Author Topic: full body workout machines??  (Read 861 times)

Littleman

• Getbig I
full body workout machines??
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:18 PM »
well to sum it up i havent been allowed to workout for a few months, now that I am for the next 3 months its supposed to be nothing more than a toning level. The doctor sugested an Eliptical as he said it is low impact and works the whole body.

Ok the question--Is the eliptical really all that good? I was thining Id get more out of a split between the Rowing Machine and Tradmil. 

There are also all these different types of elipticals like 4 styles. What is the deal with that lol.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: full body workout machines??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
The elliptical is one of the very best because it's good for cardio and has the advantage over most other machines in terms of both low impact and the perception that the exertion is "easier" for the same amount of work.

Bottom line use whatever inspires to use regularly, as long as it doesn't cause injury.

Bike's not on the same level as the others unless a very rigorous spinning type intensity's used. Rowing machine's quite good, so is treadmill if there's no aggrevation from use.

Different ellipticals from different companies-you've never heard of competition? LOL IMO the Precor and Arc Trainer are the best but most of the gym versions are good.

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: full body workout machines??
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:34:30 AM »
well to sum it up i havent been allowed to workout for a few months, now that I am for the next 3 months its supposed to be nothing more than a toning level. The doctor sugested an Eliptical as he said it is low impact and works the whole body.

Ok the question--Is the eliptical really all that good? I was thining Id get more out of a split between the Rowing Machine and Tradmil. 

There are also all these different types of elipticals like 4 styles. What is the deal with that lol.

What happened?  Back injury?  Chemo?  Seriously?