Author Topic: Can We talk about Building Solid "clean" Mass?  (Read 9321 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Can We talk about Building Solid "clean" Mass?
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »
OK now i know what category you're in here.

you will see my pics for the contest, hold tight my chubby little friend.
E

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2006, 07:04:46 PM »
.... i was even smaller when i started to 185 or something. the one this jackass posted is 180. I'm 178.5 now and the waist is coming down more.

a 1.5 lbs loss, brutal diet

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2006, 07:08:01 PM »
.... That or 3.7mph and 7.5 ramp.....every moning....then, every single day...5pm...it's weights, delts, back,legs,arms,chest repeat......

if you do circular training, do not expect to gain much muscle mass, if any.  if you plan on continuing triathlons than you've been doing exactly what you need to be doing so there's no reason to worry about.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
"the contest" ? what 34/posts per day contest?

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 04:48:50 AM »
hey if you guys want to bash each other, that's fine....just pick a different thread, show a little respect, eh?

New Week today, new diet....you guys tell me exactly where I dropped the ball and I will be able to change it imiidiately

WAKE 5AM
30 MINUTES 10.5 INCLINE WALK AT 3.0-3.5 SPEED

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2006, 04:49:51 AM »
what's the cardio for?

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2006, 05:28:11 AM »
to help speed up my metabolism, make me hungrier, keep bf in check, etc.  Bad idea?  I sit all damn day in an office, so I like to do something before I get in:

30 minutes walk, abs, shower, get ready for work, etc

700am MEAL #1
1 TEASPOON OF FLAX (90 CALS, 6G OF FAT)
1 CUP EGG BEATERS (120CALS, 20G PRO)
1/2 CUP SKIM (60 CALS, 6G PRO)
1 SCOOP CASEIN (140CALS, 20G PRO)
LARGE COFFEE
TOTAL 410 CALS/46G PRO/5-8 CARBS/6G OF FAT

NEXT MEAL AT 10AM WILL BE PROTEIN/CARB MEAL
1 CUP ROLLED OATS
4 EGG WHITES
1/2 CUP EGG BEATERS
1 SCOOP CASEIN

NEXT MEAL AT 1:15PM - PROTEIN/CARBS AGAIN....3 HRS PRIOR TO TRAINING.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:27 AM »
i usually have

6am  a bowl of cereal
7am-8:30am  workout (have a power drink during it)
9am  post-workout shake (glutamine + protein)
10:30am  1 pound of chicken, coke
2pm  another protein shake + bagel or two
5:30pm  meal (e.g. rice, pasta, some meat, veggies, whatever)
8pm  meal (e.g. cottage cheese, eggs)
10pm  protein shake (with glutamine and flax oil), go to sleep

i also drink a shitload of coffee between meals....

again, depending on your goals, if you want to gain muscle, you must eat a lot, neither dirty nor super clean, somewhere in between.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
Nice of you to post your diet, but if you wouldnt mind starting your own thread to do so, it would be appreciated.  I can help you out if you do as will many other bros....looks like your diet needs some serious work, as mine is more of a final tuneup- DITCH THE COKE, CEREAL AND BAGELS #1

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 07:50:32 AM »
Nice of you to post your diet, but if you wouldnt mind starting your own thread to do so, it would be appreciated.  I can help you out if you do as will many other bros....looks like your diet needs some serious work, as mine is more of a final tuneup- DITCH THE COKE, CEREAL AND BAGELS #1
  DIET UPDATED ABOVE

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 08:21:05 AM »
hey if you guys want to bash each other, that's fine....just pick a different thread, show a little respect, eh?

New Week today, new diet....you guys tell me exactly where I dropped the ball and I will be able to change it imiidiately

WAKE 5AM
30 MINUTES 10.5 INCLINE WALK AT 3.0-3.5 SPEED

sorry bro, consider it done.
E

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 09:34:42 AM »
don't do the cardio you wanna get big. that goes against you. to speed up metabolism? lifting speeds it up more. people say lifting weights isn't cardio... i guess they don't think people breathe or increase their heart-rates while lifting.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »
any other bros have any insight???  Much appreciated.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »

Do you vary your cardio?

I'm a fan of interval cardio training, something along the lines of a sprint/walk workout, I've seen some evidence that this is best for VO2 max, fat burning, and overall endurance, kind of a best of all things. The reasoning is general cardio (walking for x minutes even at an incline) is something your body gets used to quickly. You're essentially training yourself to be efficient at that workload for that period of time. Yes you burn calories, but in my opinion starting with an amino acid/scoop of protein powder immediately before interval cardio in the morning usually does the best.

As far as diet, some may laugh at this, but I actually liked the old ABCD "Anabolic Burst Cycling Diet", that Bill Philips used to push 6-7 years ago. I seem to adjust to workout and diet changes very quickly, but I always seem to be able to initiate gains by force feeding for a few days but then backing off slowly. I think the biggest trick to that diet was that you gained/lost water weight which helped with strength (the diet phases were not long enough to loose significant strength) and kept your metabolism guessing for the most part.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2006, 01:42:20 AM »

You can do the cardio, especially if you have "fat kid" syndrome. You simply can't continue going buck wild with it. I recommend you get this month's MuscleMag International (# 291). There's a good article on page 144, entitled "Endomorphic Bodybuilding". This is one of the few articles I've seen about this subject. As, the beginning of it states, most articles about training and nutrition are geared towards people who have trouble putting on weight.

I agree. When I first posted here, I assumed you were yet another of those self-proclaimed hardgainers (ectomorphs).

Plus, there's an article in FLEX (a couple of issues back) regarding Gunter Schlierkamp's diet. He says he gets better results when he eats 6000 calories and does cardio than he would if he ditched the cardio and simply ate fewer (4500) calories. You may be in a similar boat.

But, PLEASE, there's no need for doing cardio 7 days per week. If you get any smaller, Michael Jackson is going to have to cut a charity album for you, "USA for Lugar".

;D

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 05:34:11 AM »
This is very true!  However, after being an athlete all my life and now finding myself in an office for 10 hours every day before I train is very difficult.  SOme may love that idea, as it allows them to bulk, rest and put on mass, but I have the need to do something first thing in the morning.  I've tried to cut back, so I switched to 10.5 ramp and 3.0-3.5 speed, but this is pretty taxing.  Not sure if it's because I am exremely overtrained and burned out, but I am zonked for a few hours post......I just would like to have a concrete diet in place, one that will allow me to put on lean mass and not worry about at gain chubbyness!

My am shake this morning was

1 fish oil tab
1/2 tsp of flax
1 scoop casein
1 cup egg whites
large coffee (all fats and protein)

next meal will be 1 cup of oats, 6 egg whites and a scoop of casein (all carbs and protein)

I would so much LOVE to just go to QUiznos and get a couple footlongs for lunch, then go train, then eat all night, but my body and mind say no way!

Here in lies the biggest problem I have mentally aside from losing the abs (shit, anyone can have abs at 160, I look anerexic but cant beat it)  I eat my final meal of the day as I lay down and watch tv and zonk out for the night.  So, this tyhpically is 5 minutes before I actually turn the lights out.  Thats why I do am cardio, because my mind says since I ate so late, I need to go burn it off.  I used t have a huge bowl of cottage cheese, a slew of veggies and ff dip, about 20-25 peanuts in the shell, and a huge casein shake.  Prob. way too many calories huh, but I been starving myself all day cause I love this meal and want to be able to consume it.  It's def. my favorite meal of the day and one I look forward to.  it's post workout, it's while I relax, and it's just "fun" to eat.........is this bad?  Too many cals?  Are the peanuts and veggies a bad idea?  WIll this result in fat gain?

castor troy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 01:27:31 PM »
To build mass you gotta have carbs. Carbs/ Protein mixture is highly anabolic.  How much fat you gain during clean bulk is based on ur genetics given that you eat very clean.  To diet you gotta use carbs wisely and sparingly. Once during morning and once after workout.  Veggie thruout night...