Author Topic: OT: I wanna go out but  (Read 9574 times)

Bast175

OT: I wanna go out but
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:34:01 PM »
I will be too tempted to drink alcoholic beverages containing empty calories therefor ruining my diet.   What should I do?

What the hell is there to do besides going to bars?   I just graduated college and I do not know of any other activities. 

Help.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: OT: I wanna go out but
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »
go back to taking your drugs.

All drugs.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »
vodka and tonic.... alcohol isnt good at all, but my friend was drinking that when he was preparing for a contest and still came in shredded.
real men= no rubbers

RJB

• Getbig II
  • Everyone on the internets is rich.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »
Beer will help you put on some good mass. Just remember to do a lot of cardio throughout the week.
Ronnie looked like doodoo

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »
I will be too tempted to drink alcoholic beverages containing empty calories therefor ruining my diet.   What should I do?

What the hell is there to do besides going to bars?   I just graduated college and I do not know of any other activities. 

Help.

I thought you got kicked of the contest out cuz you are a juicer?
E

Bast175

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
I thought you got kicked of the contest out cuz you are a juicer?

I don't take prohormones anymore and don't plan to.  I was dieting down regardless of getbig, haha what kind of idiot would diet down simply for an online contest?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 07:51:50 PM »
I don't take prohormones anymore and don't plan to.  I was dieting down regardless of getbig, haha what kind of idiot would diet down simply for an online contest?

I honestly don't know shit about gear. are you kicked out or not? btw, alcohol at least makes you look shredded in the morning, after I drink, I have some crazy vascularity. Some chicks actually have told me its gross looking and I need to eat more.
E

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 07:59:19 PM »

adonis  to name one

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
Go watch movies. Chill with friends.
just push some weight!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »
Go have some drinks for fucks sake. It's not like getting lean is your job. You are only young once. Have fun ;D
E

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 08:15:46 PM »
Bast ,go have some drinks ,enjoy life ,"Mr getbig ''is over,don't  waste your time

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 08:17:05 PM »
bast, now that you're done with college, what are you doing with your life?

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »
well you can go shoot a couple rounds of golf, meet bob hope...Then you could go shoot some dope.. ;D

or rail a couple lines of coke..

Or stay online and kiss adonis and sarcasm's ass a little more..

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 08:19:36 PM »
Take some Ecstacy! Great for cardio and you dont need to drink!!
P

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 08:23:09 PM »
Take some Ecstacy! Great for cardio and you dont need to drink!!

no, he'll drink a few gallons of water, but thats good for you, so good advice. Make sure you get at least 4(tabs) for every person taking them.
E

Bast175

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »
bast, now that you're done with college, what are you doing with your life?

looking for App Developer jobs.  If you had to take an office job in IT what would it be 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »
looking for App Developer jobs.  If you had to take an office job in IT what would it be 240?

study your ass off for 3 weeks and take and pass the A+.

Then you can get a job as a tech (fixing PCs around a company).  You meet everyone in the company, learn the culture, learn the organization, and learn the firm's software inside and out. 

Then you have 2 choices- SW development, or netadmin

If you wanna be in ap dev/db mgmt, chat it up with the MIS/programming guys- learn what language they code in, and get a book on it, and learn it at home.  Get an entry level job there, and you'll have a leg up on everyone else. work hard, move up.

If you wanna be a netadmin, stay 2 years at a tech and really learn the system.  But don't be a douche that does that til he's 40.  get your Network+ in a month.  Then take on the MCSE in the next year.  All along, keep the CCNA book in the bathroom and read it everytime you're in there- cisco R&S takes longer to absorb.  By the time your two years is up, you'll know everyone in the company (from fixing their PCs), you'll know everything the lower netadmins do, you'll have as many certs as the upper netadmins, and you'll cost a hell of a lot less for the company 9salary-wise).  So when someone has to go, it won't be you.  move, up, get money, yada yada.  And once youre the top netadmin, read a business book now and then so you don't get passed over when the CIO/CTo retires.

Bast175

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
study your ass off for 3 weeks and take and pass the A+.

Then you can get a job as a tech (fixing PCs around a company).  You meet everyone in the company, learn the culture, learn the organization, and learn the firm's software inside and out. 

Then you have 2 choices- SW development, or netadmin

If you wanna be in ap dev/db mgmt, chat it up with the MIS/programming guys- learn what language they code in, and get a book on it, and learn it at home.  Get an entry level job there, and you'll have a leg up on everyone else. work hard, move up.

If you wanna be a netadmin, stay 2 years at a tech and really learn the system.  But don't be a douche that does that til he's 40.  get your Network+ in a month.  Then take on the MCSE in the next year.  All along, keep the CCNA book in the bathroom and read it everytime you're in there- cisco R&S takes longer to absorb.  By the time your two years is up, you'll know everyone in the company (from fixing their PCs), you'll know everything the lower netadmins do, you'll have as many certs as the upper netadmins, and you'll cost a hell of a lot less for the company 9salary-wise).  So when someone has to go, it won't be you.  move, up, get money, yada yada.  And once youre the top netadmin, read a business book now and then so you don't get passed over when the CIO/CTo retires.

Thanks, good advice. I bought books on asp, vb.net and C# from Amazon.  I'll get certs in those, then A+ later on.  Development is more interesting to me than Networking.

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
don't drink bast !!!

resist the temptation

it's my friking birthday and I am not drinking an once  8)

Bast175

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »
don't drink bast !!!

resist the temptation

it's my friking birthday and I am not drinking an once  8)

If you want to look freaky you have to make sacrifices.  When I finish dieting I'll have cheat meals here and there and drink a few vodkas when I go out, but If I do that during dieting it won't work.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 08:57:34 PM »
that's the spirit of a champion !

Bast175

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »
When I tell people I'm still dieting they say "why, you're already ripped?" or something like that, and it does make me question whether I should just stop and get back to gaining because I am lean enough, but I haven't reached the goal I set yet.  So I would feel like a quitter.

Stavios

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 08:59:56 PM »
just keep getting leaner ! push your body to the max bast

you will get a fucking huge rebound after that and a good 8 weeks of easy muscle gaining

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 09:03:32 PM »
Thanks, good advice. I bought books on asp, vb.net and C# from Amazon.  I'll get certs in those, then A+ later on.  Development is more interesting to me than Networking.

in that case, you'll never need the A+.  It's just a groovy easy cert to get your feet in teh door.

If you're going developemnt-

1) talk to garraeth. very wise man.  He once castrated a man using only a spacebar and CLI.

2) get an internship with a big company doing some app development that's WAY over your skillset.  You'll hate it for a week, then learn it and start kicking ass.  last summer, i had no ASp.net or dotnet nuke skills and got hired as an intern.  i took the DNN book home and learned it in 3 long nights.  next monday, they hired me fulltime.  the next week, i learned a lot about ASP and got involved on a big project.  by the end of that week, i was informally dividing up tasks for the Paki and H1 guys who were there making 150k a year but couldn't organize.  Over the weekend (been there 2 weeks at this point) I assembled a proj mgmt process for the 7 guys and gave it to my boss' boss on Monday. Figured i'd either get fired or promoted lol... they gave me a promoteion to team manager.  same title, same pay, but now they'd give me permission to bill them for 12 extra OT hours each saturday.  So it was in essence a raise they couldn't tell their bosses about.  For the rest of the summer, I was an IT proj manager for a company portal (it was a personalized website for everyone that visited it, based upon permissions, department, etc) if a cook and a CEo visited it, they both saw diffeerent things, based upon their login groups.  very cool thing. Anyway, that was my long summer story. hope you liked it.

Bast175

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »
haha thanks 240.  Yea I've been applying for developer jobs.  I've only gotten one interview yet :(.  That company told me to be patient so I may still have a chance at getting that job. 

I haven't gotten any other interviews yet.  It's frustrating.    I'm worried it will take a long time for me to get a job.