Author Topic: Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?  (Read 16298 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 07:06:42 AM »
Now this is the kind of advice I am looking for; this I can use. Thank you ;)
One question though; Is the ephedrine & caffeine going to make me jittery? I have been taking Lipo-6 or Redline & sometimes I drink NO-XPlode in the morning, is taking the ephedrine & caffeine better?

I have taken Lipo-6 also and the EC stack has worked better for me.  As far as jitteryness, it does to some people but not to me.  The only thing I notice is a lil bit of drymouth.  I wouldnt take the NO-explode while on the EC stack.....if I am not mistaken I think they counteract each other......I could be wrong though..............but I dont think I am.................I think........   :-\

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »
this coming from a chubby woman with 4 kids.  :-\

Why aren't yuo in the gym????

Why haven't you posted your diet yet????

Stop playing the raunchy kitten and work on your fat ass.  ;)

;D ;D

Look Diddy Kong; obviously you either are in tip top condition yourself or your ass is bigger than mine and you have nothing better to do than to pick on other people. I will post my eating habits and workout routine; just so you can have something else to pick apart, because you apparently don't spend anytime in the gym yourself. Considering the fact you keep replying to my posts. ??? Learn how to spell while you work on perfecting swinging from limb to limb. ;D

Oh, by the way; you haven't seen raunchy yet. I like the kitten part though (MEOW). :-*

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 11:42:26 AM »
   on her rudy pooh  candy ass.

I wouldn't  consider you fat.  Same advice as the others here . Once you get used to doing cardio it isn't that bad. I put on some headphones and ride a stationary bike in front of the tv.Time goes by fast. Moderate intensity is the best for fat loss.Just try and keep your heart rate at about 70% of your max heart rate.(max heart rate is 220-your age if I am not mistaken.) 70% of that for AT LEAST 20 minutes per session.It is best to go not  intense for a longer time than it is to go all out for a short time.

Thanks ;D
I dance as my cardio; I do this for anywhere from 30min-1 hour. I used to teach dance so that is something that just comes naturally for me. When I go to the Gym/Rec. Center; I usually use the Elliptical Machine as a warm up for 20min. Then I go into my lifting; so far my max weight using dumbells is 45 lbs. I do 2-3 sets @ 15-20 reps; Stiff-Legged Deadlifts, Sumo Squats, Step-Ups & One Leg Squats. Most of my workouts have been to develop my lower body, I need to start working on my upper body. When I do upper body workouts it usually is with 15 lbs. or 20 lbs; my lower body is much stronger than my upper (Studies show that women are stronger in their legs & men are stronger in their upper body) working on creating that balance. I currently do not have a barbell so all of my workouts are done with free weights; I do chest presses, bicep curls, pectoral flyes & pull-overs.

I have been taking all the same supplements that my husband takes; Tribulus, DHEA, Nitrix, Cell Mass, True Mass, Omega 3-6-9, Redline, Muscle Milk, No-Xplode, BCAA & Glutamine along with who knows what else. My eating habits are not as structured as I would like; I sometimes won't eat (I know this is bad), I eat a lot of fruits & veggies.I don't a lot of junk like cookies, cake or candy and I really don't eat fast food that often either. I love carbs, this is the one area that I know I need to work on. I don't have a routine persay and I think that is where I am defeating myself. I have been reading through some of the other posts and I have noticed people mentioning a schedule or planning everything. I need help with establishing what types of meals are best to eat for my goals and what workout routines are going to give me the best results in a considerable amount of time (I know Rome wasn't built overnight). ;D

Well that is a brief overview of my habits.

I have taken Lipo-6 also and the EC stack has worked better for me.  As far as jitteryness, it does to some people but not to me.  The only thing I notice is a lil bit of drymouth.  I wouldnt take the NO-explode while on the EC stack.....if I am not mistaken I think they counteract each other......I could be wrong though..............but I dont think I am.................I think........   :-\

I am in the process of weening myself of off the Lipo-6 right now because I am having caffeine withdrawal symptoms. I am going to begin again, but this time I am going to cycle on/off. I read that you benefit better this way because your body won't develop a tolerance. Thanks for the info. :)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
Thanks ;D
I dance as my cardio; I do this for anywhere from 30min-1 hour. I used to teach dance so that is something that just comes naturally for me. When I go to the Gym/Rec. Center; I usually use the Elliptical Machine as a warm up for 20min. Then I go into my lifting; so far my max weight using dumbells is 45 lbs. I do 2-3 sets @ 15-20 reps; Stiff-Legged Deadlifts, Sumo Squats, Step-Ups & One Leg Squats. Most of my workouts have been to develop my lower body, I need to start working on my upper body. When I do upper body workouts it usually is with 15 lbs. or 20 lbs; my lower body is much stronger than my upper (Studies show that women are stronger in their legs & men are stronger in their upper body) working on creating that balance. I currently do not have a barbell so all of my workouts are done with free weights; I do chest presses, bicep curls, pectoral flyes & pull-overs.

I have been taking all the same supplements that my husband takes; Tribulus, DHEA, Nitrix, Cell Mass, True Mass, Omega 3-6-9, Redline, Muscle Milk, No-Xplode, BCAA & Glutamine along with who knows what else. My eating habits are not as structured as I would like; I sometimes won't eat (I know this is bad), I eat a lot of fruits & veggies.I don't a lot of junk like cookies, cake or candy and I really don't eat fast food that often either. I love carbs, this is the one area that I know I need to work on. I don't have a routine persay and I think that is where I am defeating myself. I have been reading through some of the other posts and I have noticed people mentioning a schedule or planning everything. I need help with establishing what types of meals are best to eat for my goals and what workout routines are going to give me the best results in a considerable amount of time (I know Rome wasn't built overnight). ;D

Well that is a brief overview of my habits.

I am in the process of weening myself of off the Lipo-6 right now because I am having caffeine withdrawal symptoms. I am going to begin again, but this time I am going to cycle on/off. I read that you benefit better this way because your body won't develop a tolerance. Thanks for the info. :)
Use the Lee Priest approach.  Diet hard (I would even use the Lipo-6 on a month on mont off approach) and then have a cheat day where you pig out on that day.  My girlfriend used this approach to some extent.  Ditch some of these supplements.  Use protein with less calories and you really don't need to boost test levels IMO.  I would do running intervals and swimming on intervals.  If you want more info on that PM me.
Squishy face retard

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
I have been taking all the same supplements that my husband takes; Tribulus, DHEA, Nitrix, Cell Mass, True Mass, Omega 3-6-9, Redline, Muscle Milk, No-Xplode, BCAA & Glutamine along with who knows what else.

My view is that tribulus is worthless, but even if it did work, why would a woman (con-competitor in BB'ing) want to take a supplement designed to promote the hormone (LH) associated with testosterone production?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »

I have been taking all the same supplements that my husband takes; Tribulus, DHEA, Nitrix, Cell Mass, True Mass, Omega 3-6-9, Redline, Muscle Milk, No-Xplode, BCAA & Glutamine along with who knows what else. My eating habits are not as structured as I would like;

You need to learn the intended purpose of those supplements.
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

the "who knows what else" part of the quote is particularly troubling.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 01:24:46 AM »

My thoughts exactly.

You had better know what he is taking if you are gona take it too.I don't know how big he is or whatever,but if he is that gung ho to be taking all those supplements,it would be no surprise if he tried some gear. How you know he doesn't put dbol or some other oral in a bottle from gnc to hide the fact he is using from you.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 05:26:50 AM »
Back to basics sweety,

supplement => something that completes or makes an addition .

I rather emphasise the second part,
treat supplements as an addition cause you can do a lot with food without something extra's. Make sure you not only comprehend the con's and pro's of the basic three, carbohydrates, protein and fat, but that you also practise them, and after search the right supp.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 05:29:30 AM »
Look Diddy Kong; obviously you either are in tip top condition yourself or your ass is bigger than mine and you have nothing better to do than to pick on other people. I will post my eating habits and workout routine; just so you can have something else to pick apart, because you apparently don't spend anytime in the gym yourself. Considering the fact you keep replying to my posts. ??? Learn how to spell while you work on perfecting swinging from limb to limb. ;D

Oh, by the way; you haven't seen raunchy yet. I like the kitten part though (MEOW). :-*

haha.

No i'm not fat. I'm not in tiptop condition right now, but i am far from average, not to speak of being fat.

As what goes for spelling, ooops, sorry about the typo. English isn't even my first language, maybe we could have this conversation in japanese, german or french and see how you do.

You're just mad because i called you fat, which you are by my standards. And regarding the fact that this is an bodybuilding board, you are obese.  ;D ;D ;D

So quit your little comments and get over it.  :-*

As for the raunchy-comment...
If i haven't seen raunchy yet, i'd rather miss the chance of a slightly overweight mother of 4 showing me what raunchy is, thank you.
I have a perfectly beautiful girl at home.  ;D :-*

now you'd better be on the treadmill, honey.  ;D :-* :-*

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »
My view is that tribulus is worthless, but even if it did work, why would a woman (con-competitor in BB'ing) want to take a supplement designed to promote the hormone (LH) associated with testosterone production?

Me and my husband read some where that the Tribulus made the body produce more testosterone which is suppost to increase blood flow to the muscles when you weight train. I figured if it would help him and he really doesn't need it then maybe it would be good for me because females don't produce enough test. I used it to help make the muscle groups that I worked be bigger faster. :-\

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 11:22:21 AM »
Me and my husband read some where that the Tribulus made the body produce more testosterone which is suppost to increase blood flow to the muscles when you weight train. I figured if it would help him and he really doesn't need it then maybe it would be good for me because females don't produce enough test. I used it to help make the muscle groups that I worked be bigger faster. :-\

Like I said, tribulus is probably a non-factor.  A woman seeking to boost testosterone is a little unnerving (think of the opposite, a man trying to boost estrogen).  If your voice starts getting deeper or you start growing a beard . . .

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

You had better know what he is taking if you are gona take it too.I don't know how big he is or whatever,but if he is that gung ho to be taking all those supplements,it would be no surprise if he tried some gear. How you know he doesn't put dbol or some other oral in a bottle from gnc to hide the fact he is using from you.

We don't buy our suppliments from GNC; we go to Value Nutrition or Fitness Emporium. ;)

Neither him or myself take all of the supplements listed at the same time in the same day. He is not "juiced"; although we both have thought about it. He is trying to gain weight, right now he is about 196 lbs. & 6'5" tall. He has a rather high metabolism; always has. Not to mention; I am way too nosey for him to have something in the house and I not find it or know about it. I know that he is curious, we both are; I wanted it because I read that it accelerates fat loss and promotes muscle growth when you workout. When I said "who know what else"; that was a figure of speech, to say that over the years we have tried and used so many different supplements. I know what the supplements are supposed to do; I think that sometimes we use them the wrong way or at the wrong times. ???

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 11:25:43 AM »
Like I said, tribulus is probably a non-factor.  A woman seeking to boost testosterone is a little unnerving (think of the opposite, a man trying to boost estrogen).  If your voice starts getting deeper or you start growing a beard . . .

I actually stopped taking the Tribulus about a month ago, it didn't seem to be doing anything for me. No beard or Adam's Apple. ;D My husband still takes it sometimes.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 11:27:40 AM »
I actually stopped taking the Tribulus about a month ago, it didn't seem to be doing anything for me. No beard or Adam's Apple. ;D My husband still takes it sometimes.

Has he reported any results?

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 11:52:11 AM »

Has he reported any results?

He thinks that it works well for him; he has one of those body types where his muscles swell up after 2 sets of semi-heavy weight. I am jealous :'(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
I know what the supplements are supposed to do; I think that sometimes we use them the wrong way or at the wrong times. ???

No disrespect, but it's clear you do not have an understanding of the supplements you are taking or you wouldn't be taking some of them. ANYTIME.
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 02:23:02 AM »
No disrespect, but it's clear you do not have an understanding of the supplements you are taking or you wouldn't be taking some of them. ANYTIME.

Thanks for stating this.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2006, 09:42:30 AM »
Firstly: You still have time to get in kickass shape for the summer 2007.

Secondly: Don't fool yourself thinking you're in better shape than you really are.

You're asking questions about burning fat.

Too many females focuses on "burning" fat, and loses focus on getting stronger, increasing the muscle mass and increase the stamina.

If improving all these factors, the fat will "burn" off.

Too many women are stuck on the threadmills when they instead should be doing squats, deadlifts, shoulderpresses, incline benches and other big compound excersises to improve the physique.

Don't become one of these misguided fools. Hit the gym with intensity, and be grateful for all those on this thread that were brutally honest about your physique and suggestions.

Brownnosers who tells you that you're not fat.. You can get that stuff elsewhere. Here? Here you'll get plenty of good advice to look great for the summer.

A piece of advice for you: Get a ricecooker. Next best thing to sex.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
Don't fool yourself thinking you're in better shape than you really are.

Too many females focuses on "burning" fat, and loses focus on getting stronger, increasing the muscle mass and increase the stamina. If improving all these factors, the fat will "burn" off.

be grateful for all those on this thread that were brutally honest about your physique and suggestions.

Brownnosers who tells you that you're not fat.. You can get that stuff elsewhere.

YIP
Zack

thanks for stating what I've been debating saying... :-*
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »
thanks for stating what I been debating saying... :-*

oh come on, i said that already in the first post.  ;D ;D

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »
Okay, I think I am getting EVERYONE'S point.  :-*

I have not taken any supplements other than Omegas & Mutli's for about 30-45 days now. I started doing further research on each of the products. I was advised to take some of these supplements by a personal trainer; that is one of the reasons why I took them. I assumed he knew what he was talking about sense building & sculpting bodies is what he does. ::)

Firstly: You still have time to get in kickass shape for the summer 2007.

Secondly: Don't fool yourself thinking you're in better shape than you really are.

You're asking questions about burning fat.

Too many females focuses on "burning" fat, and loses focus on getting stronger, increasing the muscle mass and increase the stamina.

If improving all these factors, the fat will "burn" off.

Too many women are stuck on the threadmills when they instead should be doing squats, deadlifts, shoulderpresses, incline benches and other big compound excersises to improve the physique.

Don't become one of these misguided fools. Hit the gym with intensity, and be grateful for all those on this thread that were brutally honest about your physique and suggestions.

Brownnosers who tells you that you're not fat.. You can get that stuff elsewhere. Here? Here you'll get plenty of good advice to look great for the summer.

A piece of advice for you: Get a ricecooker. Next best thing to sex.

YIP
Zack

Hedgehog, I never stated or even insinuated that I was in shape. I know that I am not in fit condition, but I refuse to let anyone tell me that I am fat when I know that is not my case. I don't give a DAMN who says it. ::)

Next time I will be more mindful of how I phrase a question, I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking for best practices from experienced people; routines & nutrition habits that have been tried & true. I have chosen to change my lifestyle overall, not just to look good for one summer.

I continue to be open to all constructive criticism! :-*

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »
I was advised to take some of these supplements by a personal trainer; that is one of the reasons why I took them. I assumed he knew what he was talking about sense building & sculpting bodies is what he does. ::)

A safe, effective, and ethical trainer should not be recommending several of the items you've mentioned, especially to a female.  Not to mention, mixing various stimulants  >:(  If he is an "employee", management should be made aware of his practices....
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 12:58:36 AM »
A safe, effective, and ethical trainer should not be recommending several of the items you've mentioned, especially to a female.  Not to mention, mixing various stimulants  >:(  If he is an "employee", management should be made aware of his practices....

Totally agree here, Condi!

A trainer is absolute bullshit when he recommends ANY kind of supplement to an overweight training newbie with no experience and diet not in check.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 01:47:17 AM »
Okay, I think I am getting EVERYONE'S point.  :-*

I am not looking for a quick fix.

Then why the hell did you title the thread   " Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?"

You came on here and asked for advice,and then when we give it to you...you don't want to hear it. Nobody told you what you wanted to hear so you got a little defensive. It is sort of annoying when someone asks for help and then rolls their eyes at the advice they are given.