Author Topic: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK  (Read 4234 times)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 445LB BEHIND THE NECK
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2022, 08:10:06 AM »
Was her name Mary Jane Rottencrotch?

did she wear pretty pink panties?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2022, 06:47:53 PM »
It turned out that Sam Beliveau [soon to be Sam Boudreault - the fiancee of #3 WSM competitor Maxime Boudreault] had an accident in contest while doing and Axle Clean and Press with 250-lb [swipe left]:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdbj5ADJyav/

Incredible strength for a female strength athlete! Or, frankly [let's be honest], for anyone. I'm not sure if she has lifted that before [it's not clear from the post], but judging from her other overhead lifts, she seems to be somewhere around there.

I don't know many men who can clean and press that weight. Most of those who I do know are either very heavy, or on a lot of juice [usually both]. I have push pressed 230-lb on a barbell before, but never 250 - and never on an axle.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2022, 07:50:02 PM »
That's sad in a way...I mean, in that [as you said] it's probably going to kill him.

Even if he wins five WSM titles and ties Mariusz Pudzianowski, then what? Win six, for the all-time record?

Oleksiy Novikov is, what, 25 or 26 years old, and already has a title? I could see him potentially win six more by age 35.

It is possible.

So I just wish Brian would retire, for the sake of his family. Also, you have to wonder how his wife feels, having previously experienced losing Mike Jenkins.

He’ll prob die and then she’ll have attended two funerals, then seek out another 6’6 400 pound man to repeat the process and go for a 3 peat

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2022, 10:13:55 PM »

He’ll prob die and then she’ll have attended two funerals, then seek out another 6’6 400 pound man to repeat the process and go for a 3 peat

Right?

LOL!

Intuitively, my view would be that it would be a TRAUMATIZING event to see your 31-year YOUNG husband drop dead - almost certainly due to his lifestyle - and move directly on to a man the same age and even BIGGER - AND have a family with that man - knowing she may have to live through the same trauma of losing him too young.

You'd think that would have to factor into her thought process somewhere...but I guess not.

I guess she really has a penchant for MASSIVE men. She probably respects how work ethic too, and is attracted to that + feels protected by him.

That's all well and good - but it couldn't feel good to see your life partner drop dead like that. And among pro Strongman, shorter lifespans are almost guaranteed.

IMO, the best thing that could happen to Brian Shaw is that he gets a career-ending injury just during the last even at WSM, after securing enough points to win it.

Win #5, get a career ending injury, and drop to 285-lb ASAP, and save his own life.

Canada's Strongest Man JF Caron just sustained a career ending leg injury at the Arnold Pro, and I was HAPPY that happened. Caron has NO QUIT in him, but now he has to quit. And that's for the best, IMO.

It makes me sad that these guys don't think about the second halves of their lives, despite the numerous industry deaths - especially lately.  :(

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2022, 03:45:27 PM »
Road warrior animal did 445 bnp

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2022, 04:35:38 PM »
Road warrior animal did 445 bnp

Getbiggers do 405 for 12 on upright rows

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2022, 01:21:07 AM »

Canada's Strongest Man JF Caron just sustained a career ending leg injury at the Arnold Pro, and I was HAPPY that happened. Caron has NO QUIT in him, but now he has to quit. And that's for the best, IMO.

It makes me sad that these guys don't think about the second halves of their lives, despite the numerous industry deaths - especially lately.  :(

A blessing in disguise for Caron.  Fate intervened...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2022, 03:10:54 AM »
Getbiggers do 405 for 12 on upright rows

Only exercise that matters.