Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board

Cheap Man's Guide To Starting Home Business

<< < (3/11) > >>

Vince G, CSN MFT:
Yes, someone wrote about selling stuff at a flea market before...... ::)

I don't cut and paste articles, I simply write them so please STFU about that. 

what.:

HERACLES:
whats so great about this advice? SO you get a damn desk, fax, some business cards, now what Vince? You need a business plan, idea!!! thats the big one...

I started my own staffing agency...www.paramount-staffing.com  DID IT ALL, incorporated, you name it..leased a space and what happened? Ran ou tof money- I couldnt open accounts fast enough...
Its hard starting something from home, people dont take you as seriously..it depends on the business though..

Vince G, CSN MFT:

--- Quote from: HERACLES on June 25, 2006, 04:55:54 PM ---whats so great about this advice? SO you get a damn desk, fax, some business cards, now what Vince? You need a business plan, idea!!! thats the big one...

I started my own staffing agency...www.paramount-staffing.com  DID IT ALL, incorporated, you name it..leased a space and what happened? Ran ou tof money- I couldnt open accounts fast enough...
Its hard starting something from home, people dont take you as seriously..it depends on the business though..

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry to hear what happenned however this thread is about starting a home business.  You started a mid-level retail business so I can't tell you what you did wrong. 

And people have been taking me seriously since 2001.  All they care about is someone who can deliver results, ship product fast, and have good squawk with the customers.  Home businesses are rapidly increasing due to layoffs, downsizing, etc.  Former 500 corporate executives &financial consultants are following lead as well.  Don't count out the home business.  It is the wave of the future.  Apparantly you weren't taken seriously unfortunately since you did go out of business but perhaps you can try again except on a smaller scale.  Going big is always risky

Mike:
If you want to start your own PT business (or any business for that matter) my #1 advice is BE PROFESSIONAL!!! 

That means:

Have business cards
Have an LLC, Inc or some other company...or shit, just make one up.
Have a printed out price sheet with ALL of their options
Have them fill out a legitimate paperwork (PAR-Q, Waiver/Release, Cancellation Policy sheet, etc.)
Dress the part (All Black, or Black and White or something solid and classy.  No muscle shirts please!!)
Be EARLY

That's it for now. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version