop whining

Not to mention…

Trumpys lie directly cost you money.  With that Auto debit you have each month.  hhahhaahaa.  That goes for nothing he claims it is for.  Suckers like you are too stupid to realize it.  Didn't even get an "official" Trump card or early purchase plan for the NTF either.   Loser.

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46:29 AM »
Poor Kevin appears to be on track to lose the 4th ballot