Author Topic: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...  (Read 9461 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
A quick question concerning early morn cardio...
« on: December 09, 2007, 02:22:20 PM »
i'm starting my cardio tomorrow in the am on an empty stomach...

will glutamine or any other aminos hamper fat loss?

any suggestions on what to take?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »
I take 10grams glutamine, some bcaa's (starting tomorrow) 2 grams sesamin and some thermo pills, right now taking hot roxx extreme.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
yeah, i was thnking of just the glutamine with some xtend (bcaa).   I don't want to hamper the fat burning process.

now that i have a little time in the morning, I can get the cardio in then....then after work in the pm do weight training...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
dont take glutamine.it is converted to glucose in the liver, and will only hamper fat loss. you should take some bcaa's, or some pure protein..such as isopure, or just eat soem eggw hites.  what you want is to have some free floating amino acids in your blood stream, and nothing else(besides stimulants if you care to add them in). 

heres the reason why

when doign any type of physical activity, our body uses a combination of fats and glucose for energy. the lower intensity the exercise, the greater the percentage of fats being burned, the higher the intensity of the exercise, the greater the percentage of glucose being burned. if you have any glucose or fats floating in your blood stream, you will use these for eneergy before you use any stored glucose(muscleglycogen), or stored fat(bodyfat). so you dont want any free floating "energy nutrients"(carbs or fat) in your blood stream when you trying t burn directly into bodyweight. and ideally, you want to burn mostly body fat, and as little glucose as possible. so lower intensity works best for burnign the most body fat, and the least amount of glucose.  but you can only burn a MAJORITY fats..you will still be using some glucose for energy during your cardio NO MATTER WHAT. you cant stop your body from using glucose..it always will be burning at least some. and in the morning, you glycogen stores are pretty low, so once you have burned all the way through your glycogen stores, you will be left withonly one option for glucose demands= converting amino acids into glucose to be used as energy. now, just like always, you body is going to use any available nutrients in the blood stream before it uses any bodyweight(muscle tissue), so having some free floating amino acids in your blood stream while doing morning cardio will prevent your body from diving into muscle for glucose demands, but will not prevent or slow down your fat burning in the slightest, as long as you only consume a small amount of amino's, and you dont have ANY carbs or fats with them. this is why you want a pure protein source, and nothing else(besides some stimulants)..    and like i said, glutamine is always converted into glucose in the liver..so consuming some glutamin will spike insulin levels, decrease free floating glucagon, decrease cyycular amp, completely halt lipogensis, and put a huge dampering on the effectiveness of your morning cardio.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
interesting candizzle....

i was thnking about just going with the aminos....

thanks

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
ideally you should take amino acids that are solely ketogenic, certain amino acids are glucogenic and convert much more readily to glucose, and are more likely to hamper your fat loss goals..     leucine is the perfect amino acid; and if you can gte it pure, i would recommend taking 5 -10 grams leucine and an eca stack with some acetyl l carnitine.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
dont take glutamine.it is converted to glucose in the liver, and will only hamper fat loss. you should take some bcaa's, or some pure protein..such as isopure, or just eat soem eggw hites.  what you want is to have some free floating amino acids in your blood stream, and nothing else(besides stimulants if you care to add them in). 

heres the reason why

when doign any type of physical activity, our body uses a combination of fats and glucose for energy. the lower intensity the exercise, the greater the percentage of fats being burned, the higher the intensity of the exercise, the greater the percentage of glucose being burned. if you have any glucose or fats floating in your blood stream, you will use these for eneergy before you use any stored glucose(muscleglycogen), or stored fat(bodyfat). so you dont want any free floating "energy nutrients"(carbs or fat) in your blood stream when you trying t burn directly into bodyweight. and ideally, you want to burn mostly body fat, and as little glucose as possible. so lower intensity works best for burnign the most body fat, and the least amount of glucose.  but you can only burn a MAJORITY fats..you will still be using some glucose for energy during your cardio NO MATTER WHAT. you cant stop your body from using glucose..it always will be burning at least some. and in the morning, you glycogen stores are pretty low, so once you have burned all the way through your glycogen stores, you will be left withonly one option for glucose demands= converting amino acids into glucose to be used as energy. now, just like always, you body is going to use any available nutrients in the blood stream before it uses any bodyweight(muscle tissue), so having some free floating amino acids in your blood stream while doing morning cardio will prevent your body from diving into muscle for glucose demands, but will not prevent or slow down your fat burning in the slightest, as long as you only consume a small amount of amino's, and you dont have ANY carbs or fats with them. this is why you want a pure protein source, and nothing else(besides some stimulants)..    and like i said, glutamine is always converted into glucose in the liver..so consuming some glutamin will spike insulin levels, decrease free floating glucagon, decrease cyycular amp, completely halt lipogensis, and put a huge dampering on the effectiveness of your morning cardio.

You are still operating under the false idea that it is the fat burned during exercise that is the determining factor in total fat loss from exercise.

Which could explain why you are still far away from being 10% bodyfat after 1 year of dieting ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »

You are still operating under the false idea that it is the fat burned during exercise that is the determining factor in total fat loss from exercise.

Which could explain why you are still far away from being 10% bodyfat after 1 year of dieting ;D
your assumption is incorrect.    im am well aware of what role cardiovascular activity plays in fat loss. 

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
Take BCAA's, you'll be fine.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
Take BCAA's, you'll be fine.
tru dat.

i just gave you the unnecessarily detailed explanation.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
your assumption is incorrect.    im am well aware of what role cardiovascular activity plays in fat loss. 

Please write a decent answer.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 06:18:45 PM »
Please write a decent answer.
you were referring to h.i.t. cardio...and you were asserting that the raised metabolism from h.i.t. which lasts for much longer than the duration of the cardio is why its better for fat loss than low intensity cardio.

im a mind reader.

and your leafy bug..

hahaha.

but what you dont know...is how cardio affects the body, the muscles, and al of the hormones and bodily process' that control the oxidation of body fat. once you learn about how long duration cardiovascular activity affects those things, then you will realize that, while cardio is not even necessary in the short term, its vital for long term fat loss and for keeping up a body that is an efficient fat burner.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 06:24:43 PM »
you were referring to h.i.t. cardio...and you were asserting that the raised metabolism from h.i.t. which lasts for much longer than the duration of the cardio is why its better for fat loss than low intensity cardio.

im a mind reader.

and your leafy bug..

hahaha.

but what you dont know...is how cardio affects the body, the muscles, and al of the hormones and bodily process' that control the oxidation of body fat. once you learn about how long duration cardiovascular activity affects those things, then you will realize that, while cardio is not even necessary in the short term, its vital for long term fat loss and for keeping up a body that is an efficient fat burner.

1: you are one dumb fuck.
2: I was not refering to HIT cardio in particular.
3: I am not leafy. I am DF and my alter ego Debussey.
4: You have no real applicable knowledge in this area that can create improved results. You claim that the fat burned during cardio (as opposed to the total calories burned) can accumulate into a huge difference on total fat loss over a long time period. (implied by your earlier posts). This = simply not correct.
5: I have read your posts. Frankly, you are an idiot.

Hope this helps  :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »

4: You have no real applicable knowledge in this area that can create improved results. You claim that the fat burned during cardio (as opposed to the total calories burned) can accumulate into a huge difference on total fat loss over a long time period. (implied by your earlier posts). This = simply not correct.

hahaha.

plase shoot yourself.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
hahaha.

plase shoot yourself.

Give a rational explanation and link to the relevant studies.

Let us say that you burn 250 calories each cardio session and do 3 each week as part of your dieting program.

30% of these calories comes from fat. That is 225 calories each week which equals 25 grams of fat.

Let us say that morning cardio burns 50% from fat instead of 30% (a fair estimate). This means a difference each week of 16,6667 grams of fat. And this does not factor in the negative effects of the catabolic state the body is in before breakfast.

Do you still claim that fat burned during cardio is very significant, and that the "fat stortage benefits" from morning cardio = significant?  ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »

Do you still claim that fat burned during cardio is very significant, and that the "fat stortage benefits" from morning cardio = significant?  ::)

your pathetic. i have never once claimed that. in fact, i just said in my previous post that in the short term cardio wasnt even necessary for fat loss.

i provided a way to optimize the portion of energy burned as fat, and minimize any burning of muscle. that is soemthing that is very much necessary. at least for someone wanting to lose bodyfat, while keeping muscle.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 04:23:24 AM »
your pathetic. i have never once claimed that. in fact, i just said in my previous post that in the short term cardio wasnt even necessary for fat loss.

i provided a way to optimize the portion of energy burned as fat, and minimize any burning of muscle. that is soemthing that is very much necessary. at least for someone wanting to lose bodyfat, while keeping muscle.

Yes you did.

Please stop using insults and remain rational. We are here to help other people, not to feed your drug induced ego.

Debusseys/DFussys point is simple: The "optimization" of the "portion of energy burned as fat" is simply insignificant if you look at the numbers. At the same time, morning cardio is a good way to BURN MORE muscle, not less. All in all, it is not a very good choice for most people.

You should take a math course and listen to Layne Norton. Numbers does not lie, and neither does Layne Norton. Only you lie, when you streal money from your mom to buy drugs.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 06:16:21 AM »
I honestly have no interest in getting in the middle of this argument, but I have to disagree with the point that taking Glutamine on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning is going to be converted to glucose and interfere with fat burning...

I've tried just about every supplement, every work out program and every diet...  And the one thing that I've done consistently since the very beginning, is TAKE GLUTAMINE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
I honestly have no interest in getting in the middle of this argument, but I have to disagree with the point that taking Glutamine on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning is going to be converted to glucose and interfere with fat burning...

I've tried just about every supplement, every work out program and every diet...  And the one thing that I've done consistently since the very beginning, is TAKE GLUTAMINE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!

Candizzles problem is that he uses qualitative ways of analyzing a phenomena (dieting) that is primarely quantitative in nature. Thus, he makes a big splash out of things that does not contribute to the actual results in any noticeable degree.

Do not listen to him. Practice the fundamentals.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »
glutamine first thing in the morning is awesome, whiteulk. just not for before cardio. the reason it is good to take first thing in the morning normally is because of how fast it is digested and converted into glucose. it immidietly, and im talking about withing a minute or two, halts any catabolism of muscle tissue for glucose energy demands by providing quick sources of amino acids in the liver that are converted to glucose...taking the place of any amino acids it would have used at that time for conversion to glucose....and since youve been sleeping all night; the only amino's it could possibly be conerting to glucose to meet its energy demands are aminos it derives from your own muscle tissue.     however, in the case of early morning cardio...you dont want to have the glutamine, because it automatically converts to glucose...    you want amino cids such as the bcaa's which will only be converted to glucose in the situation where your body has no glucose left, and no glycogen left; thus requiring amino acids for the conversion into glucose...    at which point it normally would catabolise muscle tissue. thats where the bcaa's step in. they get converted instead of the muscle tissue. but only when the body calls upon them to be converted.. aND THAT IS KEY.

i do know what im talking about..   maybe not in the past. but i have ductaed myself quite extensively. youd do well to forget about what df is telling you; i mean, he did just referance layne norton. hahah

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 08:34:17 AM »
Candizzles problem is that he uses qualitative ways of analyzing a phenomena (dieting) that is primarely quantitative in nature. Thus, he makes a big splash out of things that does not contribute to the actual results in any noticeable degree.

Do not listen to him. Practice the fundamentals.

His google-foo rivals Adonis's.

Like you said start with the fundamentals & then tweak them to whatever works best for you.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
His google-foo rivals Adonis's.

adonis is df is debussey is leafy bug is pandaemonium is jezebell is one half of gh15...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
adonis is df is debussey is leafy bug is pandaemonium is jezebell is one half of gh15...

I don't care who's gimmick account is who's or who's using what account. All I've noticed is that you post on everything & act like you know everything. A lot of your posts seem to be a cut & paste. Not a slam just an observation.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 10:31:38 AM »
no dude i never have "cut and paste"ed and i never will.   

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »

i do know what im talking about..   maybe not in the past. but i have ductaed myself quite extensively. youd do well to forget about what df is telling you; i mean, he did just referance layne norton. hahah

So, you are saying that Layne Norton, who is working on his Ph.D. in protein metabolism is an inferior source about nutrition compared to you (a quackjob that stole money from his mother to pay for drugs)?

Are you also saying that your qualitative take on nutrition (which focuses on small irrelevant things and is full of errors) is superior to having long term quantitative control over the fundamental variables that really dictate body composition? (implied several times by your posts, especially by your last statement)

;D ;D ;D ;D
Let me help you: You have answered yes to both questions.

;D