Author Topic: Ron Teufel - contribute to new web site  (Read 12419 times)

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
Ron Teufel - contribute to new web site
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:57:19 PM »
If any of you would like to share some of your memories or thoughts about Ron Teufel's life and career, please submit them to info@ronteufel.com

We're working on a web site (in it's initial stages).  I've been in touch with Ron's family and they've been receptive to the idea of having the web site expand over time into a place of tribute to Ron on the Internet.

You can see the first stages of the site at:

http://www.RonTeufel.com

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Ron Teufel - contribute to new web site
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
May i suggest word press

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
Ron was truly ahead of his time. I grew up in the same town as Ron and as a kid I used to go to the same gym where he started his lifting career. It was a tiny hole in the wall joint called Ryan's Gym in Norwood PA. I was 15 and Ron was at the height of his career out in Cali and when he would come back home and train there the atmosphere would be electric. At the end of his bodybuilding days he moved back and I got a chance to get to know him as I got older. He was a great guy but just could shake the booze and always had the monkey on his back. He would dissapear for months at a time, come into the gym looking like shit and within two weeks look like he could step onstage, he just had the most amazing genetics for building muscle. It was a shame how he ended up and I felt bad when I heard that he had passed away.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
How did he die?

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »
 yeah.. ron could not shake the booze.. he was a great guy.. all those who knew him said the same thing.. it won in the end.. :-\

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 08:43:50 PM »
Ron was truly ahead of his time. I grew up in the same town as Ron and as a kid I used to go to the same gym where he started his lifting career. It was a tiny hole in the wall joint called Ryan's Gym in Norwood PA. I was 15 and Ron was at the height of his career out in Cali and when he would come back home and train there the atmosphere would be electric. At the end of his bodybuilding days he moved back and I got a chance to get to know him as I got older. He was a great guy but just could shake the booze and always had the monkey on his back. He would dissapear for months at a time, come into the gym looking like shit and within two weeks look like he could step onstage, he just had the most amazing genetics for building muscle. It was a shame how he ended up and I felt bad when I heard that he had passed away.

Damn ... that's sad, man. I heard both Mendenhall and Rosbo ( to name a few ) were both addicted to Alcohol as well.  :-\

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 06:14:36 AM »
Damn ... that's sad, man. I heard both Mendenhall and Rosbo ( to name a few ) were both addicted to Alcohol as well.  :-\

yeah rosbo was an alcoholic, still is from what i have heard. he weighed 128kg in pretty good shape at his heaviest.

90-95% of competitive bodybuilders are drug addicts, alcholics etc.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 08:13:17 AM »
whoa dude I train a few pro bodybuilders and know alot...there are a couple that abuse but most of them are not addicted. Your 90-95 ratio is a joke

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 08:16:43 AM »
I think his liver was pretty shot towards the end. He was working at the Home Depot nearby here when he died. He was such a huge hero of all the guys my age around here and it was sad to see him working in there and looking so sick.

How did he die?

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 12:16:39 PM »
That sucks...I read his website and it seemed he was looking for ways to fail instead of just bucking up and going on..losing a contest is just that ..not like you lost a limb...its just a frigging contest..keep your mouth shut ..train harder win next time. All of us that compete feel we should have won contests when we didnt..either learn from your loss and move on or blame everyone else and never inmprove. Ron would have been a star if he had just kept to it.

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »
I just wanted to thank the GetBig members who have contacted me with not only their own personal stories about Ron but also a bunch of good leads about contacting others who knew him well.  I, and his friends and family, appreciate all the positive input that we've received as news of this tribute web site spreads.

madmullah

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »
ron teufel aged 18

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 02:00:39 AM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »
That's the man whose name I was looking for.

Sad bump.

Any other stories about Ron?