Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

A supplement like Creatine to aid in longer workouts

(1/3) > >>

GoneAway:
I've been doing some study into Creatine and found that it aids in the shorter workouts of around 1-6 reps, and then drops off in its effectiveness, due to the ATP/PC energy system being taken over by the Lactic Acid system. So, Creatine as a supplement isn't entirely as benefitial as it could be for hypertropy in the 10-12 rep range.

I was curious if there is a supplement or drug that would aid in sets once the ATP/PC stores have finished their work and the Lactic Acid energy system takes over?

Get Rowdy:
What are you really asking for? A supplement that improves the enzymatic reactions to breakdown glucose and glycogen into ATP?

garebear:
Just do some steroids.

GoneAway:

--- Quote from: Get Rowdy on September 16, 2008, 03:16:46 AM ---What are you really asking for? A supplement that improves the enzymatic reactions to breakdown glucose and glycogen into ATP?

--- End quote ---

What I'm asking for is if there is a supplement that can provide longer-lasting muscle glycogen to aid in ATP reformation during resistance training exercise of 10 - 12 reps. Basically, to make me stronger for longer, when the PC stores have all but run out.

flexingtonsteele:
yea beta alanine is what your looking for, do some research on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version