Author Topic: Muscle soreness and fullness  (Read 1034 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
Muscle soreness and fullness
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »
Hey guys, I have been wondering for a long time now about why the days after I lift when I am the most sore my muscles also feel the strongest.  I cant push the same weight when I'm in the recovery period but whatever group I used feels so full and strong when I flex.  Especially my back, I am still fairly new to lifting, going on a year and a half now, but the couple days after I do back its kind of cool cause I look in the mirror at my back and I can see all my muscles bunched up and full.  Is it that they are filled with blood trying to heal themselves or what?  thanks for any clues as to why this is, as you guys are the only people I "know" regarding lifting.

Ledd

• Getbig III
Re: Muscle soreness and fullness
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »
Anyone?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:39:23 AM »
Its more to do with the fact that you can feel the muscle has been worked, therefore you're more concious of it, more aware etc.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

smblkolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:40:40 AM »
I feel the same way. When I'm sore the next two days after a workout, I definitly "feel" bigger, though not stronger. Could be inflamation in the muscle group from the damage caused by the workout. That's my guess anyway. Hope it helps.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »
I think the muscles retain a little more size and definition for some days after lifting.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Hey guys, I have been wondering for a long time now about why the days after I lift when I am the most sore my muscles also feel the strongest.  I cant push the same weight when I'm in the recovery period but whatever group I used feels so full and strong when I flex.  Especially my back, I am still fairly new to lifting, going on a year and a half now, but the couple days after I do back its kind of cool cause I look in the mirror at my back and I can see all my muscles bunched up and full.  Is it that they are filled with blood trying to heal themselves or what?  thanks for any clues as to why this is, as you guys are the only people I "know" regarding lifting.

this means you grew ever so slightly from that workout. you need to know a little bit of anatomy too and use common sense when asking these questions no offense. you pump BLOOD water FAT and CARBS , when you workout 'hard' the assimilation of these things is very high , these are the building blocks.
A

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »
In most cases the muscle nerve/motor units are still in a slight stimulated state, giving a awareness and feel  to  the muscles themselves. Your body has gone through  micro-trauma stress, through the training the day before. The CNS is well aware of this and is trying to adapt and recover. Something like getting a sunburn (for my white bro's) and feeling the awareness and discomfort around the area the next couple of day's. Good Luck.

Side Bar: Of course this does not suggest any growth or any thing else. That, for the most part, depends on the recovery abilities and rest allowed the CNS.