Author Topic: Low-impact/upper-body cardio.  (Read 6413 times)

Purge_WTF

Low-impact/upper-body cardio.
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:15:45 AM »
 Suggestions? My knees have been a tad pissy over the past few months and I'd like to lose a few pounds.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Low-impact/upper-body cardio.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
A lot of guys with bad joints find they are able to use ellipticals. They even make elliptical bikes. Walking is one of the most under rated exercises. Walking fast for an hour a day will melt the fat off if your knees can take it. When I had a bicep rupture in the physical therapist for rehab  had a arm ergometer. Like a bike machine for your arms. It gave a brutal workout but I just wonder how many calories you can burn doing that? I have no clue where you would buy something like that. http://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Matrix-Krankcycle-Remanufactured-p/mkrank.htm

Another way to lose fat is just to train quickly with weights with volume. Use little rest between sets with moderate weights and just keep on the muscular endurance edge. Super sets and tri sets will help. Anyway it's my two cents.

JackNelson23

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »
Rowing machine and elliptical are great low impact workouts. Give those a try. You could also hit a punching bag.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
 I actually have a Max Trainer in my apartment, but I'm afraid of pissing my knees off more.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Suggestions? My knees have been a tad pissy over the past few months and I'd like to lose a few pounds.
Read up on 80's cardio protocols such as HEAVYHANDS WALKING and STEVE REEVES POWERWALKING.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
Walking fast is a very under rated exercise. I have shed fat quick walking an hour 6 days a week.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »
Rowing machine. I hate the feeling of having my legs full of blood after a bike or stairmaster session.