Author Topic: Eggs cheaper than protein powders.  (Read 11955 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Eggs cheaper than protein powders.
« on: July 04, 2018, 07:30:49 AM »
Cost per gm for protein is cheaper with eggs.

Eggs are highest quality protein too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Eggs cheaper than protein powders.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

That depends on where you shop. Some stores charge more for eggs than Toby and you can get protein on clearance sales.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »
That depends on where you shop. Some stores charge more for eggs than Toby and you can get protein on clearance sales.

That is possible.

Do you know any clearance sales right now?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »
"highest quality protein"...

what is this? 1995?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »

It's the whites of eggs that contain the most protein. The yolks have protein too and also a lot of fats. I only eat whole eggs because plain egg whites don't seem all that palatable to me.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
"highest quality protein"...

what is this? 1995?

Eggs contain all essential amino acids.

And it's 1975.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 05:53:47 PM »
It's the whites of eggs that contain the most protein. The yolks have protein too and also a lot of fats. I only eat whole eggs because plain egg whites don't seem all that palatable to me.

Actually, the yolk contains half the protein of the egg. My best friend made that mistake when he counted his protein intake. He separated his yolks from the whites and trashed the yolk.

We'd split 6 dozen eggs, when he went to Sam's Club. He was trying to lose weight; while, I was trying to gain weight.

I crunched the numbers and he was off, by the factor of counting egg whites as whole eggs.

Whoever came up with the idea to separate the yolk needs to be strung up. Remember that Vince Gironda got ripped to the bone on steak and eggs. If I'm not mistaken, he even blended up the shells and consume them with his shakes.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
Actually, the yolk contains half the protein of the egg. My best friend made that mistake when he counted his protein intake. He separated his yolks from the whites and trashed the yolk.

We'd split 6 dozen eggs, when he went to Sam's Club. He was trying to lose weight; while, I was trying to gain weight.

I crunched the numbers and he was off, by the factor of counting egg whites as whole eggs.

Whoever came up with the idea to separate the yolk needs to be strung up. Remember that Vince Gironda got ripped to the bone on steak and eggs. If I'm not mistaken, he even blended up the shells and consume them with his shakes.

Correct.

Gironda espoused abstaining from carbs in favor of a more Atkins-style of eating. Many of his advanced clients were put on a meat and eggs diet, along with liver tablets and Rheo Blair’s protein powder mixed with heavy cream and, oftentimes, additional raw eggs.

Trainees were able to build muscle and lean out without doing much in the way of cardio.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 01:42:12 PM »

Besides, egg whites alone taste horrible, IMO. Egg shells are mostly calcium carbonate. It's probably good for you. But again, even blended they be grainy. making them unpleasant to consume.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 11:25:07 AM »
I go through about a dozen a day. Best prices for eggs that I have found are at Aldi for about .69-.79 per dozen. We get 10-20 dozen at a time.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »
I go through about a dozen a day. Best prices for eggs that I have found are at Aldi for about .69-.79 per dozen. We get 10-20 dozen at a time.

That's great!!

My local stores put a limit on how many you can buy in a single visit, although I've yet to see them enforce it.
Either no one has "challenged" it, or it's simply more of a "deterrent."