Author Topic: Morning cardio  (Read 12215 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Morning cardio
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »
haha.

okay slave.

i said it once i say it again

you do your thing

ill do mine

see you at the finish line

im not writing for you, your to dumb to understand what i have written or to interpret the studies i have posted.  :D

but some people will read the studies i posted and what i have written, process it in their brains and realize it makes sense.

let me summarize again:

'no training increases fat oxidation over a 24 hour period compared to a 'rest day'. what matters at the end is energi in vs energy out (not saying that its all that matters, as some fundamentalists will think). if you use more carbs during the activity you will use more fat the rest of the day. if you use more fat during the activity  the fatburning will decrease the rest of the day.

cardio in the fasted state will increase fatburning during the activity, but in such cases it will decrease later so that the fat oxidation over a 24 hour period is equal to what it would have been if the activity was done postprandially. (after eating)'

= do the cardio whenever you want**, it doesnt matter if your burn fat during the cardio or not. so you can still do the morning cardio if you like it, but if you hate waking up early just to do cardio you can stop doing it and do your cardio at some other time.

**except just before and just after a workout. when you should be eating and capitalizing on the growth signal that working out gives you.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
 LOL

slave... "LOL" is all i got for you...

like you said, the people reading will read what is written and will be able to rocess the info on their own

as for you, i could care less how your progress, or should i say, how you digress..  ;D

The Coach

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »
Slaveboy,

How about we do this. You get yourself or someone you train and I'll do the same. We do a three month study, you get your experts and I will get mine 2 which have written published case studies in various sports and med journals. You can set the bet, of course me be willing to bet you're wrong. After over 20 years working with athletes and bodybuilders, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Not even commonsense should tell you long sustained cardio you will lose mass. (Take the example of the sprinter vs. the Marathon or endurance athlete).

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
Slaveboy,

How about we do this. You get yourself or someone you train and I'll do the same. We do a three month study, you get your experts and I will get mine 2 which have written published case studies in various sports and med journals. You can set the bet, of course me be willing to bet you're wrong. After over 20 years working with athletes and bodybuilders, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Not even commonsense should tell you long sustained cardio you will lose mass. (Take the example of the sprinter vs. the Marathon or endurance athlete).

tell me exactly where im wrong and ill comment. i dont understand your last comment. clarify.

like i said before i didnt read your long post so i dont know your stance on all the topics i have mentioned. give me a summary.

other than that, you were asking for studies to back what i was saying, and i provided them and now you try to wiggle out.

like i said before, i know exactly what im talking about. and i have the brains to interpret the studies i read. not only that, i have discussed this subject with some really smart sports nutrition guys and they agree with me.

please try to refute what i have written, specially about morning cardio. (as that was the topic of this thread)..

i have in this thread partly destroyed the morning cardio myth (it does burn more fat...but it doesnt really matter in the end as long as you achieve a caloric deficit)

remember i was mainly talking in reference to morning cardio and have no idea what other things you discussed with other people.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »
If time is a constraint, combining cardio with weights in one session can be utilised.

Personally speaking i acheived better results by doing cardio at intervals during my weights workout.

5 mins fast running on a treadmill between exercises.

Lets say im performing 6 exercises thats 25 mins of cardio spliced in the workout.

Id much rather do this than tack on 25 mins AFTER the whole workout where time is at a premium in regards to shuttling carbs and proteins in to muscles.

Of course i may be wrong.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »
I prefer sex for morning cardio.

That is all i have to add.

8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
I prefer sex for morning cardio.

That is all i have to add.

8)

Do you alternate hands?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
Do you alternate hands?

Nope.

I use a false grip.

8)

The Coach

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:14 AM »
Sculpture, nothing wrong with what you are doing. Bodyfat will be kept low and you'll have great conditioning at the same time.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03:24 AM »
If time is a constraint, combining cardio with weights in one session can be utilised.

Personally speaking i acheived better results by doing cardio at intervals during my weights workout.

5 mins fast running on a treadmill between exercises.

Lets say im performing 6 exercises thats 25 mins of cardio spliced in the workout.

Id much rather do this than tack on 25 mins AFTER the whole workout where time is at a premium in regards to shuttling carbs and proteins in to muscles.

Of course i may be wrong.

Brutal loss of intensity...at least it would be for me. 

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »
Thats what i thought until i did it.

Try it.

Extra time between exercise means you can handle more/as much weight as normal.