Author Topic: Service members forced to payback signing bonuses  (Read 439 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Service members forced to payback signing bonuses
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 11:07:39 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/service-members-forced-pay-back-signing-bonuses-fired-covid-vax-kick-face

In my opinion this is wrong, and it is absolutely a kick-in-the-face to these folks, most of whom otherwise would have completed their bonus contract for length of service time. Bonuses are also given for the MOS you choose or are assigned. I don't see where there is any possible justification for requiring payback on these bonuses.

Having said this, anyone who has ever served in the military or is close to someone who has military experience probably understands to complexity of the rules the military has for everything and should have some idea on how to 'play their game'. What I know is based on having a son and a son-in-law who were career military and their experiences.

I also see where the military was and is faced with a conundrum when it comes to COVID vaccines. If they were not required, folks who contracted COVID from other military personal might have recourse, in that the military failed to provide them reasonable protections for the virus.

In reading the link you posted, it seems as if the military is in the process of changing their approach the issues surrounding the vaccine by basically lightening up on the repercussions for refusing the vaccination. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V