Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

CBS president Les Moonves on the Imus situation

(1/5) > >>

militarymuscle69:
"In our meetings with concerned groups, there has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society"

this is the reason he lists for firing Imus. So Imus calls them Nappy haired hoes one time and it holds back black women. But when they listen to Ludacris, Snoop dogg and others every bus trip on their MP3 players, that has no effect? I don't like what Imus said and I thought he was a boring ass DJ anyway, but isn't this a tad hypocritical? I bet these girls (black and white) on the team are out at dance clubs on the weekend listening to men call the bithces and hoes by choice.

http://gawker.com/news/don-imus/imus-is-done-says-les-moonves-251913.php?mail2=true

OzmO:

--- Quote from: militarymuscle69 on April 13, 2007, 05:31:02 PM ---"In our meetings with concerned groups, there has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society"

this is the reason he lists for firing Imus. So Imus calls them Nappy haired hoes one time and it holds back black women. But when they listen to Ludacris, Snoop dogg and others every bus trip on their MP3 players, that has no effect? I don't like what Imus said and I thought he was a boring ass DJ anyway, but isn't this a tad hypocritical? I bet these girls (black and white) on the team are out at dance clubs on the weekend listening to men call the bithces and hoes by choice.

http://gawker.com/news/don-imus/imus-is-done-says-les-moonves-251913.php?mail2=true

--- End quote ---

The thing in your assertion here that's missing is that CBS is a business. 

In principle you are exactly right.

Even though i don't agree with firing him, CBS had to make a business decision.  Just as Sony records or whatever has to make business decisions with Ludacris.  If Ludacris sells records calling people hoes, then Sony will keep making his records.  The minute he does something that would cause them to lose money, Sony will drop him like "Imus"

You gotta remember, Imus can still say what ever he wants.  So he still has freedom of speech!

militarymuscle69:

--- Quote from: OzmO on April 13, 2007, 05:39:37 PM ---The thing in your assertion here that's missing is that CBS is a business. 

In principle you are exactly right.

Even though i don't agree with firing him, CBS had to make a business decision.  Just as Sony records or whatever has to make business decisions with Ludacris.  If Ludacris sells records calling people hoes, then Sony will keep making his records.  The minute he does something that would cause them to lose money, Sony will drop him like "Imus"

You gotta remember, Imus can still say what ever he wants.  So he still has freedom of speech!

--- End quote ---

no no, I agree...CBS had no choice. I am asking about the girls. They act like there life is over, I actually thikn one woman said exactly that...but then they go to tge club and listen to much worse stuff everyweekend...

OzmO:

--- Quote from: militarymuscle69 on April 13, 2007, 05:44:37 PM ---no no, I agree...CBS had no choice. I am asking about the girls. They act like there life is over, I actually thikn one woman said exactly that...but then they go to tge club and listen to much worse stuff everyweekend...

--- End quote ---

lol,  there lives aren't over!  They have the world by the ass.  They will graduate from college with degrees and they played college basketball.  They are just fine.  The only way they could screw it up is by making poor choices from this point on.

militarymuscle69:

--- Quote from: OzmO on April 13, 2007, 05:47:29 PM ---lol,  there lives aren't over!  They have the world by the ass.  They will graduate from college with degrees and they played college basketball.  They are just fine.  The only way they could screw it up is by making poor choices from this point on.

--- End quote ---

oh I agree, I am just saying what they are saying. I mean the coach said it would take time before they could accept Imus's apology...then on the way home listened to Luda's Area Codes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version