Author Topic: once a week  (Read 902 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
once a week
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
hey guys, do you think working each muscle directly once a week is enough...plz share personal experiences with this kind of training.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: once a week
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »
yea, i do once a week...... when i was younger, I full into doing the Ronnie Coleman style of tring. I through I had to train like him to get like.  but, I've learned that its more about genetics and how much can your body take.. so, nowI  thinking about resting and recovering move then training more..

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »
hey guys, do you think working each muscle directly once a week is enough...plz share personal experiences with this kind of training.
Never work a muscle that is still sore.
Don't do say a back workout and then biceps the next day since back work hits the biceps too.
ditto for chest one day, don't hit triceps the next day.

If you are just worn out and don't want to go to the gym, then don't, thats your body begging for a break, over training is the most common of mistakes.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »
old rooster; i know i was asking a question for answers, so i thank you for your answer but a sore muscle can be trained.if you have high enough frequency soreness will go away and you will be able to hit a muscle more than once a week...the thing im wondering is how important is loading (volume) compared to frequency...because if you do 20 sets you aint gonna work a muscle 3 days a week fullbody style.