Author Topic: Does Brock End "The Streak"?  (Read 5297 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Does Brock End "The Streak"?
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:27 AM »
Undertaker was looking very old on RAW. He seems to have lost all his muscle tone. If he keeps coming back year after year, eventually someone will have to do it. Brock seems like a good candidate.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Does Brock End "The Streak"?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
I'm a big fan of wrestling tradition.  You are always supposed lose your last match. Let's say this is Takers last match, or not.  Either way I say the streak should never be broken. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
I'm a big fan of wrestling tradition.  You are always supposed lose your last match. Let's say this is Takers last match, or not.  Either way I say the streak should never be broken. 

In theory, I agree with you, but he's pushing 50. It makes the young talent look weak when they get beat by old guys.

I was surprised how bad he looked, physically, especially standing next to Brock who is still in his prime.

The same thing happened with Batista. He looked okay by himself, but he looked old next to Del Rio.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
In theory, I agree with you, but he's pushing 50. It makes the young talent look weak when they get beat by old guys.

I was surprised how bad he looked, physically, especially standing next to Brock who is still in his prime.

The same thing happened with Batista. He looked okay by himself, but he looked old next to Del Rio.

I think the average mark doesn't care. It's the smart marks like us the care about that sort of thing.  Even at his age it's normally the best match on the card. Him and Shawn a few years back was awesome.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
I don't think they can build anybody enough to justify ending the streak - JMO.

Andre passed the torch, but I don't see anybody worthy of receiving it in this instance. Also, the fans LOVE this streak business. I'm consistently amazed at how many people buy tickets to see a crippled old man in a predictable match!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:05:19 PM »
I think this is probably takers last match..
Then it's hall of fame induction...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »
Whenever his last match comes (at WM obviously), he should do his celebration bit and then the lights go out.  One lightning strike on the teletron and when the lights come back on, he's gone.  I don't think he should break character or do a retirement speech, just finish it in the same style as his career.

And Brock isn't ending the streak.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »
Isn't Brock going back to UFC in April? I can't see him winning the match then leaving the company. I see Undertaker beating him severely and Brock never being seen again. Until of course he gets legit punched in the face and has to come runnning back to WWE. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »
Whenever his last match comes (at WM obviously), he should do his celebration bit and then the lights go out.  One lightning strike on the teletron and when the lights come back on, he's gone.  I don't think he should break character or do a retirement speech, just finish it in the same style as his career.

And Brock isn't ending the streak.

Good idea I like it!

He been big on not breaking character that's why he doesn't do interviews that often.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »
Isn't Brock going back to UFC in April? I can't see him winning the match then leaving the company. I see Undertaker beating him severely and Brock never being seen again. Until of course he gets legit punched in the face and has to come runnning back to WWE. ::)

Exactly! They'd be stupid to book Brock to go over in this match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 02:03:27 AM »
Good idea I like it!

He been big on not breaking character that's why he doesn't do interviews that often.

When Beyond the Mat was filming, Taker and Austin both insisted they not be shown out of character. Maybe it's a Texas thing. ;)

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 02:14:25 AM »
i think they'll make this the last match of the night.
i think they know they fucked up with the batista vs orton ploy.

taker to retire at the end of WM 30 with dramatic exit i think.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:00 AM »
i think they'll make this the last match of the night.
i think they know they fucked up with the batista vs orton ploy.

taker to retire at the end of WM 30 with dramatic exit i think.

I'm not saying they will, but I'd expect them to announce Taker's final match and make it a little extra special.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 02:28:03 AM »

I'm not saying they will, but I'd expect them to announce Taker's final match and make it a little extra special.

im honestly struggling to see how they'll end WM. WM 30 i would expect an epic ending but orton and batista just wont deliver it and the fans are letting them know.
youre right, taker and lesnar probably shouldnt be how taker ends his career. but just cant see them going with orton and batista to close the show

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 05:45:27 AM »
Is this a fact that Brock is returning to MMA?

From what I've read, Dana has denied it. Overeem wants a rematch, but he's just talking his own bank account.

Could it be that Brock put out the rumor to get more $$ out of Vince?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
Orton vs Batista will be a completely flat end to the show, so I'd expect them to finish with Taker/Brock.

I'm still curious whether there'll be any surprises though.  With Warrior being inducted into the HoF, it would make sense to feature him in some way at WM.  Maybe even recreate his run-in return to save Hogan all those years ago.  Let Hogan return the favour maybe?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 07:37:22 PM »
Orton vs Batista will be a completely flat end to the show, so I'd expect them to finish with Taker/Brock.

I caught Batista's match on RAW. Five minutes and he was drenched in sweat and blown up. Can't see him having a long match in a month.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »

I'm still curious whether there'll be any surprises though.  With Warrior being inducted into the HoF, it would make sense to feature him in some way at WM.  Maybe even recreate his run-in return to save Hogan all those years ago.  Let Hogan return the favour maybe?
After UT buries Brock, Sting drops from the rafters and begins a year long build up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
Jim Ross said it best....why does the streak have to be beaten....let UT walk away a winner.

The streak has to be a kind of passing the torch kind of thing like giving it to an upcomer, Reigns, Bray Wyatt etc.

Brock is a Part timer and who knows when his contract ends.....lets be real

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
After UT buries Brock, Sting drops from the rafters and begins a year long build up.

Yes! I mentioned in another thread recently that they should resurrect his Crow rip-off gimmick from WCW. And, it would require very little work on his part for the next 12 months - at least in so far as ring work.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
The streak will NEVER end. It defeats the purpose. A small predictable tidbit... ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
A small predictable tidbit...

...that the fans LOVE AND ABSOLUTELY EAT UP!!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
Here's a fun fact:

Caught an Austin Podcast with Bruce Pritchard as a guest. Pritchard said that Vince wasn't interested in hiring the then Mean Mark as he thought of him as a basketball player, but eventually gave him a shot because of a recommendation from...

Paul Heyman

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:07 AM »

...that the fans LOVE AND ABSOLUTELY EAT UP!!!!!
Was thinking about you...WWE did a special Vintage Collection on Curt Henning showing clips of him training with Larry and matches.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 06:24:46 AM »
Here's a fun fact:

Caught an Austin Podcast with Bruce Pritchard as a guest. Pritchard said that Vince wasn't interested in hiring the then Mean Mark as he thought of him as a basketball player, but eventually gave him a shot because of a recommendation from...

Paul Heyman

Okay...I need to figure out this podcast thing. I've got an iPhone, earbuds, and gym membership; how do I access his shows for cardio?