Author Topic: Being Bothered at the Gym  (Read 7207 times)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Being Bothered at the Gym
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:14:12 AM »
So some fattie walks up to me this weekend and ask why I was doing Deadlifts and 'what does that do for you'. I told them that it was a back exercise that also works out your hams. He proceeded by saying... "so its a leg workout and back workout? Are you working out your legs and back? Im working out my chest today. What exercises do you do for your chest?" ...Being a getbig asshole, I said...hey look at that guy, why dont you pester him with 'your goals', i think (sarcasticly) he actaully gets paid to do that, i dont know maybe the shirt and name tag might be a clue.

So fattie moves along and talks to the 'personal trainer'. After a half hour or so, the PT comes to me and says that he didnt appreciate my attitude with the 'member' and to remember the first time I went to the gym and didnt know what to do. I asked him, "Are you done? .... I mean are you done? Do I come up to you at the mall and ask you to if you have this shirt in a XL when your shopping too?"
He replies," Hey all im saying is that you go to the gym and he just started, cut him slack."

I want to know, where do these PTs and fatties get off thinking that people who have been going to the gym have to respect them when they bother them in the middle of working out? For those who actually lift, we can never take back all the time, $$$, energy that was put in to workout. While we were drving to gyms, working out 5 hours a week, waking up sore, ect ect...these fat fucks were at home, playing WarCraft, watching movies, sleeping,studying and doing homework... Why in the hell should we share our knowledge with you, knowledge we actively seeked or learned through experience just so you can come off the couch to fulfill a new years resolution, know damn well if we give you a real thorough answer that you wouldnt have the brain power to actually remember what we tell you. This post is to those who go to the gym like its a second/thrid JOB , the ones who look foward to days designated as REST...,

So in closing if you are a fat fuck reading this or some measly scrawny tiny tit, and think about asking a 'gym' question to someone you dont know just think that you might be talking to someone who thinks just like this

meltdown
The Number 2 in Scranton

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Re: Being Bothered at the Gym
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »
Oh yeah, Sarcasm to answer your question...."IS IT REALLY WORTH IT"...yeah it is
The Number 2 in Scranton

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 09:18:19 AM »
So some fattie walks up to me this weekend and ask why I was doing Deadlifts and 'what does that do for you'. I told them that it was a back exercise that also works out your hams. He proceeded by saying... "so its a leg workout and back workout? Are you working out your legs and back? Im working out my chest today. What exercises do you do for your chest?" ...Being a getbig asshole, I said...hey look at that guy, why dont you pester him with 'your goals', i think (sarcasticly) he actaully gets paid to do that, i dont know maybe the shirt and name tag might be a clue.

So fattie moves along and talks to the 'personal trainer'. After a half hour or so, the PT comes to me and says that he didnt appreciate my attitude with the 'member' and to remember the first time I went to the gym and didnt know what to do. I asked him, "Are you done? .... I mean are you done? Do I come up to you at the mall and ask you to if you have this shirt in a XL when your shopping too?"
He replies," Hey all im saying is that you go to the gym and he just started, cut him slack."

I want to know, where do these PTs and fatties get off thinking that people who have been going to the gym have to respect them when they bother them in the middle of working out? For those who actually lift, we can never take back all the time, $$$, energy that was put in to workout. While we were drving to gyms, working out 5 hours a week, waking up sore, ect ect...these fat fucks were at home, playing WarCraft, watching movies, sleeping,studying and doing homework... Why in the hell should we share our knowledge with you, knowledge we actively seeked or learned through experience just so you can come off the couch to fulfill a new years resolution, know damn well if we give you a real thorough answer that you wouldnt have the brain power to actually remember what we tell you. This post is to those who go to the gym like its a second/thrid JOB , the ones who look foward to days designated as REST...,

So in closing if you are a fat fuck reading this or some measly scrawny tiny tit, and think about asking a 'gym' question to someone you dont know just think that you might be talking to someone who thinks just like this

meltdown

Translation: I beat up my wife today again.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »

meltdown

translation this cool guy from the gym said my jeans were gay so i made up this story

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:46:46 AM »
translation this cool guy from the gym said my jeans were gay so i made up this story
You cant concieve this post, because you were the one asking questions Benji Pearshapedman
L

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:30 AM »
You cant concieve this post, because you were the one asking questions Benji Pearshapedman

ouch that hurt ::) it was especially hurtfull comming from a guy who can row 315 ::)

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »
wow dude you sound like a flaming homosexual

you probably think you are all hardcore with you 100 pound deadlift. i bet you grunt really loud while doing it too. so what if some guy asked u for some tips? he probably thought you know more than the personal trainer.

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »
I have come up with a simple solution to the "men's health" crowd and the personal trainers......open the doors to your gym and kick all the gay swiss balls out and as they are rolling down the street all the trainers will panic and run after them. You then shut the door, lock it and go workout.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »
I don't mind helping someone if I see them there more than 3 times.  I hate giving my knowledge away, just to have it wasted.
Most are all show no go!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »
I don't mind helping someone if I see them there more than 3 times.  I hate giving my knowledge away, just to have it wasted.

you must be a real expert ::)

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 11:51:57 AM »
Hahaha, I bet chainsaw has a line forming all the way to the squat rack for his knowledge.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
haha in know guys are like please guru can you spare some knowledge...... and his response is "NO, I have only seen you here twice I dont want my valuable info wasted" hahaha

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
I know what he means, though.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
jaejonna ,500 dollars jeans ,deadlift  8)

Swollness

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »
what dungeon was that taken in you beast? ;D
Perfektion

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 04:30:25 PM »
If somebody asks me a question i am more happy to answer it, there obviously interested and i'd take pride that they actually Asked me instead of a PT.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »
jaejonna ,500 dollars jeans ,deadlift  8)

lol
just push some weight!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 05:23:44 PM »
Some prick stole my $450 jeans from my gym locker.

I saw him wearing them the next day.

I almost said something.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 05:36:31 PM »
Jaejonna and his "crew" ::)

monster forearms

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 03:09:01 AM »

meltdown

Great post, I tend to help to a degree even when I am not working in the gym but I don't go into any detail as it would be a waste of time and fresh air. Usually I just point them to the direction of the closest PT in the gym and say "Since I work here I can't show you exercises as I am not a certified PT and not liable for any injuries you may sustain while doing an exercise I show you". I would like to just say what you said though.
I

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 03:36:06 AM »
  You are an idiot.  You didn't walk into a gym knowing the proper way to work out...You learned it from someone else in some way,whether it be in person or magazines or whatever.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 03:44:11 AM »
I have come up with a simple solution to the "men's health" crowd and the personal trainers......open the doors to your gym and kick all the gay swiss balls out and as they are rolling down the street all the trainers will panic and run after them. You then shut the door, lock it and go workout.
lol

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 03:46:35 AM »
lol

that was a pretty good idea that he had.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 05:04:40 AM »
It would have been funny if that fat guy picked up your 125 womanly body and slapped you between two slices of bread and ate you.
X

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 05:07:31 AM »
ONE THING I DO FIND ANNOYING IS WHEN PERSONAL TRAINERS THINK THAT THEY AND THEIR CLIENTS CAN IMPEDE ON UR WORKING OUT SPACE...OR THEIR BODY LANGUAGE INTRUDES ON UR WORKOUT WHEN THEY ARE NEAR U OR WANT UR EQUIPMENT OR SPACE.

that pisses me off... i pay my membership fee...and just cos ur paying a pt doesnt mean u have more right than me in the gym. thats my opinion.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!