Author Topic: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs  (Read 17386 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2019, 04:24:14 AM »
I have no idea what "ET faith materials" you're referring to.

Which author are you referring to?  Dolan?  If so then perhaps you're referring to remote viewing which has a lot of data to back it up though I haven't spent much time looking at it in depth.  If the subject interests you then why don't you start a thread about it.  I'm sure you'll have a coherent argument in support of your position and I look forward to reading it.

Really?  It's right there, in the video you posted and encouraged me to watch.  Stop playing dumb and admit to your ET faith.

If you're truly interested in the subject you should read Vallee's books and also check out Richard Dolan's books and his youtube page.

link to Dolanns YouTube page:  

At 18:16

"I personally am very persuaded that every single human being has some level of psychic ability"

For a very long time you keep calling Christians "fundies", which I assume is a derogatory term directed at those you consider inferior or mentally ill, by your own words, just because of their faith.

Now we all know that all this time you've just been projecting, as you are just as much if not more of a fundie and religious nut as you claim others are.

You remind me of The Luke, the "atheist" who for a while debated me on the Religion board regarding the Shroud of Turin, only to be later exposed by chaos as a believer in Bigfoot.  Then his argument shifted from disproving religion to defending his belief in Bigfoot.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=193222.msg4321884#msg4321884

Pathetic.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:47 AM »
^
Very true. A conundrum he has put himself in.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2019, 05:17:27 AM »
Straw Man will probably not return to this thread.  He won't recover.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2019, 11:12:43 AM »
Really?  It's right there, in the video you posted and encouraged me to watch.  Stop playing dumb and admit to your ET faith.

At 18:16

"I personally am very persuaded that every single human being has some level of psychic ability"

For a very long time you keep calling Christians "fundies", which I assume is a derogatory term directed at those you consider inferior or mentally ill, by your own words, just because of their faith.

Now we all know that all this time you've just been projecting, as you are just as much if not more of a fundie and religious nut as you claim others are.

You remind me of The Luke, the "atheist" who for a while debated me on the Religion board regarding the Shroud of Turin, only to be later exposed by chaos as a believer in Bigfoot.  Then his argument shifted from disproving religion to defending his belief in Bigfoot.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=193222.msg4321884#msg4321884

Pathetic.

LOL - so what

He's entitled to his opinion just like anyone else

I noticed you didn't bother to explain why you don't agree or much less offer any proof for your opinion

Not sure why you insist on foisting your "faith" nonsense onto me but I guess that just comes with being a fundie

I guess anything you idiots can't explain or don't understand must automatically be crammed into a "religion" box

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
LOL - so what

I noticed you didn't bother to explain why you don't agree or much less offer any proof for your opinion

Not sure why you insist on foisting your "faith" nonsense onto me but I guess that just comes with being a fundie

I guess anything you idiots can't explain or don't understand must automatically be crammed into a "religion" box

Every self proclaimed psychic that was silly enough or delusional enough to submit to controlled tests fared no better than what would be expected from guessing. That's why I don't believe in it. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »
If we’re to believe that the Earth is Less Than a Grain of Sand on all the beaches & Desserts in the World
It Kinda very unlikely We are the only grain of sand with Life on it.

That’s a very mind bogglingly large concept to take on board - That we are so utterly small in such
A Vast Expanse.

Just my opinion based on nothing but probability and I could be wrong but I don't believe we are the only living things in the universe. I can't really bring myself to believe we have been visited yet. But I could be wrong

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
LOL - so what

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2019, 11:35:10 AM »
Every self proclaimed psychic that was silly enough or delusional enough to submit to controlled tests fared no better than what would be expected from guessing. That's why I don't believe in it. 

do some research on remote viewing and you'll see it has very well documented results that are not a matter of chance

google remote viewing, russell targ, standford research institute for more info

as you may (or may not) know - the government (CIA and military) has invested in this research

I always find it interesting that people insist on denying things that they can't understand or explain.  Often the most vociferous deniers have also done ZERO RESEARCH on the subject they are denying and often attempt to use ridicule to support their belief (I'm not saying you're doing this but it's pretty obvious that others on this board are)

Pretty funny that the people who believe in a second century idealogy based on the premise of a talking snake, virgin birth, and having a "personal relationship" with a 2000 year old Jewish Zombie choose to ridicule things that are supported by objective evidence in the 21st century

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
do some research on remote viewing and you'll see it has very well documented results that are not a matter of chance

as you may (or may not) know - the government (CIA and military) has invested in this research

I always find it interesting that people insist on denying things that they can't understand or explain.  Often the most vociferous deniers have also done ZERO RESEARCH on the subject they are denying and often attempt to use ridicule to support their belief (I'm not saying you're doing this but it's pretty obvious that others on this board are)

Pretty funny that the people who believe in a second century idealogy based on the premise of a talking snake, virgin birth, and having a "personal relationship" with a 2000 year old Jewish Zombie choose to ridicule things that are supported by objective evidence in the 21st century

:-X

From this explanation, it is obvious that remote viewing is related to so-called psi (also known as "psychic" or "parapsychological") phenomena such as clairvoyance or telepathy.
https://www.irva.org/remote-viewing/definition.html

Remote viewing experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability. There is no scientific evidence that remote viewing exists, and the topic of remote viewing is generally regarded as pseudoscience.

Alcock, James. (1981). Parapsychology-Science Or Magic?: A Psychological Perspective. Pergamon Press. pp. 164-179. ISBN 978-0080257730

Gilovich, Thomas (1993). How We Know What Isn't So: Fallibility of Human Reason in Everyday Life. Free Press. pp. 166-173. ISBN 978-0-02-911706-4

Marks, David; Kammann, Richard. (2000). The Psychology of the Psychic. Prometheus Books. ISBN 1-57392-798-8

Wiseman, R; Milton, J (1999). "Experiment One of the SAIC Remote Viewing Program: A critical reevaluation" (PDF). Journal of Parapsychology. 62 (4): 297–308. Retrieved 2008-06-26.

Gardner, Martin (2000). Did Adam and Eve Have Navels?: Debunking Pseudoscience. New York: W.W. Norton. pp. 60–67. ISBN 978-0-393-32238-5.

Hines, Terence (2003). Pseudoscience and the Paranormal. Prometheus Books. p. 136. ISBN 1-57392-979-4.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »

I have researched it in the past. In the 60's and 70's the government researched pyschic abilities including remote viewing and after concluding it was bogus, shut down the program. Has it been reinstated?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 11:51:30 AM »

All remote viewers believe in an afterlife.  Look it up.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 11:55:31 AM »
I have researched it in the past. In the 60's and 70's the government researched pyschic abilities including remote viewing and after concluding it was bogus, shut down the program. Has it been reinstated?
That's the story they give.  Remote viewing is still being used by the military right down to the infantry squad level. 

https://warisboring.com/the-u-s-military-still-wants-psychic-marines-and-weve-got-the-manual/

Remote influencing is the BIG SECRET now being done at top secret levels.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 11:56:17 AM »
Stargate Project was the 1991 code name for a secret U.S. Army unit established in 1978 at Fort Meade, Maryland, by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and SRI International (a California contractor) to investigate the potential for psychic phenomena in military and domestic intelligence applications. The Project, and its precursors and sister projects, originally went by various code names—GONDOLA WISH, GRILL FLAME, CENTER LANE, SUN STREAK, SCANATE—until 1991 when they were consolidated and rechristened as "Stargate Project".

Stargate Project work primarily involved remote viewing, the purported ability to psychically "see" events, sites, or information from a great distance.[1] The project was overseen until 1987 by Lt. Frederick Holmes "Skip" Atwater, an aide and "psychic headhunter" to Maj. Gen. Albert Stubblebine, and later president of the Monroe Institute.[2] The unit was small-scale, comprising about 15 to 20 individuals, and was run out of "an old, leaky wooden barracks".[3]

The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues.[4] The program was featured in the 2004 book and 2009 film, both titled The Men Who Stare at Goats,[5][6][7][8] although neither mentions it by name.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2019, 11:58:04 AM »
Stargate Project was the 1991 code name for a secret U.S. Army unit established in 1978 at Fort Meade, Maryland, by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and SRI International (a California contractor) to investigate the potential for psychic phenomena in military and domestic intelligence applications. The Project, and its precursors and sister projects, originally went by various code names—GONDOLA WISH, GRILL FLAME, CENTER LANE, SUN STREAK, SCANATE—until 1991 when they were consolidated and rechristened as "Stargate Project".

Stargate Project work primarily involved remote viewing, the purported ability to psychically "see" events, sites, or information from a great distance.[1] The project was overseen until 1987 by Lt. Frederick Holmes "Skip" Atwater, an aide and "psychic headhunter" to Maj. Gen. Albert Stubblebine, and later president of the Monroe Institute.[2] The unit was small-scale, comprising about 15 to 20 individuals, and was run out of "an old, leaky wooden barracks".[3]

The Stargate Project was terminated and declassified in 1995 after a CIA report concluded that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there was reason to suspect that its project managers had changed the reports so they would fit background cues.[4] The program was featured in the 2004 book and 2009 film, both titled The Men Who Stare at Goats,[5][6][7][8] although neither mentions it by name.
Yes, I know the whole story.  I actually met Ingo Swann 25 years ago.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »
do some research on remote viewing and you'll see it has very well documented results that are not a matter of chance  I think you haven't

google remote viewing, russell targ, standford research institute for more info   I did. They don't agree with you

as you may (or may not) know - the government (CIA and military) has invested in this research  As you may not know, they dropped it after concluding it was of no use

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:30 AM »

That’s interesting to know.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2019, 08:21:25 AM »
The History Channel just started a new show on Friday, May 31st specifically about this very subject.

It is called Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation.
https://www.history.com/shows/unidentified-inside-americas-ufo-investigation

It's a one hour program that follows a team with Tom DeLonge of Blink-182 and Luis “Lue” Elizondo, who ran the U.S. government’s $22 million secret UFO program. It was known as The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program or AATIP.

You can watch the first episode of this show on OnDemand and new episodes will air on Fridays at 10:00P.M. EST right after episodes of Ancient Aliens at 9:00P.M. EST. Ancient Aliens just started their new season on Friday, May 31st as well.

I watched the premiere episode on Friday and it was pretty good.

They are going around and interviewing military and government people who have experienced UFO sightings or had to deal with the subject due to their specific government jobs.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2019, 04:32:55 PM »
All remote viewers believe in an afterlife.  Look it up.

who cares

most people believe in an "afterlife" of some kind or reincarnation....even some atheists

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »
Russell Targ talking about the remote viewing program he ran at the Stanford Research Institute
with his results published in peer reviewed journals. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »
Commander David Fravor talking about the so called "Tic Tac" UFO

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2019, 02:25:47 AM »
Russell Targ talking about the remote viewing program he ran at the Stanford Research Institute
with his results published in peer reviewed journals. 

What do you know, me and Straw Man actually agree on something. :D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2019, 12:40:52 PM »
Plenty of peers calling his work pseudoscience... who to believe,,  who to believe....

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2019/01/2135-hal-puthoff.html

"When psychologists attempted to replicate Targ and Puthoff’s remote viewing experiments (they seem to have invented the term by the way, which is really just a fancy name for “clairvoyance” or “telepathy”), they were unsurprisingly unable to do so. Accordingly, they investigated the procedure of the original experiments to see whether they could explain the discrepancy, and thus discovered that the notes given to the judges in Targ and Puthoff’s experiments contained clues as to which order they were carried out, such as referring to yesterday’s two targets, or they had the date of the session written at the top of the page. They concluded that these clues were the reason for the experiment’s high hit rate (this was not the only problem with the “research”)."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »
Plenty of peers calling his work pseudoscience... who to believe,,  who to believe....

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2019/01/2135-hal-puthoff.html

"When psychologists attempted to replicate Targ and Puthoff’s remote viewing experiments (they seem to have invented the term by the way, which is really just a fancy name for “clairvoyance” or “telepathy”), they were unsurprisingly unable to do so. Accordingly, they investigated the procedure of the original experiments to see whether they could explain the discrepancy, and thus discovered that the notes given to the judges in Targ and Puthoff’s experiments contained clues as to which order they were carried out, such as referring to yesterday’s two targets, or they had the date of the session written at the top of the page. They concluded that these clues were the reason for the experiment’s high hit rate (this was not the only problem with the “research”)."

how would knowing that information effect or discredit the results that the "viewer" got the day before?

can you clarify that?