Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info

Aminos

(1/2) > >>

JamieX4200:
I have some Amino fuel from twin labs.. Serving size is a tablespoon.. It says to take three. My question is, when is the best time to take, after the workout or before?  Maybe before bed with my protein drink? 

thanks,
jamie

Bast00:
that shit is in protein powder.  waste of money supplement.

Aido:
Wow.......clever answer, depends entirely upon when you eat your other meals, if you have gone maybe 2 hours or so since your last protein meal i would suggest you have it then, to avoid any catabolism during your workout.

I just use aminos as fillers for situations where I can't get in a shake or a meal.

JamieX4200:
Awesome, so maybe take some before the workout?  Otherwise if I can squeeze in a meal..

thanks,
jamie

buffbodz:
Some swear the best way to take amino acids, especially Branch chained, is before, during and after a workout.  That's how fast the amino acid pool depletes during strenuous training.  Don't be afraid of underdosing.  BCAA make up 1/3 of muscle protein and are expended from muscle tissue at a rapid rate.  This leads to increased muscle tissue breakdown.  They're great for recovery so after a checkup to make sure everythings OK.  Don't be stingy with amino's.  The results will be their, but to many people expect to much and take to little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version