Author Topic: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK  (Read 4194 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 11:11:44 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 03:58:42 AM »
Will Brian die?

So far, no one named "Brian" has made it out alive.

Coincidence or is it something deeper?

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 04:00:30 AM »
Matt's crew from Thunder Bay visited Shaw.

At 8:10 Shaw does 445 (BNPP) Behind Neck Push Press:

Shoulder surgery coming soon... ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 04:35:10 AM »

I knew I was right to fear for Brian's health.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2022, 05:08:31 AM »
I knew I was right to fear for Brian's health.

Seriously, (regardless of how much time he spends pedaling his assault bike) his extreme bodyweight and his extreme height do not bode well for a long life.

Combine the two, along with his drug use and he is not long for this world.

I doubt he will make age 50.

Cardio capacity has little effect on longevity.

Shorter and lighter are key characteristics of longevity.

Matt, I see that you are frequently mocked for your height.

I believe your are close to 5'9".

5'9" is the ideal height for bodybuilder and also for a powerlifter and Olympic lifter.

Also a very good height for longevity.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2022, 05:12:48 AM »
I'm not the strongest guy around, but I'm definitely at the strong gym rat level. And for me to say I'd need to do a cycle or two to catch up to a woman - let's just say...she's Canada's Strongest Woman for a reason!

Matt - I smell an opportunity here

Phase 1 - Hit the gear, beat her lifts, then dye your hair purple and declare yourself a trans-woman!

Phase 2 - Enter the next competition she's in, smash her performance and go down in Thunder Bay history!

I've already seen you compete in pink, so you're halfway there! ;D ;)
T

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2022, 05:32:29 AM »
Seriously, (regardless of how much time he spends pedaling his assault bike) his extreme bodyweight and his extreme height do not bode well for a long life.

Combine the two, along with his drug use and he is not long for this world.

I doubt he will make age 50.

Cardio capacity has little effect on longevity.

Shorter and lighter are key characteristics of longevity.

Matt, I see that you are frequently mocked for your height.

I believe your are close to 5'9".

5'9" is the ideal height for bodybuilder and also for a powerlifter and Olympic lifter.

Also a very good height for longevity.

Thank you - I'm glad you said that - yes, I am 5'9".

And to be average in dimensions does tend to bode well for longevity.

You are right about Brian Shaw already being at risk in this regard, being that he is so tall.

I just don't get why, now that he just turned 40, he wouldn't want to live to 55 or 60.

In a video from about a year after his son was born [2016?] he said that he hopes when his son grows up, that his son will be proud of what he has done.

Does Brian think he will be around to see his son turn 15?  ???

Does Brian understand that, in all probability, he is in the last ten years of his life?

Or does he know and not care?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2022, 05:34:23 AM »
Matt - I smell an opportunity here

Phase 1 - Hit the gear, beat her lifts, then dye your hair purple and declare yourself a trans-woman!

Phase 2 - Enter the next competition she's in, smash her performance and go down in Thunder Bay history!

I've already seen you compete in pink, so you're halfway there! ;D ;)

I have much to say on this.  ;D

More on that later - it's 8:34am here, and I need to wake up early today [2pm] to go to the park with my little girl.

Good night!!!

PS - I hate early wake-ups!  :-X

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2022, 05:39:14 AM »
Damn.

One day you're fine, and holding the weight way [presumably], and the next day you're dead?

Bummer.  :(
This interview was after Mike Jenkins won the 2012 Arnold Strongman. He talks about not wanting to lose weight and he was around 400 lbs. A bit shorter than Brian Shaw. He was at this point married to Keri Jenkins. After his death around 1 year later in 2013 she hooked up with Brian Shaw and they have now a family with young boys.

Brian seems healthy to me and he carries his weight well. Because he is so tall (6'-8") the 400 lbs bodyweight is not as big an issue as someone who is 6' tall. But I think he will probably plan to drop some weight once he retires and maybe settle at around 300 lbs or so. He spoke with Jay Cutler about maybe trying out bodybuilding.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2022, 05:41:02 AM »

Yeah nobody named anything makes it out alive. I fear for everyone's health because we are all on borrowed time.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2022, 06:40:51 AM »
How hard is it to find some photos? She is on Facebook.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2022, 08:02:00 AM »
Thank you - I'm glad you said that - yes, I am 5'9".

And to be average in dimensions does tend to bode well for longevity.

You are right about Brian Shaw already being at risk in this regard, being that he is so tall.

I just don't get why, now that he just turned 40, he wouldn't want to live to 55 or 60.

In a video from about a year after his son was born [2016?] he said that he hopes when his son grows up, that his son will be proud of what he has done.

Does Brian think he will be around to see his son turn 15?  ???

Does Brian understand that, in all probability, he is in the last ten years of his life?

Or does he know and not care?

His income is based on being "Brian Shaw, WSM".

If he turned back into Clark Kent would his income decrease drastically?  Very likely.

Social media popularity drives his income.  It is fickle. 

What would he do then?  Farmer?  Movie star like Arnold? Life Coach?  Personal Trainer?  Gym owner?  Life insurance sales?

So, he has put himself in a tough position.

terrystrand

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »
If you know your Iron then you know how insane this EASY official clean and press by Ken Patera is. He POWER CLEANS it, then PRESSES it. He was the first and only American to also do 500 pounds this way. Mind-bending, if you really understand the game. This is OFF THE FLOOR !
&t=1s&ab_channel=JimMoser

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2022, 08:52:42 AM »
If you know your Iron then you know how insane this EASY official clean and press by Ken Patera is. He POWER CLEANS it, then PRESSES it. He was the first and only American to also do 500 pounds this way. Mind-bending, if you really understand the game. This is OFF THE FLOOR !
&t=1s&ab_channel=JimMoser

Patera, a beast.
One of the best ever...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2022, 09:20:57 AM »
Terrific.^

Funny thing, I was just reading about Patera the other day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2022, 09:27:31 AM »

If he turned back into Clark Kent would his income decrease drastically?  Very likely.

What would he do then?  Farmer?  Movie star like Arnold? Life Coach?  Personal Trainer?  Gym owner?  Life insurance sales?

Guys like Eddie and Thor have managed to continue to make money off their strongman fame, I see no reason Brian couldn't.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2022, 09:38:13 AM »
Guys like Eddie and Thor have managed to continue to make money off their strongman fame, I see no reason Brian couldn't.

All are still juicing hard.

So, is continuing with an unhealthy lifestyle a requirement for staying relevant?

If so, it only backs up the argument that to stay relevant and financially successful they have to stay on the unhealthy path.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »

Shaw seems to have a ton of money these days, new homes (two) another new giant gym building (he just completed one a year ago) and is now finishing a bigger-improved one.
Hes doing well for himself...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2022, 10:06:42 AM »
Shaw seems to have a ton of money these days, new homes (two) another new giant gym building (he just completed one a year ago) and is now finishing a bigger-improved one.

Hard to know.

He could be in hock up to his azz.

terrystrand

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2022, 10:25:55 AM »

Yes, the 'pro' IFBB bodybuilders make zero after paying for their travel, drugs... unlike a multimillionaire 'real' pro in the NBA, NFL, etc.
You know what they call a lifter/bodybuilder without a GF don't you?
HOMELESS !

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2022, 12:02:28 PM »
This interview was after Mike Jenkins won the 2012 Arnold Strongman. He talks about not wanting to lose weight and he was around 400 lbs. A bit shorter than Brian Shaw. He was at this point married to Keri Jenkins. After his death around 1 year later in 2013 she hooked up with Brian Shaw and they have now a family with young boys.

Brian seems healthy to me and he carries his weight well. Because he is so tall (6'-8") the 400 lbs bodyweight is not as big an issue as someone who is 6' tall. But I think he will probably plan to drop some weight once he retires and maybe settle at around 300 lbs or so. He spoke with Jay Cutler about maybe trying out bodybuilding.

K, wait WHAT? - Keri was married to Mike Jenkins, he CROAKS from being 6'6" and 390-lb, and her way to cope with the PTSD and trauma of having a relationship with a giant hulk of a croaking man is to...find another giant hulking man who will croak quickly?  ???

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the wife of Jesse Marunde who started dating Nick Best after Jesse died. But no.

I guess she likes her men big and dead.

PS - bodybuilding after Strongman?  ??? Does anyone know the name of Brian Shaw's favourite movie?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2022, 12:10:50 PM »

I get that. I do, but...like God, am I the ONLY PERSON who saved everything I made until I had a couple of M in the bank, then put that cash into investments, and lived off the investments?

My city has about the lowest cost of living in NORTH AMERICA.

NO ONE needs more than $750K to $1.25M in savings to COMFORTABLY live off.

Comfortably = do the math: calculate 7% interest per year on $1.25M.

HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?

And you KNOW that Brian should have earned at least $5M by now, after taxes. Or...close enough.

Seven percent of $5M = $350K per year.

Whatever. Don't listen to me [not you, IroNat - but everyone]. Spend your money. Enjoy it. And work a crap 9 to 5 forever. And in Brian's case - die to become a 5x or 6x WSM.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2022, 12:12:09 PM »
Jenkins also had DMAA in his system when he died. A lot of stories concentrated on steroid usage, but stims have contributed  to a few big guys deaths as well.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2022, 12:17:34 PM »
Jenkins also had DMAA in his system when he died. A lot of stories concentrated on steroid usage, but stims have contributed  to a few big guys deaths as well.

Great post. Just revisited this now:

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/2014/06/long-time_steroid_use_helped_k_1.html

Look at the best red forensic examiner talking about Mike's various health problems, lol:

And it looks like obsidian was bang on about Keri Shaw's dating life / taste in men:

It is with great sadness that we report that American strongman Mike Jenkins has died, age 31.

Confirmed by his wife, Keri, yesterday via Mike Jenkins’ Facebook page, the tragic news has been met with a flood of messages of condolences from his army of fans.

https://strongman.org/news/mike-jenkins-dies-age-31/

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 12:20:43 PM »
Here we go a long form (13 pages, first 3-5 might be the most interesting for this conversation) look at Jenkins death -

https://starkcenter.org/igh/igh-v12/igh-v12-n4-v13-n1/igh1204-1301p54.pdf .