Author Topic: disappearing calves syndrome  (Read 4614 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
disappearing calves syndrome
« on: October 15, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »
What is this. I think Dennis Wolf had the same deal.

As seen in Iain. Nerve damage or tears?

2015 quite large and full. Then 2018 starts to retract and get smaller. Then 2020,,, gone.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
Re: disappearing calves syndrome
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 12:34:26 PM »
I have lost some calf size due to Sciatica last year, I have tight piriformis in the glutes and occasionaly get numbness in my foot, my leg got so bad last year I couldnt get my heel off the floor to do a single leg calf raise, I had to start over with a tension band and extend my toes.

Im back to full strength now but my calves are down in size by about an inch

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 12:44:53 PM »
I think its nerve damage from site injections.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 12:49:07 PM »
I have lost some calf size due to Sciatica last year, I have tight piriformis in the glutes and occasionaly get numbness in my foot, my leg got so bad last year I couldnt get my heel off the floor to do a single leg calf raise, I had to start over with a tension band and extend my toes.

Im back to full strength now but my calves are down in size by about an inch

This quite possibly or likely is the reason now that I look at it. I mean what are the chances both calves are torn at the same time. And they seem to have gone away progressively.

Possibly herniation fron heavy lifting, leading to compressing nerves going to the calf muscles

http://thnm.adam.com/content.aspx?productid=617&pid=1&gid=000441

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 12:55:13 PM »
I think its nerve damage from site injections.
You mean from site injecting SEO in his calves? It's a possibility I guess.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 01:12:28 PM »
Dennis Wolf syndrome - it's also always the "inner calf" that's gone, not the outer part. Funny look.

The only fact that has been established by scientific evidence regarding the matter: Once they're gone, they're gone - and there's no way back :D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 01:15:49 PM »
Dennis Wolf syndrome - it's also always the "inner calf" that's gone, not the outer part. Funny look.

The only fact that has been established by scientific evidence regarding the matter: Once they're gone, they're gone - and there's no way back :D

Woah.. that is extreme. It's like completly missing. His quad-teardrops are starting to go away too

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 01:19:45 PM »
Woah.. that is extreme. It's like completly missing. His quad-teardrops are starting to go away too

I think it's getting worse over time, until basically only the bone and skin are left lol

Ian is going to look the same in a couple of years from now. The funny thing is Dennis Wolf said he never had any injury or pain or anything in his calves, they were just not responding anymore at one point and were getting worse and worse over the years, no matter what he did to them.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 01:24:14 PM »
A sign of Palumboism

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »
Wait.. that dude in the video is the same dude in the pictures above???? Holy hell he's gone to shit if it is!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 02:00:17 PM »
Wait.. that dude in the video is the same dude in the pictures above???? Holy hell he's gone to shit if it is!
no, two different people

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 02:13:42 PM »
This is apparently the guy from the video. Labrada-ish leg structure to begin with. His inner calves are now the shortest distance between his ankles and his knees.

Would be interesting to know the spectrum of issues that this could be caused by.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »
holy crap even my calves laugh at that

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 05:17:55 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
Even calf king Dorian suffers from the syndrome.

His right gastroc quit.

Yeah it must be compressed nerves.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 05:19:33 PM »
This is apparently the guy from the video. Labrada-ish leg structure to begin with. His inner calves are now the shortest distance between his ankles and his knees.

Would be interesting to know the spectrum of issues that this could be caused by.

That's bad. Maybe he damaged some nerves tearing those quads?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 08:43:14 PM »
This post from another forum may be the answer.

Thoracodorsal nerve entrapment is very real. I have seen it with my own eyes. The lat doesn't "pull away" from the thoracolumbar fascia, it's just that fibers start to collaspe from the fascia (xmas tree) upwards. So the xmas tree is still technically in the same area, but the lats muscle fibers start to lose innervation down at the ends, and get super flat and thin, basically the same thickness as the fascia itself, so it looks like the xmas tree "spreads".

Have you seen recent pics of Ahmed Haidar? Clearly a bad nerve problem. His is very unique because he not only lost BOTH lower lats and had his xmas tree expand very wide, but he also lost the inside heads of BOTH gastrocs.

To lose both lats and both calves is a severe nerve problem, possibly a co-incidence (two injuries at once) and possibly connected somehow.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »
Must be the thoracic nerve. Because just like Dennis Wolf and Ahmed Haidar, Iains lower lats has started to fade away aswell.

https://nerveclinic.co.uk/nerve-conditions/upper-limb/long-thoracic-nerve-palsy

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
Something happened to Dorian Yates' calves also. Especially his right calf. There's a chunk missing on the inner right calf.

Arnold's calves also look a lot smaller now. And Arnold's ankles look thicker, like he is holding water in his ankles. Aging is a bitch!

Here is Yates training calves with his daughter.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 09:52:04 PM »

We've all seen some old random dude with massive Olympian calves that any Mr. O contender would be grateful for. Weird how that works. Dorian Yates had great calves and now even with training they are way down in size and would look small next to some random old dude with massive calves. I am wondering if Yates injected some stuff into his calves like Esiclene a few days before a big contest. He should not have lost that much size in his calves - especially if he kept up training them.

Eddie Hall's calves look fantastic these days. Hafthor Bjornson also has great calves. I think Eddie's calves were measured over 22". I can believe that. My own calves peaked at around 19-19.5" at a weight of around 300lbs. I am still aiming for 20" one day.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 10:41:57 PM »
Ahmed Haidar. In the end of his competetive career lost his lats and inner calves. Just like Iain And Wolf.

I think we can now put a nail in this coffin and point out that it's the Thoracic nerve.

Ahmed:

Dennis:

Now, it would be interesting to know what causes this nerve to stop "working". Impingment(likely from disc herniation), blunt force damage, or some kind of disease.

The thoracic nerves has roots in/originates from the C5, C6 and C7 in the neck.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 10:48:30 PM »
My best guess would now be herniation in the discs somewhere of the C5, C6, C7 in the neck.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 04:53:21 AM »
His thighs are bigger. I bet his calves are the same measurement.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 04:55:25 AM »

Why would he even get on stage looking like that?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 05:04:52 AM »
His thighs are bigger. I bet his calves are the same measurement.
Nope. You just have a bad eye for human anatomy. The medial gastrocnemius has alot of athropy.