Author Topic: Question regarding female bodybuilding  (Read 9658 times)

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Question regarding female bodybuilding
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:30:24 PM »
I'm new to female bodybuilding and I'm concerned after watching Sarah Dunlap's videos.  What happens to the voice and face, and what causes it?  I don't see any girls at my gym like this.  My female trainer has been working out and competing for 10 years and doesn't have any of these characteristics.  I don't want to continue working out if I'm going to end up looking like Sarah, but I'd would like to look like my trainer.  Why is there such a big difference? 

APPARENTLY, something is going on and I'm not sure what it is...
I Love The True Adon

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Question regarding female bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:42:42 PM »
I'm new to female bodybuilding and I'm concerned after watching Sarah Dunlap's videos.  What happens to the voice and face, and what causes it?  I don't see any girls at my gym like this.  My female trainer has been working out and competing for 10 years and doesn't have any of these characteristics.  I don't want to continue working out if I'm going to end up looking like Sarah, but I'd would like to look like my trainer.  Why is there such a big difference? 

Calm down, baby Jezzy.....

It would take you years of AAS use to gain male characteristics.

Listen to your trainer and stay vigilant.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:09:33 PM »

DIV

Im confused. I looked up AAS and it is steroids. Right?
Then I saw some of your posts and you say that you think steroids are a good idea.  I am confused.

Why do girls take steroids? I had no idea it was like that. 
I Love The True Adon

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »
Newsflash:

when women take steroids

they can get

facial hair, deeper voices, clit enlargement.

In other words ... they become men.  But I still love em. ;D
:D Weee

windycitystrength

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:55:57 AM »

Of course you don't see any women like this at your gym - Sarah is an extraordinarily gifted and unique world class bodybuilder. 

Characteristics? What characteristics are you referring too? Her voice on a poorly shot video that was the result of Sarah being up for days straight doing photo shoots and along the way laughing so hard non-stop that her voice was beyond hoarse.  And her face - obviouslyyou have never seen Sarah in person to see her striking beauty that stops guys in their tracks left and right and causes them to go ga-ga.  In fact, how many car wrecks have you or your trainer caused from guys hanging out their car windows to gawk at you? My guess is none.

So before you cast judgement on someone that you don't know and that you have never met in person my suggestion is that you don't say anything at all.  Or better yet, why don't you go to Sarah's website and email her with any questions you have.  I'm quite confident seeing that Sarah has been a competitive athlete since she was five in gymnastics, track, swimming, diving, crew, and martial arts, and has translated that extreme discipline into 3-a-day workouts for many years with a level of intensity that would crush 99.9% of the male bodybuilders on this board, combined with a more regimented diet than I have ever witnessed in the very many years I have been in this sport, that she could teach you more in a short email than your trainer has to this point.

So like I said, before you cast judgement on someone you don't know and have never interacted with, take a minute to get to know them.

www.sarahdunlapsworld.co m

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »
Windy.. I did not see  the initial post as being judegemental.  There is no way one can disregard the use of AAS in this sport. I do not know Sarah, nor can I state anything about her usage or non usage, BUT AAS do affect the voice and face and that is a fact that is plain as day.

Some people who know nothing of this industry do not realize the use of AAS, and if the original poster had no hidden agenda, then I do not see why her question should not be answered.

windycitystrength

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:45:01 PM »
Dina,
First off, no one, myself included is disregarding the use of AAS.
Second, if you look at Jezebelles post history you'll see that this post is a deliberate slam on Sarah.
Jezebelle has posted numerous slams against female bodybuilders and another deliberate slam against Sarah calling her a hypocrite.
She comes on this post pretending to be a newbie.
Bull.
I let "her" off easy this time.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 06:01:50 PM »
i think someone shoulda explained to the poor gal that AAS = anabolic androgenic steroids...
carpe` vaginum!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 08:26:30 AM »
I don't want to continue working out if I'm going to end up looking like Sarah, but I'd would like to look like my trainer.  Why is there such a big difference? 

You're never going to look like Sarah, period.  Of the more than 3 billion women in the world, there are fewer than 100 at Sarah's level. 

As Windy states, Sarah is a world-class physique athlete.  Your trainer is just a woman at your gym. 

There's a reason why a world-class marathoner can outrun the guy on your street, even though he goes jogging every day. 

Strive to be your best, not someone else's.  Good luck to you and I do hope you'll achieve your fitness goals.

--Tre' Scott
femflex.com

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 02:36:05 PM »
You're never going to look like Sarah, period.  Of the more than 3 billion women in the world, there are fewer than 100 at Sarah's level. 

As Windy states, Sarah is a world-class physique athlete.  Your trainer is just a woman at your gym. 

There's a reason why a world-class marathoner can outrun the guy on your street, even though he goes jogging every day. 

--Tre' Scott
femflex.com

damn..people still buy that one  ::)

its the juice..without the juice Sarah would not be a world class (ahem) athlete...without the juice she'd be just another girl working out in a gym someplace...PERIOD!

..sorry bro..i had to bust your balls on this one...
carpe` vaginum!

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 02:05:55 PM »
i call bullshit on that. juice may give an edge but it never gave someone dedication, drive, ability, or genetics. shut up
i guess you think barry bonds would be pumping gas instead of knocking homeruns with test? moron.
hand-eye coordination comes from ability and training.
Gonna Beat Em'

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 05:27:42 PM »
i call bullshit on that. juice may give an edge but it never gave someone dedication, drive, ability, or genetics. shut up
i guess you think barry bonds would be pumping gas instead of knocking homeruns with test? moron.

we r talking bodybuilding..hand eye coordination my ASS...

yanno how many pro bbers dont even train when off the juice?? they call it time off  ::)

my training goes a helluva lot better when i'm on the juice..i'm more aggressive and focused and determined..

stop sugar coating it and making it sound more difficult than it really is...yeesh..
carpe` vaginum!

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »
damn..people still buy that one  ::)

its the juice..without the juice Sarah would not be a world class (ahem) athlete...without the juice she'd be just another girl working out in a gym someplace...PERIOD!

..sorry bro..i had to bust your balls on this one...
Good post.

we r talking bodybuilding..hand eye coordination my ASS...

yanno how many pro bbers dont even train when off the juice?? they call it time off 
Even better.  ;)

Lee

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 04:44:38 PM »

you r comparing bodybuilding with a legit sport...

bbing does NOT require as much hand eye coordination as baseball...

lemme guess..you r a noob that just started his first cycle and have dreams of one day being MR olympia...lol...what ws it that Tom Platz used to say "dare to dream" lol...

noob..
carpe` vaginum!

fitfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 05:01:51 PM »
"stop sugar coating it and making it sound more difficult than it really is...yeesh.."

One question...if it's not that difficult, then why aren't you a pro? 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »
"stop sugar coating it and making it sound more difficult than it really is...yeesh.."

One question...if it's not that difficult, then why aren't you a pro? 

cause i teach ..

and i have not juiced in copious quantities for 20 years...

might not have made me a pro..but i'm sure i'd be in the 260lb range eh...

ok ok fine..genetics..hard work and lets just go ahead and believe that HMB sure does work like deca  ::)
carpe` vaginum!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 12:32:08 AM »
just cause you take steroids doesnt mean you'll become huge. genetics is sooooo important. i know people who have taken them with very little results. you also gotta bust your ass in the gym and have a good diet or the stuff aint gonna do shit for ya.

as to the posters original question.. look up what side effects women have when they take ASS. you'll probably read about some of the things you saw on sarah's video

good luck on your future in the sport

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »

Jezebelle, if in fact you are sincere in your comments/questions, and don't have an "agenda" here, then you only have to look at the legions upon legions of all-natural female weight-trainers worldwide...recreational bodybuilders, competing bodybuilders (like regular Getbig contributers Jodi and Rhonda-a.k.a "Insomnia"), Olympic weightlifters, and Powerlifters who have magnificent "all-female" figures, and some are tremendously strong and athletic!

Of course, you can never, ever, judge/evaluate anyone until you actually see them in-person, includng Sarah Dunlap!  Mere pictures can be very misleading!!

Yes, there are many female figure/fitness/BB competitors who take varying amounts of BB drugs to increase their muscle size/vascularity, and some of these BB drugs (the male androgens) engender "masculinizing characteristics" such as deeper-voice-levels, increased hair growth, genitalia changes, etc., in these male-androgen-using women (to varying degrees).

Pecs n Muscle

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 08:59:59 AM »

I agree with "division"!!   Do your homework, read up on AAS, LISTEN TO YOUR TRAINER!  Alot of the male characteristics come from women ABUSING steroids, BUT u can use smart and responsibly and will have minimum sides.  Good book to get: Anabolics2005 It specifically addresses cycles and dosages for women, along with warnings and sides.

http://www.she-lifts.com/shellie_petty/index.html

DIV