Author Topic: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK  (Read 4237 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2022, 12:32:42 PM »
Here we go a long form (13 pages, first 3-5 might be the most interesting for this conversation) look at Jenkins death -

https://starkcenter.org/igh/igh-v12/igh-v12-n4-v13-n1/igh1204-1301p54.pdf .

Great find, BB.

For someone like me who fears for the health of these large men, that was a good read.

Damn shame. I wish there was some way to square this circle. But no. Strongman is an extreme sport, and that's just the way it is.

Bill Kazmaier, if I'm not mistaken, will be 69 this year.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2022, 01:27:43 PM »
All are still juicing hard.

So, is continuing with an unhealthy lifestyle a requirement for staying relevant?

If so, it only backs up the argument that to stay relevant and financially successful they have to stay on the unhealthy path.
I would assume Brian will stay on to some extent. Point is, he's done well for himself and it wouldn't be far fetched to assume he'll continue in strongman in some capacity after he retires. His lifespan? Who knows? Big guys don't tend to live as long as little fellas.

For Matt, check out Terry Hollands transformation since he retired from strongman.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2022, 01:46:35 PM »
After Jenkins died, Keri (Jenkins wife) married Shaw.

After Jesse Marunde died, Callie (Jesse's wife) married Nick Best.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2022, 02:39:37 PM »

Makes sense as that is their social circle.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 02:40:28 PM »
Makes sense as that is their social swinging circle.
fixed

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »

Here she calls her mom after Jenkins won the ASC. Fucked up that he died so young and now his friend is the one that has a family with her. But then Shaw's sons would not exist if it was not for Mike's death. That's how life works sometimes. Same goes for Nick Best.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »
K, wait WHAT? - Keri was married to Mike Jenkins, he CROAKS from being 6'6" and 390-lb, and her way to cope with the PTSD and trauma of having a relationship with a giant hulk of a croaking man is to...find another giant hulking man who will croak quickly?  ???

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the wife of Jesse Marunde who started dating Nick Best after Jesse died. But no.

I guess she likes her men big and dead.

PS - bodybuilding after Strongman?  ??? Does anyone know the name of Brian Shaw's favourite movie?
I reckon she likes bigger and stronger dudes. Some women are wired that way. My wife also prefers taller and bigger guys and not really into dudes that are 5'-6". I myself am currently close to 300 lbs at 6'-2". I need to lose some weight though. A good weight for me is around 230-245 lbs.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego

terrystrand

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »
These 300 pound guys can lift tremendous weights in all kinds of lifts, but they'd die if they had to run for a bus for a block or dash up some stairs a few flights when the elevator is kaput.
And they don't give a rat's ash... so they can leave a widow and little kids to chase their effing 'dream'... not to mention being chemical clowns.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2022, 04:27:56 AM »
Interesting that Jenkins previous medical exams, while disclosing an enlarged heart, gave no indications of his myriad other problems.

terrystrand

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2022, 06:59:21 AM »
Every.
Single.
One of these drug monkeys doesn't give a shit about their loved ones/family. All they care about is breaking some effing record. How would you like your hypothetical daughter to be married to one of the 300 pound ash holes? Dorks.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2022, 02:36:40 AM »
Every.
Single.
One of these drug monkeys doesn't give a shit about their loved ones/family. All they care about is breaking some effing record. How would you like your hypothetical daughter to be married to one of the 300 pound ash holes? Dorks.
No, but I wouldn't tell him.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2022, 04:28:26 AM »
Every.
Single.
bit of a tool yourself, squatting with no hands on the bar aint smart @1:55  it´s  a shame Ironage is long gone. was good for you old retards.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2022, 04:43:27 AM »
That's a good video.^

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2022, 04:46:32 AM »
That's a good video.^
It´s very old. Terry strand is a know it all who spews shit about Vince Gironda. Anything else is not real training in his eyes. utter bellend.

terrystrand

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2022, 05:05:48 AM »
It´s very old. Terry strand is a know it all who spews shit about Vince Gironda. Anything else is not real training in his eyes. utter bellend.

Put your video up there, fatso... :P :P :P :P :P

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2022, 10:37:28 AM »
Here she calls her mom after Jenkins won the ASC. Fucked up that he died so young and now his friend is the one that has a family with her. But then Shaw's sons would not exist if it was not for Mike's death. That's how life works sometimes. Same goes for Nick Best.

Never understood why anyone would ever go out with a lass that had been with one of their mates? thought most blokes just wouldn’t even go there. A mate of mine started dating and eventually married a lass who another one of our mates was finger banging her in a nightclub the week before they started dating but I assumed he was exception since was dating and disgusting so couldn’t afford to be picky

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2022, 01:24:54 PM »
Never understood why anyone would ever go out with a lass that had been with one of their mates? thought most blokes just wouldn’t even go there. A mate of mine started dating and eventually married a lass who another one of our mates was finger banging her in a nightclub the week before they started dating but I assumed he was exception since was dating and disgusting so couldn’t afford to be picky

:D

If that happened in the middle of the dance floor while she had her hands full - some awful cocktail in one hand and a fag in the other - while dancing to Agadoo, that would be fucking perfect!

No - one addition - he had to poke a hole in her polyester tights to hit the jackpot - that would make it the stuff of legend!

;D
T

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2022, 02:16:34 PM »
:D

If that happened in the middle of the dance floor while she had her hands full - some awful cocktail in one hand and a fag in the other - while dancing to Agadoo, that would be fucking perfect!

No - one addition - he had to poke a hole in her polyester tights to hit the jackpot - that would make it the stuff of legend!

;D

Haha I wish I could make your day by confirming this my friend but I wasn’t there that night so can’t knowingly say but do know my mate removed another man’s hand from her pussy so he could have his turn frigging her with his nicotine stained calloused sausage fingers

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »
i beg to differ that feat was accomplished no more than an hour ago - by no other than Mike Otren

His toupee is screaming for life holding on to his scalp while he’s pressing away

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2022, 10:27:33 PM »
I reckon she likes bigger and stronger dudes. Some women are wired that way. My wife also prefers taller and bigger guys and not really into dudes that are 5'-6". I myself am currently close to 300 lbs at 6'-2". I need to lose some weight though. A good weight for me is around 230-245 lbs.

That's amazing, obsidian!

You must be very strong at that size.

I try to stay 175-180 at 5'9", because I am a big hypochondriac. I'm just obsessed with keeping my resting heart rate at 52-55, and keeping all my health markers well into the optimal range.

Although I am really leaning towards running some gear once my blood work and urinalysis come back ok.

Getbiggers will easily be able to see that I'm gear [relatively LOW DOSE gear, so I don't get shut down too hard, as I'd like to recover relatively quickly], and just get a bunch of good pictures, then go back to normal.

I could be 185-200, but my waist gets big around there  I have been feeling poorly due to the plandemic/joke, and look forward to wearing a tank top, and seeing heads turning towards me.

It really makes me wonder:

I have people stopping and looking at me, even being 180 and probably over 15% body fat. What does that say about the state of the average person that my paltry physique can turn heads? North Are massively out of shape.

Surely, you must have half the world looking at you, being 6'2" and 300?

I'm assuming you are not "fat", just a bit heavy by bodybuilding standards, and that you'd be massive and ripped at 230-245?

I'd like to run some gear, and slightly exceed this physique - I was 195 in the photo below, with no gear. However, as you can see, my waist expands once I get to that size. My goal would be to hopefully maintain the arms size, and my delts size [delta are my ONLY strong point - arguably, my triceps are not bad, but EVERYTHING else is a weak point], but to also have a small waist while keeping the muscularity.

Have you found 230-245 hard to maintain while living an everyday life?

I feel that while I could be in better shape - I can only go so far without devoting too much time to it, and wishing to generally not use gear. That's why I pick 175-180, because it's sustainable for everyday life.

Would you be intending to stay at 230-245, or would it just be a temporary thing, to be in your best shape for a while, then allow your weight to go back up?

Hendrixian

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2022, 11:32:44 PM »
Brian said he is extremely competitive, he can't even play a game with his family without thinking about winning. It's probably gonna kill him, he should have retired already.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2022, 11:46:32 PM »
Brian said he is extremely competitive, he can't even play a game with his family without thinking about winning. It's probably gonna kill him, he should have retired already.

That's sad in a way...I mean, in that [as you said] it's probably going to kill him.

Even if he wins five WSM titles and ties Mariusz Pudzianowski, then what? Win six, for the all-time record?

Oleksiy Novikov is, what, 25 or 26 years old, and already has a title? I could see him potentially win six more by age 35.

It is possible.

So I just wish Brian would retire, for the sake of his family. Also, you have to wonder how his wife feels, having previously experienced losing Mike Jenkins.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2022, 03:15:39 AM »
Finger banging? Were they in 8th grade?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2022, 04:30:13 AM »
Finger banging? Were they in 8th grade?

Was her name Mary Jane Rottencrotch?