Author Topic: California - is it this bad?  (Read 1925 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
California - is it this bad?
« on: January 28, 2023, 10:41:14 AM »
Can any California Getbiggers weigh-in?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: California - is it this bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 10:52:19 AM »
San Bernadino

As of 2007 households within one mile of the city core had a median income of only $20,480, less than half that of the Inland region as a whole.[39] Over 15 percent of San Bernardino residents are unemployed as of 2012, and over 40 percent are on some form of public assistance.[40] According to the US Census, 34.6 percent of residents live below the poverty level, making San Bernardino the poorest city for its population in California, and the second poorest in the US next to Detroit.[41]

>
San Bernardino has long battled high crime rates. According to statistics published by Morgan Quitno, San Bernardino was the 16th most dangerous US city in 2003,[63] 18th in 2004[64] and 24th in 2005. San Bernardino's murder rate was 29 per 100,000 in 2005, the 13th highest murder rate in the country and the third highest in the state of California after Compton and Richmond.[65] Police efforts have significantly reduced crime in 2008[66] and a major drop collectively since 1993 when the city's murder rate placed ninth in the nation.[67] Thirty two killings occurred in 2009, a number identical to 2008 and the lowest murder rate in San Bernardino since 2002, but only a third of cases led to arrests.[68][69] According to findings by the U.S. Census Bureau, San Bernardino was among the most poverty-stricken cities in the nation, second nationally behind Detroit.[70]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bernardino,_California

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 10:56:50 AM »
San Bernadino

As of 2007 households within one mile of the city core had a median income of only $20,480, less than half that of the Inland region as a whole.[39] Over 15 percent of San Bernardino residents are unemployed as of 2012, and over 40 percent are on some form of public assistance.[40] According to the US Census, 34.6 percent of residents live below the poverty level, making San Bernardino the poorest city for its population in California, and the second poorest in the US next to Detroit.[41]

>
San Bernardino has long battled high crime rates. According to statistics published by Morgan Quitno, San Bernardino was the 16th most dangerous US city in 2003,[63] 18th in 2004[64] and 24th in 2005. San Bernardino's murder rate was 29 per 100,000 in 2005, the 13th highest murder rate in the country and the third highest in the state of California after Compton and Richmond.[65] Police efforts have significantly reduced crime in 2008[66] and a major drop collectively since 1993 when the city's murder rate placed ninth in the nation.[67] Thirty two killings occurred in 2009, a number identical to 2008 and the lowest murder rate in San Bernardino since 2002, but only a third of cases led to arrests.[68][69] According to findings by the U.S. Census Bureau, San Bernardino was among the most poverty-stricken cities in the nation, second nationally behind Detroit.[70]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bernardino,_California

Wow...

I had only really heard of San Bernardino from it being the city with the first McDonald's.

I didn't realize it was as bad as Thunder Bay.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 10:57:01 AM »

Ethnic diversity

Western, central, and parts of eastern San Bernardino are home to mixed-ethnic working class populations, of which the Latino and African-American populations comprise the vast majority of the city.

Indigenous

The city of San Bernardino, California, occupies much of the San Bernardino Valley, a valley long inhabited by the Tongva.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 11:16:49 AM »
He makes it look slightly worse than it really is. There are obviously bad pockets of people everywhere and some more rural areas tend to already be on the poorer side so those areas come across even worse. That's what his films are about, not going into the middle/upper class neighborhoods to show how the majority live, only focuses on the downtrodden.
Having said that, California has put in place policies that encourage homeless to come in from other states, drug addicts, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. This state is circling the drain quite rapidly and I don't know if it's salvageable. Take a look at the budget surplus from last year to the deficit of this year. Something like 100 Biliion.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 11:30:00 AM »
San Bernardino is a dump but if it was his hometown it’s been a dump his whole life.

As Chaos said, Of course there are good areas he’s showing the worst.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 11:47:55 AM »
Wow...

I had only really heard of San Bernardino from it being the city with the first McDonald's.

I didn't realize it was as bad as Thunder Bay.

Aren’t Bill And Ted from there?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 11:57:06 AM »

Ethnic diversity

Western, central, and parts of eastern San Bernardino are home to mixed-ethnic working class populations, of which the Latino and African-American populations comprise the vast majority of the city.

Indigenous

The city of San Bernardino, California, occupies much of the San Bernardino Valley, a valley long inhabited by the Tongva.

Wrong side of the track, steriod head. Negros are to the West.  Everything East by Riverside is b e a n e r s.  Don't drink the water.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2023, 12:04:20 PM »
Grew up in Woodland Hills, porter ranch area. Worked out at powerhouse in chatsworth for awhile, but now it’s crunch fitness, homeless people everywhere

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 12:10:16 PM »
He makes it look slightly worse than it really is. There are obviously bad pockets of people everywhere and some more rural areas tend to already be on the poorer side so those areas come across even worse. That's what his films are about, not going into the middle/upper class neighborhoods to show how the majority live, only focuses on the downtrodden.
Having said that, California has put in place policies that encourage homeless to come in from other states, drug addicts, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. This state is circling the drain quite rapidly and I don't know if it's salvageable. Take a look at the budget surplus from last year to the deficit of this year. Something like 100 Biliion.

Whenever I hear a description of CA, I think the same thing: It needs to be broken up.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 01:03:11 PM »
Wrong side of the track, steriod head. Negros are to the West.  Everything East by Riverside is b e a n e r s.  Don't drink the water.
Unfortunately for you, the Negros as you put it, have migrated East in San Berdoo/Riverside. Watched a group of 15-20 of them get their homeless encampment raided at a park. Plenty of tweaker crackers out there too.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2023, 01:36:07 PM »

Hahahaha! I think so! that must be worth something. One of my all time favorites..

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 05:31:00 PM »

San Dimas. ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 05:39:29 PM »
San Dimas. ;D

Thanks. I knew they’d never let their city fall to disrepair like that!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »

Amen,  brother!   ;D

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 06:18:02 PM »
   I lived near San Bernardino for 10 years from 1987-1997.  I saw this video before and it was bitter sweet.  I left Cal back in 1997 but I look back at San Berdoo as where I grew up, worked hard and studied hard.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »
Simply cancelling welfare & freebies would solve 90%. You get what you subsidize.

Lol @ art festivals. I brought up the issue of street lunatics to a resident of Fremantle (Western Australia libtopia) 3 times during the course of our conversation, and 3 times he gave no answer, acted like he never heard the question which I asked with crystal clarity. It was weird. Fine, enjoy crackheads assaulting your daughters, delusional lib.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 06:30:48 PM »

Because they lived by two simple guidelines:

1.  Be excellent to each other
2.  Party on, dudes

~

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 09:00:21 PM »
Just passed through last week, a total overpriced shitehole.  I refuse to stay anywhere except the airport so that I can get out of there as quick as possible plus, the service sucks at the airport, but its $500 less per night for the same crappy service at a better location, California LA especially was sliding before the pandemic, post pandemic its a total lazy liberal shitehole. Level of entitlement for poor service is astounding, best way to describe the place, Golds Venice twenty years ago was the place to train, it now still charges like its the place to be, but you will find better equipment at nearly any other gym. LA is the same shit theme parks, etc but people at this point still go, it can't live of its history forever, its current is a modern day drug infested shitehole getting worse each year.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2023, 09:09:42 PM »
The income levels would be higher but non-citizens aren't filing/paying taxes....duh.

That's why Commiefornia needs Newsome to run for POTUS...they can't operate in the future without huge federal bailouts.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 01:26:13 AM »
   I lived near San Bernardino for 10 years from 1987-1997.  I saw this video before and it was bitter sweet.  I left Cal back in 1997 but I look back at San Berdoo as where I grew up, worked hard and studied hard.
I know a guy who lives in Trona which is in San Bernardino county. It has to be the shittiest town in California. He bought his house for $12,500 cash.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2023, 02:26:28 AM »
LMFAO The results of 5 years of "We make America great again, we're gonna WIN WIN WIN !!" ;D

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2023, 02:39:59 AM »
Libturdz. Dumbest being to have ever existed...  ::)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2023, 05:33:31 AM »
Simply cancelling welfare & freebies would solve 90%. You get what you subsidize.

Lol @ art festivals. I brought up the issue of street lunatics to a resident of Fremantle (Western Australia libtopia) 3 times during the course of our conversation, and 3 times he gave no answer, acted like he never heard the question which I asked with crystal clarity. It was weird. Fine, enjoy crackheads assaulting your daughters, delusional lib.

It will get worse before it will get better.