Author Topic: I just watched a horror movie  (Read 74254 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: I just watched a horror movie
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2022, 01:42:35 AM »

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 02:00:23 AM »
I've seen every Italian cannibal movie.
Are they good?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 02:12:06 AM »
Yeah it was called The House on the Edge of the Park, from 1980

Reminds me of my childhood. There was an old bat who lived in a house on the edge of the park we used to play football in.
She'd run out shouting at us all the time. Mad old bat.
Eventually Matthew Lewis and Tom Wellings busted her windows

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 09:48:42 AM »
Are they good?

What made me start paying attention to the genre was hearing about Cannibal Holocaust about 8 years ago and being very surprised I'd never heard of it. I ended up seeing everything in that genre 1 time. Italian B movies had a great run from the late-fifties to the early-80s. They started with the peplum films, then spaghetti westerns, mondo documentaries, spy movies, giallo horror, crime poliziotteschi, cannibal, post-apocalyptic, and others.   

Italian authorities thought Cannibal Holocaust's director actually killed people that you see in the film and he was put on trial. Brutal if true. Decide for yourself:

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2022, 09:08:01 PM »
What made me start paying attention to the genre was hearing about Cannibal Holocaust about 8 years ago and being very surprised I'd never heard of it. I ended up seeing everything in that genre 1 time. Italian B movies had a great run from the late-fifties to the early-80s. They started with the peplum films, then spaghetti westerns, mondo documentaries, spy movies, giallo horror, crime poliziotteschi, cannibal, post-apocalyptic, and others.   

Italian authorities thought Cannibal Holocaust's director actually killed people that you see in the film and he was put on trial. Brutal if true. Decide for yourself:

As an Italian American myself, I'm fascinated by this. Some Italians are twisted though (some people of any ethnicity can be twisted though)

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2022, 01:09:33 AM »
I watched Cannibal holocaust, good movie!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2022, 02:43:34 AM »
I watched Cannibal holocaust, good movie!
I hated watching the animals tortured. The humans I enjoyed.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2022, 02:46:52 AM »
I love horror movies so much. It sucks going thru Netflix,Amazon,Hulu etc… and seeing so many movies that look awesome then turning them on and they are foreign,sub titled,dubbed etc… wish I could watch them but I just can’t handle that shit.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2022, 02:50:52 AM »
I love horror movies so much. It sucks going thru Netflix,Amazon,Hulu etc… and seeing so many movies that look awesome then turning them on and they are foreign,sub titled,dubbed etc… wish I could watch them but I just can’t handle that shit.
I love the foreign ones most. A Serbian Film, Martyrs, High Tension, etc, etc.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2022, 02:59:50 AM »
I love the foreign ones most. A Serbian Film, Martyrs, High Tension, etc, etc.

I did like high tension and a Serbian film. But I only watched a Serbian film as my buddy played it at his house and man was that fucked up. High tension from wht I remember was in English with accent but easily understood. But most I can’t handle.never seen martyrs.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2022, 03:02:34 AM »
I did like high tension and a Serbian film. But I only watched a Serbian film as my buddy played it at his house and man was that fucked up. High tension from wht I remember was in English with accent but easily understood. But most I can’t handle.never seen martyrs.
The High Tension movie I am talking about is French and Martyrs is French Canadian.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2022, 03:17:46 AM »
The High Tension movie I am talking about is French and Martyrs is French Canadian.

I saw high tension dubbed and almost turned it off but the wife said let’s watch it and it was good. The dubbing wasn’t horrible but for the most part I can’t handle it.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2022, 04:39:31 AM »

I stopped going on netflicks for thst shit every horror that looked good had subtitles when put it on can’t be bothered with them I though movies were invented do we didn’t have to read bastard books

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 04:39:48 AM »
I saw high tension dubbed and almost turned it off but the wife said let’s watch it and it was good. The dubbing wasn’t horrible but for the most part I can’t handle it.
I hate dubbing. I would rather read subtitles and listen to the native language. These type of movies don't have too much dialog anyway. There's a Korean movie called Moebius (2013) where there is no dialog at all. It is a very messed up film where a woman gets mad at her husband's cheating so she cuts her son's penis off and swallows it.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 05:54:55 AM »
I stopped going on netflicks for thst shit every horror that looked good had subtitles when put it on can’t be bothered with them I though movies were invented do we didn’t have to read bastard books

Haha exactly.

I hate dubbing. I would rather read subtitles and listen to the native language. These type of movies don't have too much dialog anyway. There's a Korean movie called Moebius (2013) where there is no dialog at all. It is a very messed up film where a woman gets mad at her husband's cheating so she cuts her son's penis off and swallows it.

Yeah you don’t really need much talking in horror movies that’s for sure. I hate dubbing as well it can be brutal. Moebius sounds brutal haha.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 07:56:15 AM »
I have the same issues when is comes to subtitles.
T

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2022, 01:47:05 AM »
I hated watching the animals tortured. The humans I enjoyed.
Why? the turtle scene made me kinda hungry like I wanted to eat the turtle

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2022, 01:50:05 AM »
Tonight I watched Virgin witch (1972), good movie

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2022, 02:40:10 AM »
Why? the turtle scene made me kinda hungry like I wanted to eat the turtle
I just hate watching animals tortured. The human torture is just acting but they really tortured those animals.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2022, 01:13:10 AM »
I just hate watching animals tortured. The human torture is just acting but they really tortured those animals.
Tbh the blonde guy got killed by the natives and they cut his dick off. Looked too real to be fake, it was real I think

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2022, 01:14:13 AM »
Tonight I watched another great horror movie, Torso (1973)

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2022, 01:32:34 AM »
The Green Inferno is a modern jungle cannibal movie, inspired by the movies from the late 70's and 80's.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2022, 01:39:22 AM »
The Green Inferno is a modern jungle cannibal movie, inspired by the movies from the late 70's and 80's.
Do you love it?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2022, 05:04:46 AM »
Really good Eli Roth film. Just watched Cannibal Ferox last night and the animal torture was even worse than Cannibal Holocaust.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2022, 02:30:01 PM »
Tonight I watched another great horror movie, Torso (1973)

Torso and Tenebrae are two of the best of the entire giallo(Italian suspense/horror) genre. Tenebrae was directed by Dario Argento, who's the director most associated with "giallo" movies.

Original trailer:

Faster-paced "modern" trailer: